Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Mesh?

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2005, 03:36 PM
Salty0790

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mesh?

ok, im gonna feel really stupid for asking this, but what is mesh? i hear people saying "if you have the right mesh on your spur...I DONT GET IT. someone please inform me.
Old 02-10-2005, 04:11 PM
thumpin15s

Default RE: Mesh?

"mesh" is referring to the two gears touching. Meshing is when you put the teeth of the two gears together. If you have a bad "mesh", you can chew up the gears. Too tight can break off teeth, and make it slower/have too much strain, too far apart and it can slip and tear the gears apart.
Old 02-10-2005, 05:36 PM
cardriverx

Default RE: Mesh?

^^yep, and by spur they mean the mesh between the clutch bell(the gear on the motor) and the spur gear(the gear that is connected to the truck that the motor spins to make the truck move) to get the right mesh, you take a peice of paper, put it in between the spur and bell gears, lightley press the gears together, and tighten down the motor mount.