RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

MGT or LST for Racing.

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2005, 10:12 AM
Grndzer
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MGT or LST for Racing.

MGT owners and LST owners you might offer me some advice on witch of these trucks to purchase. Price is not the issue, because I realize the LST comes with a kick ass radio. The truck will be adult owned and will be raced.

So tuning and handling is my top priority here.
Old 02-10-2005, 11:02 AM
ThermalRD

Default RE: MGT or LST for Racing.

They are both great trucks. I think the LST offers a better race platform, and just simply more features. Both are good choices, but i would go for the LST.
Old 02-10-2005, 11:16 AM
Grndzer

From what I am finding on this site the MGT is easy to work on but is slower than the LST on top end as much as 5 mph. I assume this is a gearing issue sense they both use same size motors.
Old 02-10-2005, 12:06 PM
HoldDaMayo
My Feedback: (1)

I think both trucks would be a great choice, however, i think value comes into play, if you plan on using your own radio equipment, get the MGT, if you plan on using the equipment that comes with the truck, get the LST. The MGT is the easiest truck to work on, cleaning it and maintaining it is completely hassle free. The MGT needs an engine upgrade to really shine, spend a little over a hundred bucks, get a Mach .26 and drop it in and you'll be spanking LST's in no time
Old 02-10-2005, 12:19 PM
Grndzer

.26 is a direct swap? Just drop it in? This is a hard choice I have always been a huge Associated Fan and still am. Wonder why the MGT has such a weak motor?
Old 02-10-2005, 12:28 PM
HoldDaMayo

the mach.26 is a direct swap in, i did it two weeks after i got my MGT, i had to because my friends TNX was wiping the floor with me... with the mach.26 and gearing the top speed in the mid 40's (46t spur, 16t CB), i can wheelie from a stop at will... the mach .26 transformed my balanced, predictable, and very durable truck into a balanced, predictable, very durable, SPEED MACHINE! [X(]
Old 02-10-2005, 03:05 PM
ICrashThings

I would say either one, you cant go wrong.
Old 02-10-2005, 05:16 PM
fourwheeler

I got both and I love them both. Either one is good.
Old 02-10-2005, 06:24 PM
IslandSavage

I put a XTM 24.7 PRO in my MGT and it hauls...im looking to go even further and put a WASP .28 in it... But with the XTM it Pulls away from REVOS(40MPH) on straights. Very durable and tough truck... Do the FOC and put Red springs around.. Also look into titanium turn buckles to make it more durable...... And as for working/maintaining it... AWSOME/EASY!!!!!!!

p.s.- If you gonna upgrade the engine(you should) make sure you get the Proline Hex Adapters.. My XTM shredded the hex's on my Big Joes....
Old 02-10-2005, 06:32 PM
IslandSavage

Plus the LST weights more and already cmes with a RADIO i have[].. Great truck though.. I was surprised it weighed more than the MGT..!!! Everyones always talking about how the MGT weighs so much....LST needs a deit too... Either way you'll have a great time
Old 02-10-2005, 07:47 PM
Pinolelst

ORIGINAL: IslandSavage

Plus the LST weights more and already cmes with a RADIO i have[].. Great truck though.. I was surprised it weighed more than the MGT..!!! Everyones always talking about how the MGT weighs so much....LST needs a deit too... Either way you'll have a great time

I truly dislike the trend in RTR's that forces you to collect standard rtr fare radios like postage stamps or sell them for pennies on e ba y.I wish the manufacturers would offer kit versions of every vehicle they make but they won't because how else are they going to sell all those cheap radios ?? [:@]

BTW What does an MGT weigh?? I've been lusting after one for awhile but have to finish my LST climber first.TIA

Peace [8D]
Old 02-10-2005, 07:59 PM
IslandSavage

MGT =12lbs stock
LST =13lbs stock

i wish all companies made KITS..That way its cheaper to upgrade and easier to put the parts you want in on install.
Old 02-10-2005, 07:59 PM
Takedown
My Feedback: (23)

Go with the LST its an awsome and very fast truck!!
Old 02-11-2005, 02:18 AM
ellisracing

please post pics of your MGT in race trim, Im also thinking of getting on for racing, thanks
Old 02-11-2005, 03:15 AM
JNS

i dont remember where the hell i heard it , if its true there may be a LST pro on the way late this year but rumors are rumors same type of thing as the Mini-T pro a bit of upgrades, same price and no radio ... if one does come out i may get a 2nd LST hehe but i wouldnt put too much thought into the prospects of a limited production MTs spinoff
Old 02-11-2005, 09:04 AM
IslandSavage

If they made a kit I would buy one... I already have all the radio stuff, and I always replace the engines in my RTR's....it would save me money....
Old 02-11-2005, 01:05 PM
tzque

I would get the LST . My brother has one and I bash with him all the time.
It is just a better value . The radio is a given . The high/low option is good a well . I fianlly really bashed my MGT and I was impressed . The truck is just underpowered out of the box . Get the LST
Old 02-11-2005, 02:33 PM
Grndzer

Sounds like some good advice guys. It is hard to decide. I like the MGT but the cost is adding up.

truck 399.99

.28 motor 169.00

and replacing the crap radio with a JR XS3 199.99.

That is more than a LST. Now I realize I don't need to replace the .21 that is in it but there are a few savage's that I know of and I just cant be beat because of lack of power

I will keep thinking, I have never owned a LOSI but there is a first time for every thing.
Old 02-11-2005, 04:22 PM
car mad

i had a race with my mate and he has a mgt but my lst surley was the bussines that night it has beter exceleration and higher top end and this is not as noisy as mgt i would definatly go for that but if are not sure look at the cen genesis as my lst broke and took it back and went and got cen genesis 3 gears and a big 46 engine this is beter than the lst and mgt so go for cen genesis
Old 02-13-2005, 10:56 AM
tocache

Go for the LST, better radio and superb engine
Old 02-13-2005, 02:21 PM
car mad

have a look at the genesis it is very good
Old 02-13-2005, 02:54 PM
breakin2

I would NEVER recommend the Genesis for racing.

You can get the MGT for pretty cheap on Ebay and such. I'd go with that.
Old 02-14-2005, 04:32 PM
car mad

the engine on the lst int all what it is cracked up to be
Old 02-14-2005, 07:38 PM
JNS

only if you dont know how to tune... and never perform any maintenence on it... then yeah... the engine'd suck... so would the MGTs -_-
Old 02-14-2005, 10:08 PM
fhm101

ORIGINAL: Grndzer

MGT owners and LST owners you might offer me some advice on witch of these trucks to purchase. Price is not the issue, because I realize the LST comes with a kick ass radio. The truck will be adult owned and will be raced.

So tuning and handling is my top priority here.
If you are looking to race in the "stock" MT class, forget either of the trucks you mentioned unless you want to spend a ton and still have your butt handed to you by a revo. Not trying to start anything here at all, just stating what i've seen at every race I've been to in the last several months. A revo has won every stock class MT race i've seen in that time, and has won more than it's fair share of unlimited class races as well. last weekend we held our annual indoor race and MT is not divided by class, it's simply pro or sportsman MT. The top 3 in pro were revos and the first and second place winners in sportsman were also revos. Both of these classes were a well balanced mix of small and big block MT's as well as truggy conversions and the new hot bodies lightning trucks on a super fast track that favored horsepower. The .18 revos were kicking everyone else's butt folks. At this time there is no better racing MT available. You can say what you want about whatever other truck you want, but no other platform is winning like the revo. There may be a real fast guy in your neck of the woods with an MGT or LST or LSP or truggy, but keep in mind that fast guys are that way because of driving skills and can make most anything look good. For the average guy looking to hedge his bets in MT racing, the revo is the truck to have.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.