Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

WHAT NITRO TRUCK TO BUY

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2005, 10:58 PM
LAWB44

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WHAT NITRO TRUCK TO BUY

I POSTED THIS IN THE HPI FORUM BY MISTAKE AND FEARED I MAY GET ONLY SLANTED RESPONSES.
I AM GOING TO BUY A NITRO MONSTER TRUCK AND AM NOT SURE OF WHICH ONE TO BUY. I AM SOMEWHAT FAMILIAR WITH THE REVO AND THE SAVAGE AND LIKE BOTH BUT AM LEANING TOWARD THE SAVAGE BECAUSE OF THE BEEFY LOOKING COMPONENTS. I WANT A TRUCK THAT IS TUFF AS NAILS, PARTS READILY AVAILABLE AND NOT TO EXPENSIVE, AND ALSO GREAT PERFORMANCE. NOT ASKING MUCH RIGHT? IAM WILLING TO GIVE UP SPEED FOR LOW END PERFORMANCE AND TOUGHNESS. I WILL ALSO CONSIDER ANY OTHER BRANDS THAT FIT THE REQUIREMENTS BUT AM NOT FAMILIAR WITH MANY. ANY INPUT IS APPRECIATED
Old 01-22-2005, 11:03 PM
ThermalRD

Default RE: WHAT NITRO TRUCK TO BUY

OMG.... Turn off the CAPS LOCK!!!!
Old 01-22-2005, 11:15 PM
Nitro Rustler Racer

dude for reall turn of caps lock, but get the savage, what you just said the savage would be better
Old 01-22-2005, 11:24 PM
LAWB44

OMG..........LOTS AND LOTS OF HELP........THANKS DUDE......I HAVE VERY POOR EYESIGHT, SORRY TO ANNOY YOU!
Old 01-22-2005, 11:41 PM
Nitro Rustler Racer

dude, caps lock button is right next to A and above SHIFT and below TAB, push it[:@]
Old 01-23-2005, 12:22 AM
bkmademedoit

how do you plan on driving an r/c truck if you cant see your computer screen? if you were being sarcastic then i missed it.
Old 01-23-2005, 01:12 AM
SublimeJason
Banned

Go for an Losi LST, they had a few bugs but I hear there better now, I Have one and have had very few problems.
Old 01-23-2005, 01:46 AM
badboy2
My Feedback: (13)

id say get a savage wont even need to buy a lot of parts for it cuz its so tough maybe wheels cuz they will strip a lot ..and also caps lock button for ur keyboard
Old 01-23-2005, 03:41 AM
JNS

well the thing about the LST is it may cost more than others but it comes with a $200 radio setup, their tougher than a maxx and faster than a savage and they fly nice btw [8D] only real problem for me was gettin the box in the car ... a 1990 cavalier isnt the greatest car to get my r/cs around in lol
Old 01-23-2005, 05:14 AM
Vintage_Duff

well the thing about the LST is it may cost more than others but it comes with a $200 radio setup, their tougher than a maxx and faster than a savage and they fly nice btw only real problem for me was gettin the box in the car ... a 1990 cavalier isnt the greatest car to get my r/cs around in lol
any MT is tougher than a stock maxx and any MT is faster than a stock savvy, it isn't a big deal betting thoughs trucks in that catorgory

BTW im a savvy fan
Old 01-23-2005, 06:27 AM
Tnx_4_life

duratraxx warhead?
Old 01-23-2005, 10:01 AM
cfetter79

I've been having the same debate myself... and was leaning towards the Associated Monster GT. I like the starter (pull and hex for a drill). I don't really care about top end speed as this is going to be a basher anyways. It already has reverse (no module to buy and servo). But everyone is reccommending the savage. Has anyone driven both and can they tell me how the handling is on each? LST is a little out of my budget.
Old 01-23-2005, 10:52 AM
bajan_dread

lmao. you guys have me over here choking on food sometimes yea man the caps lock is something you shouldnt be afraid of we hear you and are here to help! it sounds like you've made up your mind before you even began your post, Im not going to tell you to buy a savage because I own one or to get the lst because I didnt buy one yet. so the best I can say is go with what feels good for your situation once you bring it home break her in, and where/ how you plan on running her should tell you exactly what youll need outta your monster truck.
Old 01-23-2005, 11:02 AM
bajan_dread

Im going to tell you the same advice I gave the other dude, but alittle extra... I too am thinking of getting a monster GT since you can get them for a fairly decent price currently like under $380, I just gotta remember where I saw it they had alot of getting rid of stock prices on their items. and I agree the dual starting options are cool especially when you run out the door forgetting to have a fully charged battery and you get pissed since you cant start up without the electric start. and the reverse module coming standard is cool like you said because sometimes I dont wanna chase my truck to pull it outta whateva I drove into (I usually send a kid). but never the less when they came out they sold out by me pretty quick so I decided to wait and see what else would come behind it in quality so I chose my savage but I still want the MGT.
Old 01-23-2005, 11:06 AM
cfetter79

anyone here order from www.ultimatehobbies.com?
Old 01-23-2005, 11:34 AM
waz1111

LST is the best, yet the most expensive. I'd get a savage ss.
Old 01-23-2005, 11:40 AM
Nitro Rustler Racer

ultimatehobbies has the MGT for the lowest price you can find, but like mentioned ^^^^^ go with what you think best, doesnt matter what truck you get, when you first hear her fire you will be happy[8D]
Old 01-23-2005, 03:42 PM
bajan_dread

thank for bringing ulimate hobbies up, the savage and the mgt are the same low price and if you purchase b4 the month is over its free shipping cant beat that deal at all!
Old 01-23-2005, 05:17 PM
Planebeach

Hi all, I am also thinking of a Monster Truck. I have now on my list 1: Team Losi LST, 2: Tamyia TNX, 3: Savage 25.

I dont know witch i will buy, but one of these it will be. Most likely it will be the LST.
Old 01-23-2005, 06:19 PM
Mako3

Get either a Savage or a LST but if the best thing to do is wait for the new savage ss 4.6 kit keep saving up ur money and buy tht than buy the JR XS3 or the JR XS3 Pro but if u got the JR XS3 just like the one tht comes with the LST you'll be getting a better truck with the same radio and everything for just $30 more hmm sounds like a deal to me. THTs probably wht my friends going to do but hes really leaning on the LST and my other friend and I have already shown him our cars I have a Savage .25 which he likes better than the revo because I let him drive it and he says it steers better but he doesnt like how its slower than the revo on road but he likes how its faster off road and more durable.

Hope this helps,
Mako3
Old 01-23-2005, 08:37 PM
tlhbirdie

Hello Everybody,
I am also looking to buy my first MT and after reading several post on several sites I was set on the Savage, but when I went to my lhs, I asked 4 different people there separately and all 4 said to buy the Revo because they said it was just as tough and had some better equipment out of the box. I.E. rechargeable batteries, two servos for steering, horizontal shocks which they said does not promote rolling over as much. My two brothers and myself are looking to each buy the exact same truck and just race each other not competitively. One of my brothers also says he likes the climbing aspect as well. The lhs has both MT's in stock so I don't think they were trying to just sell the Revo. Thanks
Old 01-23-2005, 09:04 PM
Rc LoCo Online

HONESTLY to the both of you RAPTOR email for details

[email protected]
Old 01-23-2005, 09:57 PM
brokenstuff

i just bought a savage and i love it i beat this thing all i could today and NOTHING broke

my buddys has an MGT and its always broke shocks shock tower raer tierod its just always broke

the drill start thing is nice on it but from previous experience a drill start could be a bad thing especially for a newbie
Old 01-24-2005, 12:15 AM
Mako3

no no no... the revo is not as strong as the savage my friend has had his revo for about 2 1/2 weeks and has already broken the electric start the part that connects to the glow plug, his front left dog bone, his front shock, bent his chassis, fowled two glow plugs (the engine did), and now he's drive shaft wont even work when he hits throttle the clutch and spur gear move but the drive train wont even budge. And I have had my Savage .25 for 7 months and have driven mine alot harder than he has driven his revo and havent broken anything.
Old 01-24-2005, 07:25 PM
Vintage_Duff

dont get a LST its just looks and radio, and if its runnin it will prob brake

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.