Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

My new Lightning Stadium RR parts/bash truck *PICS*

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

My new Lightning Stadium RR parts/bash truck *PICS*

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2005, 09:23 PM
crazychris7

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My new Lightning Stadium RR parts/bash truck *PICS*

parts for the Lightning stadium are a little hard to come by, so I bought myself a play/parts truck I have proline yellow max dish wheels and bowties in the mail, so that will really set this truck... Ill get some pro and rtr side by side pics when im at the track, the pro is currently in pieces getting cleaned/checking for any damage... I recomend this truck to everyone... break in is really easy, drives almost like a damn on road car at the track... smooth and planted.... We went out and gave some buggys hell today at the track... they decided to put them away before they got too embarassed by a truggy...

Chris
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig12326.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	82.2 KB
ID:	229532   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rm37082.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	63.9 KB
ID:	229533   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ch95666.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	79.2 KB
ID:	229534   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rl25451.jpg
Size:	78.4 KB
ID:	229535  
Old 02-16-2005, 10:47 AM
bib

Default RE: My new Lightning Stadium RR parts/bash truck *PICS*

Did you pick up the truck new or used?
And are you still running the stock engine in your PRO? I have the RR and love it, thinking about bumping the engine up though soon, not sure what I want to get yet though.
Old 02-16-2005, 11:39 AM
crazychris7

Its all stock, bought it off the shelf new at the LHS. Both trucks are running the stock 26, seems to have enought power to rip up my local track and put those buggys to shame. I'll be getting JP-1 pipes for both of them and when one craps out ill have a peak racing 28 ordered to swap into the pro so ill have more power so i could start lapping the buggies (came close a few times). The peak is only 180 so its a good deal and its a direct drop in. I love these trucks... tires are great for my local track... but they wear out too damn fast!

Chris
Old 02-16-2005, 03:39 PM
sjm
My Feedback: (8)

I have the RR and I just put a Wasp .28 that is modified and a Ofna 086 pipe on it. It is still breakin in but what a difference!!!
Old 02-17-2005, 08:00 PM
crazychris7

Bowties and yellow dish wheels came in.. WHAT A NICE TRUCK! The proline yellow matches the yellow on the truck PERFECTLY (i wonder why they put white wheels on if yellow matched and looks SOOOO GOOD!) IT looks like a totally different truck with the bowties on, theyre a lil wider and will hook this truck really good on my local track. The stockers were real good with a dry track, but i wore them halfway down with 4 tanks of fuel.. i guess theyre the street tires now hahaha well heres the pics, hope you guys enjoy!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig11022.jpg
Size:	74.5 KB
ID:	230797   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pk30432.jpg
Size:	47.3 KB
ID:	230798   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yd83490.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	51.1 KB
ID:	230799  
Old 02-17-2005, 08:22 PM
Balact Man
My Feedback: (6)

THATS ONE SWEET LOOKING T-R-U-G-G-Y....................AND THE WHEELS SET THAT B!+@# RIGHT OFF!! YOU GO BOY[>:]
Old 02-17-2005, 10:10 PM
sjm

Looks good !! I may have to get some of those.... I am anxious to hear how you like the handling with those new tires
Old 02-17-2005, 10:28 PM
crazychris7

Well theyre proline bowties... so the handling will be great. my stadium maxx handled like a diff truck when i put the bowties on it, they make a bif diff on the right track. I can't stop staring at the truck, the stock white rims and tries dont set the truck out that much.. looks kinda craptastic to me, so i knew they were the first to go. I also have my pro with 23 mm hexes on the 40 series and bowties as well... great looking truck, but its not gonna get out to play much this weekend, the rr gets to go out and play with those maxxes, revos and MGT's that are in the outlaw class (they all get in my way motrew than anything) the only big challenger i have is my friend with a Kyosho 7.5 truggy with a P5... that somebeach is ****in fast! so we're gonna be swapping paint all night... Also, the stock "high torque" steering servo blew in it, all the teeth off the middle sprocket tore off after bumping the pipe a few times... Other than different tires for sure and experimenting with different diff/shock oils, the steering servo really needs to be swapped. I used a HiTec HS645MG ultra torque metal gear servo... works great and will be plenty for this truck. Man, I cant say this enough.. I LOVE THESE TRUCKS! hotbodies deffinately did a good job on them. As for models, the pro is nice, but the RR looks and handles a little better... just swap in a 3 puck clutch and you'll have a darn good truck for a relatively reasonable price... Ill have a side by side comparison this weekend, ill have the pro and rr at the track and let you guys see up close how the beefy brother (pro) is like next to his nasty little twin (RR)... Its gonna be hard to decide which one will race on the weekend... somebody wanna help me and drive the one i dont run so one of em doesnt get jealous?

Chris
Old 02-18-2005, 12:18 AM
Balact Man

questions? what does the ride height look in action. i mean does it ever bottom out or ride so low in the rear it basically is dragging itself around the track which inturn allows for the good handling. i'm asking these questions because i to really, REALLY, want one and i don't want to be disappointed like i was when i purchased the Ofna Domanatior.
Old 02-18-2005, 01:02 AM
sjm

Yeah I am in love with mine too! I put a Hitec 5625 in the steering and put the stock steering servo on the throttle. I also put a 5 cell pack in so I have more volts. I cannot believe how fast you can run through the turns with these. We run on carpet in a golf dome up here in the winter and I can run around the perimeter wide open. With the Wasp .28 I have to lift just a touch. I can't wait to get it on the dirt
Old 02-18-2005, 01:14 AM
crazychris7

I run with a 5 cell hump pack as well, makes it run a lil better. As for ride height, the front comes a little lower out of the box, drop a preload spacer in there so its a little taller than the back, makes it handle a little better on power. Also with a rough track, bumpy straights can make the back bounce around a little, but if you experiment with shock oils it will make that all go away. Balact man... cmon down and ill let you run the truck around.. you'll love it to death and want to throw it in yor car when im not looking... haha crap... id do it... You'll love this truck so much you wont drive anything else... get one.. you wont be dissapointed at all.

Chris
Old 02-18-2005, 08:35 AM
Balact Man

you guys have me SOLD!!!!! Man thats one sweet looking truggy and from the sounds of it, its one of the most stable truck(or)buggy on the market todate. Gotta have one i can call my own[sm=tired.gif]
Old 02-18-2005, 01:33 PM
crazychris7

sjm... or wnayone who will be running maxx bowties on their stadium... the steering linkage/toe adjustment links on the front will rub the tires at full lock. I noticed today that the ribs on the sidewals of the tires rub the plastic end so I'll have to come up with a solution, prolly just dremel them out a little bit or something... just letting you guys know... But i had it at the track today and its hooked up 5x better than before! Also, I have the 40 series bowties on my pro, and maxx sized on my RR. Personally I like the handling of theRR because it has a larger sidewall and just feels a little bit better than the 40 series. Plus having some big ol fat tires makes that truck just look plain mean while the 40s make the pro look more "baller" with the alluminum arms and such.

Chris
Old 02-18-2005, 02:11 PM
2DMaxLST!!

These turned out to be a little too big...

j/k
Old 02-18-2005, 02:29 PM
crazychris7

2Dmaxx... thats exactly how mine looks... makes the truck look and handle alot better tho. San antonio huh? comin down to harlingen in the end of april for the roar gas nats? my local track is hosting em... Sweet pro, it looks real nice... Our track is going to be closed for a few weeks getting redone so i might go up and see what kind of trouble i can make at some other tracks... where do you guys race at?

Chris
Old 02-18-2005, 02:45 PM
2DMaxLST!!

The only dirt track here in SA is at Toys4BigBoys. I have not driven the LSP on the track yet but I can only imagine what it will do.

Here is a picture of the track, it is nice and big.

Old 02-18-2005, 03:10 PM
crazychris7

that track looks like fun... might have to run up there and race with you guys sometime. When do they normally race? We race on sats starting at 1pm till bout 8pm for 1/8 buggy, gas truck, MT, exc then we all mostly stay out there and run our stuff till it either breaks so bad you cant fix it at the track, run out of fuel or just get too tired. The land we have the track is on is owned by the city (we rent it for $1 a year, all the free dirt, water, exc we want) So we pay $30 ROAR membership to cover the insurance and we have a track we can go to 24 hrs/365 days a year (unless we're rebuilding the track) So if you wake up at 3 in the morning, cant sleep, and want to run your rc's, you load up and hit the track. We have all kinds of lights n all... its a really sweet deal for $30 a year! Ill get some pics of the track this weekend, its a pretty good size, not too big, but its what we all call home! I'll let ya know when i plan on going up to SA, maybe tag team that track and show all those guys what these "spiders" can do

Chris
Old 02-18-2005, 04:25 PM
Balact Man

ORIGINAL: 2DMaxLST!!

These turned out to be a little too big...

j/k
after seeing this pic i have decided i want one. i went out and brought the Feb 2005 R/C Car mag and guess whats on the cover? you guessed it the Baddest TRUGGY on the planet. Hot Bodies Lighting RR, man this ride is sooooo cool. my wife has allowed me funds (plus 3 months of my own allowance) for the MT-5 but the MT-5 is just going to have to wait................
Old 02-18-2005, 04:54 PM
crazychris7

Balat... nice choice bro, you wont regret it! For mods out of the box, wheels and tires of course will make this truck alot better, get yourself a HiTec 645MG steering servo and dont even waste your time with the stock plastic one, its not the greatest. Also, get yourself a good Glow ignitor if you dont already have one, the one they give you is craptasticly junk. Also a reciever pack will wake the responce and drive time up alot more. I also threw on a fuel filter just for fun. Overall, thats all ive done to my rr and its a beast on the track, and most of the buggies move out of my way when im practicing. The diff between the pro and rr arent really too much (cnc milled knuckles instead of formed, 3 puck clutch instead of 2 puck, alum arms, a lil bit larger shock shafts, and a stronger diff) but its worth the extra 60 if youre going to be racing only with this truck. For 60 its a great deal for that, but theyre hard to find right now and the blue/yellow combo ive got looks real good... but if youre going to drop 20 on a glow ignitor, 15 on a stick pack, 25 for a reciever pack, 45 for the servo, and about 80 for wheels/tires, the rr will get you in for $60 less, and you wont have to wait long... (i hate waiting) The pro is great and all, but the rr just seems to be a better deal to me and a better track truck to me... and i own both.. Well good luck and hope your "spider" is good to you

Chris
Old 02-18-2005, 05:26 PM
Balact Man

....thanks for all the info. most appreciated.........
Old 02-18-2005, 05:37 PM
crazychris7

No prob bro, anytime...

Chris
Old 02-18-2005, 06:51 PM
2DMaxLST!!

ORIGINAL: crazychris7

that track looks like fun... might have to run up there and race with you guys sometime. When do they normally race? We race on sats starting at 1pm till bout 8pm for 1/8 buggy, gas truck, MT, exc then we all mostly stay out there and run our stuff till it either breaks so bad you cant fix it at the track, run out of fuel or just get too tired. The land we have the track is on is owned by the city (we rent it for $1 a year, all the free dirt, water, exc we want) So we pay $30 ROAR membership to cover the insurance and we have a track we can go to 24 hrs/365 days a year (unless we're rebuilding the track) So if you wake up at 3 in the morning, cant sleep, and want to run your rc's, you load up and hit the track. We have all kinds of lights n all... its a really sweet deal for $30 a year! Ill get some pics of the track this weekend, its a pretty good size, not too big, but its what we all call home! I'll let ya know when i plan on going up to SA, maybe tag team that track and show all those guys what these "spiders" can do

Chris

It is Saturday racing here also. In the summer time we have Wednesday's also. The shop is right next to the track which is handy and you pay 5 bucks to practice. I like you City owned track, that would be nice...... We need more tracks!!