Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

I give up...

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2004, 11:59 PM
ScMc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I give up...

I'm not even gonna try to run my TNX this winter as the weather is just too cold. You guys don't even know how much im Jones'n to be out there with an Rc truck though! So now, as a companion to the TNX, I'm looking for an electric Monster truck. I just need an all out basher. I'm thinking E-maxx is going to be my best bet but Maxxes just break too damn easily! Which truck suits my needs do u guys think? I just want a strong basher/jumper/hill climber. Whatever I get i will be putting a brushless motor in it. Also, do u guys know of ANY new electric trucks coming out on the market??? I have a feeling Traxxas has something in the works, and an E-Savage would be neat too. Any suggestions/comments or info would be great! Thanks, ScMc.
Old 12-30-2004, 12:58 AM
EMaxxer05

Default RE: I give up...

I've had my E-maxx for almost 2 years now, and I've had NO PROBlEMS. I'de say to go ahead and get one. Whoever told you that they "break easy" was turnin' you in the wrong direction. Or if you think that they are crap, your wrong!! haha. I'll say get an E-maxx and see for yourself.
Old 12-30-2004, 01:40 AM
69 GTO

I had a Emaxx that i raced and bashed with for a year or more and never broke anything except a stripped spur and twisted axle. If you still feel the emaxx might not hold up to what you want to do then get some RPM arms for it.

If you do get a emaxx and go brushless then i would strongly advise CVDs in place of the sliders, i twisted a few with just 17x1 mod motors in mine.

I do agree with you though, i'd be very surprised if I didnt see a electric version of the revo from traxxas in the new year.
Old 12-30-2004, 05:31 AM
fhm101

ORIGINAL: maxxoverkill
i'd be very surprised if I didnt see a electric version of the revo from traxxas in the new year.
Hmmm.....ROAR does include provision for an electric MT class in their new rules. I for one would love to see it catch on.
Old 12-30-2004, 08:42 AM
ScMc

Yah, I would hate to buy an E-maxx now just for an E-Revo to come out in another month! That would stink. But thats kinda the point, to run it now and not in the summer so maybe I will just get an E-maxx. Are their any Twin Force owners on this board? I'm also looking into that... Thanks.
Old 12-30-2004, 10:23 AM
tamiya08
My Feedback: (10)

SO YOU WANT AN eletric savage,

buy the savage kit, then you can buy this [link=http://www.carttonic.com/catalog/index.php?file=catalog&action=catalog_productinfo&uid=466&pi_id=84589&clist=0,47848,84587]conversion[/link]

or sopposly traxxas is soppose to take the e-maxx and update it with revo suspension and other components
Old 12-30-2004, 01:43 PM
ScMc

ORIGINAL: tamiyakid08

SO YOU WANT AN eletric savage,

buy the savage kit, then you can buy this [link=http://www.carttonic.com/catalog/index.php?file=catalog&action=catalog_productinfo&uid=466&pi_id=84589&clist=0,47848,84587]conversion[/link]

or sopposly traxxas is soppose to take the e-maxx and update it with revo suspension and other components
A RTR electric savage would be sweet, but it's not worth it to me to have to go through all those modifications just to have a solid electric basher.

And where did u hear that about Traxxas updating the E-Maxx with Revo suspension? Is it just a rumour or was it from a reliable source? Thanks.
Old 12-30-2004, 03:32 PM
tamiya08
My Feedback: (10)

i do not rember if it was a rumor or logical sorce, it was a long time ago, when the revo came out and every one was making posts about an e-revo, your best answer it to contact the company and find out for your self.
Old 12-30-2004, 03:51 PM
Tnx_4_life

have a lok on neweramodels....they have a savage mod..u dont have to mod urself
Old 12-30-2004, 03:56 PM
ScMc

lol, i called traxxas last night, some guy named Dan picked up the phone and treated me like I was retarded. I clearly stated what I meant like 5 times and he just couldnt get it. He answered me five times with "Uhhhh, Are you talking about the E-Maxx?"

Finally he figured out what I was saying and told me that Traxxas R&D doesn't even tell their employees what's in the works so I guess we will just have to wait and see!
Old 12-30-2004, 04:04 PM
69 GTO

ScMc maybe a good idea would be to keep an eye on ebay for a Emaxx for a good price. That way if they do come out with a E-Revo(would that be a EVO lol) then you could sell the emaxx for what you paid for it and not be out the cash.
Old 12-30-2004, 04:11 PM
ScMc

hmm good idea. They are only 300 bucks though, I could have one by the end of next week If i wanted one that bad... Ill figure it out.