Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Which one?

Old 02-09-2005, 07:09 PM
kevlarcoatedtent

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which one?

Im new to RC im about to buy my first one and i had originally been thinking about a Revo but i found a Losi LST on trademe (NZ equivilant of eBay) for about the same price and im wondering if it would be suitable for a beginner or would i be better off just getting a Revo? I havent really done any RC car stuff and im looking at just using the car for fun, not racing at this point.
Old 02-09-2005, 07:20 PM
proxpilot
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: Which one?

i had a LST for my second truck, well you might as well say it was my first cuz i had about a half gallon run through my first! the LST is a great all around truck the motor has great power, comes with an awesome radio, it's easy to work on also. the REVO looks like it will be a lil more complicated i personnally suggest you should get the LST or the Associated Monster GT(thunder tiger MTA4) that is probably a lil better truck for a begginner and is what i have now. it's has a pretty powerfull .21 also easy to work on, easy to use radio than the LST, it also has a ton of Hop ups you can do to it, handles alot like the LST also. i recommend eithe the LST or a Monster GT.
Old 02-09-2005, 07:34 PM
DarkSavageX

i would try the revo. it looks really good
Old 02-09-2005, 08:46 PM
brokenstuff

of your choices for my first monster i would choose the lst

because when you catch the bug and want another one you can buy a kit (w/o radio gear) buy an fm receiver compatable with the lst's radio gear and be ready to go

the lst comes with a 10 model memory computerized radio
Old 02-09-2005, 09:50 PM
kevlarcoatedtent

If i get the Losi LST what extra parts would you advise buying, im not into spending hundreds of dollars extra but just replacing the stuff that is likley to break and which is a good fail safe to use?
Old 02-10-2005, 06:57 AM
proxpilot
My Feedback: (3)

i use the ofna micro failsafe. for spare parts id just get tha basics, spare spur gear, couple extra drive shafts, some a-arms. it's good to have extra stuff alls it takes is one bad landing and you will need it. when i had mine i went and bought almost a whole extra truck just in case. I HATE DOWN TIME. buy a good hump pack too!