Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

any one know if mgt is getting a discount?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

any one know if mgt is getting a discount?

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2005, 11:40 AM
nitro-noob420

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default any one know if mgt is getting a discount?

i heard ppl talkingabout getting mgts cheap like 350 any one know if they r cuttingthe price an a what the best place to order would b
Old 01-05-2005, 12:00 PM
badboy2
My Feedback: (13)

Default RE: any one know if mgt is getting a discount?

the best i found was in ultimatehobbies 379 shipped
Old 01-05-2005, 12:04 PM
ThermalRD

Ultimate runs a sale every now and then. Around 330 is the lowest they've dropped it to. I would expect this to be the theme this year. Just look how many trucks are out now, with more to come. Id say alot of prices are gonna go down this year.
Old 01-05-2005, 12:35 PM
badboy2
My Feedback: (13)

yeah matt im waitin for the LST to drop its price ..are they gonna come up with a LST kit like the savage ss ...no radio and servos maybe
Old 01-05-2005, 01:20 PM
binaryterror

ORIGINAL: badboy2

yeah matt im waitin for the LST to drop its price ..are they gonna come up with a LST kit like the savage ss ...no radio and servos maybe
Matt and my local hobby store seels it for like super cheap (their tag says "save $75", but I'm not sure their normal price is) and throws in a free temp guage now. Larry (owner) said they haven't been moving as fast as they were.
Old 01-07-2005, 11:39 AM
eworx
My Feedback: (12)

You are going to see allot of sales on nitro's due to the fact that there are not allot of in door track to run nitro's at. so sales drop off during the winter months.
Old 01-07-2005, 10:01 PM
Muswagon

Associated had some Ebay auctions with NIB MGT's, I bought mine for $300 plus shipping. I saw two more go for that price, however, they are not listing any trucks anymore, just a starter box.

Not sure if that was a sign for things to come, I honestly feel they will release some type of updated truck, most likely with a bigger engine.

I have to say I am very impressed with the MGT, I had no idea how high quality it was until it showed up. This alone has made me commit to buying the TTR S3 buggy, Thunder Tiger has really turned the corner, as the MGT and S3 are leaps and bounds ahead in quality and workmanship than the EB4 and EK4. My opinion of course.
Old 01-08-2005, 07:59 AM
Fast Guy

ORIGINAL: TNX

I have to say I am very impressed with the MGT, I had no idea how high quality it was until it showed up. This alone has made me commit to buying the TTR S3 buggy, Thunder Tiger has really turned the corner, as the MGT and S3 are leaps and bounds ahead in quality and workmanship than the EB4 and EK4. My opinion of course.
My feelings exactly. I'm looking at the TTR S3 also after racing a MGT all last season. My MGT never let me down. I think that AE also shares our admiration for Thunder Tiger.
Old 01-08-2005, 02:59 PM
ICrashThings

One thing the MGT is good at is staying clean. I was just outside in the rain going through puddles and for some odd reason, all the electonics are bone dry. [:-]everything is fine....i like this truck...
Old 01-08-2005, 04:25 PM
Muswagon

Thunder Tiger did in two years what most companies take a decade or never do, revolutionize the way they design and manufacture, well done. I tell my EK4 (which is basically an EB4 buggy), was crap compared to the S3 and MGT.
Old 01-09-2005, 01:14 AM
Saboteur10573

I got my MGT for $350 at my LHS. Hands down beat the price anywhere else. It was a store discount only because the prices had dropped for the Christmas season. I heard they are goin back up though. Great truck for a great price.