Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

HELP-WHAT BREAKS ON A GS SUT ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2005, 06:35 PM
RC RAC3R

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP-WHAT BREAKS ON A GS SUT ?

What parts will break on the GS Racing SUT ?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nk27974.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	22.0 KB
ID:	230762   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zu66619.jpg
Size:	33.1 KB
ID:	230763   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ch96105.jpg
Size:	58.8 KB
ID:	230764  
Old 02-17-2005, 09:44 PM
motoxer52

Default RE: HELP-WHAT BREAKS ON A GS SUT ?

i own one for over a year now and the only things i broke where 1 front arm. the rear of the chassis(hit a mail box at 10 mph)bent font shock tower, 1 front knuckle,and rear dogbone. thats it but ive only put like a gallon thru it since new(including break in).
I have been happy with it so far
Old 02-18-2005, 02:15 PM
RC RAC3R

k thanks.. i just want to buy some parts, cause im gonna do some racing this season.. i want to have spare parts, so one crash doesnt put me outta the race...

thanks
Old 02-18-2005, 07:56 PM
RC RAC3R

GUYS, even if you dont have this truck..LOOK AT THE PICS, and GIVE ME INFO ABOUT WHAT YOU MAY THINK MIGHT BREAK.. thanks..
Old 02-18-2005, 08:34 PM
hybridstone

I have a sut PRO kit and it's really strong I race with it (rough track)and since i upgraded the front shock to medium bodies like the gs team drivers use I have yet to brake anything. before I used to brake front lower a arms. check out www.remotecontrolhobby.com look for storm tomahawk suspention kit it's awesome!
Old 02-19-2005, 06:36 PM
RC RAC3R

kool.. thanks.. any other parts guys ?
Old 02-19-2005, 06:43 PM
RC RAC3R

I dont think i want to pay $250 US for that, cause i also gotta buy some 8th scale buggy parts 2.. but im gonan keep it in mind.. thanks
Old 02-19-2005, 06:50 PM
cemeb4dk

When I had mine (SUT Pro), This is what broke often. That is why I sold it

Front lower and upper arms
Rear hub carriers
My bud and I also had alot of CVD issues. So if you have those I would get a few extra just to be safe.
Get some heavier grade screws that botl down the arms hinge pin holders. I think they are like 4x25mm. These take alot of stress and the stock ones will break often.

I have also seen alot of rtr chassis rip and the holes that hold down the arm holders. So you may want to see if you can get a pro chassis.

I hope this helps and it works better for you than it did for me and some guys in my RC club. Just not real durable of a vehicle in my opinion
Old 02-20-2005, 08:43 PM
hybridstone

I DISAGREE THIS TRUCK IS AWESOME you need to do a couple of things upgrade the screws to high grade steel (a-arm screws) also ad hinge pin braces this fixes the problem 100%or get a fironi chassis. NEXT thing is front shocks YOU NEED! medium bodies not small (BUGGY) but MEDIUM they are the cure!! with the large shocks like the rear one's UP FRONT your truck can't bottom out RIGHT then all the stress that the chassis is supposed to take get's transfered to the A_ARMS/towers ect..Since changing over I have yet to brake a single thing (8-45min a-mains)the truck is solid.just cause someone say's they had bad luck with it does not mean the truck is weak it;s because they didn't know how to set it up right.for more info on set up go to www.gsracing.com look at garens set up plus gs is coming out real soon with a bunch of new sut hop up ie;x-tended chassis loger arms and more.this is the truck to have!LONG LIVE THE SUT
Old 02-21-2005, 01:40 AM
cemeb4dk

JUst like you said, its everyones opinions. I had the pro version so it came with HD chassis braces, I also built it with a hex screw kit. It was set up right also. The truck did not suit my driving style. By no means was I bashing the truck. It just wasn't for me.

The post asks what breaks on the SUT. So this is what I listed I didn't get into to set up, etc. He asked a question so I answered it based on my experience with the truck not across the board
Old 02-21-2005, 06:38 PM
RC RAC3R

thanks.. i want to get a hex screw kit cause the philips strip way too easily.. i have been bashing it for a while.. nothing broke.. i ordered about $80 worth of parts that you guys recommended.. so thatnks a lot guys.. i appreciate it..

but yeah.. so far it is rock solid.. bashing and stuff.. what engine you guys running in the pro ? i am looking at a RG.21 .. OS.. worth it ?