Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

HELP!! Titan twin or Genesis .46???

Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

HELP!! Titan twin or Genesis .46???

Old 01-24-2005, 07:42 PM
FastAxis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP!! Titan twin or Genesis .46???

I have been buidin cars for 3 years or so , i finally have saved enuff to buy a good quality truck i already have a radio(3pk) and need some advice as to wich truck will be best, i hit parking lots, dirt bmx/motocross tracks and my backyard with the same frequency so it just needs to be a good all around truck. i think both of these would fit the bill but i want some opinions from my fellow RCers, thanks guys
Old 01-24-2005, 08:39 PM
ThermalRD

Default RE: HELP!! Titan twin or Genesis .46???

Hmmm... Both have a sketchy reputation, but i'd take the Genesis over the Titan. I think CEN deserves some credit for going public with an announcement about their product, and taking care of it. Im also not really into the twin engines. Give the Genesis a shot if you are set on one of those two trucks.
Old 01-24-2005, 09:11 PM
binaryterror

I'd say both are crap

Neither does well in running, neither is supported well.

I'd go with just about anything else.
Old 01-24-2005, 09:19 PM
Sgt. Canada

I have a regular Titan. It dosn't have a great line of replacement parts, but they're out there. It is a VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY ..... tough truck. With aluminum shocks and a .25 engine, it's a great basher (not at all a good racer). The Genesis IMO, is really prone to breaking, because it's so heavy (I don't think it's a great racer) I don't know about the Titan Twin (I don't like the dual engine idea) but from my experience it should be pretty durable. So it's either durability (Titan) or "Saying You Have The Biggest 1/8th Scale Truck On The Market" (Genesis) I was looking into the Gensis also as a second truck, but the LST is better (if you want to add another truck to your list) IMHO. I just bought one a few days ago, should arrive TOMORROW!!!! The Genesis also takes ALOT of time to break in and it's parts are pretty costly.
Old 01-24-2005, 10:40 PM
Cal-Torque

But an X Factor is top shelf...
I have a Twin, and it's great for what it is...a novelty truck. If you want a shelf queen and have cash to burn, get it. If you want something very driveable, get an MGT or Savage.

ORIGINAL: binaryterror

I'd say both are crap

Old 01-25-2005, 03:45 AM
radamansx12
My Feedback: (13)

I have a Gen and and a regular Tiatan and I like the Gen better. I wouldn't put either on a track and expect to turn good lap times buth the Gen can take a beating. It had problems off the line but CEN has worked them out and there customer service is still the best I've dealt with. IMO the Gen.
Old 01-25-2005, 03:48 AM
radamansx12
My Feedback: (13)

The Gen has more hop up support as well.
Old 01-25-2005, 12:06 PM
FastAxis

thank guys this is givin me some doubts and maybe thats a good thing? i want somethin reliable but it does have to be kinda fast and apparently the titan is definitely not it. maybe the genesis or maybe i should look in another direction , the LST looks sweet and i love my xxx-nt-A.D.E. maybe i should just stick to a company i trust????
Old 01-25-2005, 12:18 PM
speedfreak1234

what about the savage thats probs the most durable truck out there. It also has great aftermarket support and now you can get the savage .28.

ive got many hours of fun out of my savage i vant wait till the whether warms up again.
Old 01-25-2005, 12:52 PM
waz1111

If I where you it'd be between an LST or Savage 4.6 SS. I'm going with the Savage myself, it doesn't come rtrt, its a kit which will be good for you as you have a radio. LST comes with a very good radio and is a very good car but I don't think that it will be able to beat the Savage .28, especially since the Savage will be about $150-200 cheaper than the LST currently is.

BTW New savage should be released within 2 weeks.

Thanks
Old 01-25-2005, 06:51 PM
DisturbedEarth

I have a Genesis and I love it...it is big, bad and fast with sick power.... the twin engine is novel but not dependable....or you could be just like everyone else in the world and get a savage...they are like elbows and Ford Mustangs....everybody has one.

DE
Old 01-26-2005, 10:50 AM
AdzG

In my opinion, based on my own experience - I would buy a Losi LST.

I regularly go bashing with a few of my friends, our group of MTs comprises of a LST (my baby!), a Savage SS, a Savage 25, and a Revo.

We always give our trucks a severe beating, breakages are common. The Revo always (no kidding) breaks a lower arm or a shock end, it does have a very reliable engine though. The Savages can take a hell of a beating, common breakages usually involve overheating engines, broken steering, bent shocks. Dont get me wrong, the Savage is a good truck.

Now on to my pride and joy, the LST.

With my truck being the fastest, it usually takes bigger air and performs more spectacular crashes than the rest. I have really abused my LST in the 4+ months I have owned it, IT JUST WONT DIE!!!

If you do decide to get an LST, I recommend you buy 2 aluminum diff cases for when the plastic ones break (cos they will sooner or later) and a secondary gear cover to keep stones from wrecking your spur gears. New Era Models do a nice rollbar for if like me you are crap at jumping, finally as with any nitro truck I would recommend buying a rechargeable stick pack for your receiver.

Just my opinion, hope its informative.

Adz.
Old 01-26-2005, 08:17 PM
Groundforce-RCU
My Feedback: (20)

ORIGINAL: binaryterror

I'd say both are crap

Is this from personal experience? The LHS here supports both these trucks, A arms, diffs, ect. I dunno maybe im just lucky They also told me if I have any issues with the Genesis, theyd take care of it, no need to send it to the Dealer...Now thats support.
Not trying to flame, just curious
Old 01-27-2005, 12:39 AM
eternaldragon

i have a genesis (2nd batch) and it's lots of fun and lots of power. curb climbing is a lot of fun lol (no rocks). you can get wheelie's out of it by just pulling the trigger tell it stops (if you have the center lock-block installed).

genesis.
big engine lots of power
big wheels and tires
aluminum diff cases with 4x spider gear set up
3-speed transmission with reverse

genesis.
dislikes:
to heavy (like a brick)
braking (kind of scary at hi-speeds)
stock radio gear (to twitchy)