Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Anyone got a Cen Genesis?

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2005, 03:38 PM
Mr Angry

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone got a Cen Genesis?

Hi all i have a quick question for ya reguarding the Cen Genesis truck Im very interested in getting myself one of these trucks
but after spending a few days reading up on them i have discovered that they do not have the best track record..
I hear that they have been haveing some problems in thier early batches that they released, And i also hear that they have made 3 different batches now and they have had to recall all 3 batches back, Due to radio and diff faliure.
I was wondering has anyone heard any updates on this truck yet and wether they have managed to iorn out any of thier faults..
Thanks
Andy
Old 01-01-2005, 03:49 PM
mr-rccrazy

Default RE: Anyone got a Cen Genesis?

Most of the problems have been fixed, all the gears are now hardened machined steel and things like that. It is NOT A RACE TRUCK! that is why it has "not the best track record". I would not recommend it to one new to the hobby, it is bound to have some kind of problems. For some of us, that is just part of the hobby.
Old 01-01-2005, 09:04 PM
amajor

I just got a Genesis and although I didn't just begin my r/c hobby I haven't run one for a long time. For me though it's been more like jumping back on a bicycle. I had trouble starting it more than likely because it was 30 something degrees outside. I forgot how temperature sensitive these little boogers are. It's warmed up considerably since then and I'm done with the 7-tank idle. I'll begin running it a little tomorrow. Like others I think 7 tank break-in is a bit extended but whatever. It seems to be running fine and I'm not planning on racing or running it very lean. One thing I wish CEN would have done especially since break-in is of the utmost importance is explain in detail the break-in needle settings. I know it comes from the factory set for break-in but it seems common sense to me that they simply explain to be sure and start the first tank of nitro with the low speed needle (opposite side of the fuel inlet) flush to the carb housing and the fast needle at about three and a half or four turns out from closed. Everyone knows how important the first few tanks are for new nitro engines and since they recommend such an extended idling break-in they really should tell you more about the low speed mixture needle setting.
Old 01-02-2005, 03:33 AM
RC30GTR

i just purchased one as well, cant be happier with it. Been to track, 15+ tanks through it so far, nothing major break. Its a Pretty impressive powerful truck. Its not as sharp around the track as my GT but its a lot funer when bashing
Old 01-03-2005, 01:09 PM
amajor

I ran my Genesis yesterday and it ran pretty good. It did cut out a few times but I'm hoping that was just because it's such a new engine. All in all I had fun running it and look forward to being able to "let it all out" one day.

I will say people usually don't come to these forums to tell all their friends what a good truck they have and how much fun they have with it. Most likely people come to these forums to talk to others about problems they are having. I came to this forum because I needed help with break-in. So more than likely you will only see problems or complaints in these forums. Start a new thread asking people what they think about their Genesis and you might get a few responses but quite possibly you will get mostly bad ones. In other words what I'm trying to say is that you will not get a fair representation of hardly any r/c model here and if you think you do then someone might have something to gain. You need to find a good modern review from a partial publication of many different monster truck r/c units and I don't know where you can find one. Anyone got any ideas?