Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Tread Wear???

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2005, 08:53 PM
EMaxxer05

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tread Wear???

I did some "strenuous" driving on a blacktop down the street from me and I TORE UP the side-tread on my Maxx Mashers. I know these are not made for crete/blacktop/or pavement, but I figured it wouldn't hurt. YIKES!! Was I wrong. Anyone else had this happen to them? I could not believe the wear on them after 1 blaktop trip. The center tread didn't look worn at all, while the side-tread was missing chunks of rubber!!
Old 01-09-2005, 09:01 PM
DarkSavageX

Default RE: Tread Wear???

iv heard tne mashers sides arnt very strong. all the strengh seems to be just in the center.
Old 01-09-2005, 10:03 PM
EMaxxer05

Really? I've never heard that. Wish I'da known that before I purchased them. Oh well, hopefully they will serve me well until I switch again. I want to keep my Velocity 6's though. Anyone else heard "anything" about the Maxx Mashers???
Old 01-10-2005, 01:38 PM
fhm101

Proline tread is on the soft side which is great for hooking up in dirt, but as you learned the hard way, sucks for hard surfaces. I've seen bowties ruined by 5 minutes on asphalt. It's not a matter of being weak in one area and strong in another, it's the compound from which they are made. Even proline's "hard" compound is softer than most other brands. I've never owned a set, but every IMEX tire I've ever had in my hands was hard as a rock. From what i understand they last and last and last, even on hard surfaces.
Old 01-10-2005, 04:26 PM
EMaxxer05

Well these Proline's are an EXTREMELY soft compound. They hook up great on all surfaces though. I just hope they last me longer than a few runs. I wander if the Proline Road Rage tires tend to wear prematurely when driven hard on crete. I mean they are made for hard surfaces.
Old 01-11-2005, 12:47 PM
fhm101

I've never tried any on road tires from proline, but if they are as good as the off road tires they should be nice.