Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Only Owners of the Trucks PLEASE !!!!!!!!!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Only Owners of the Trucks PLEASE !!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2005, 03:13 AM
platnumjr1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Only Owners of the Trucks PLEASE !!!!!!!!!

I own the LST and now the MGT. I was looking over a couple videos from RCpics.net and I want to know about stock trucks only. Which truck was designed the best.

I would like to hear from owners of the different trucks. When you reply please state the truck that you own. I can speak about the MGT and the LST, because I know own them.

I want to know about stock trucks, not modified trucks, right out of the box which one performs better.

I am aware of the difference between the engines and weight and all, but the makers of the trucks new the competition out there when designed it. Obviously if you are running a kit version of a truck then you can comment but, i want to hear about the RTR mainly.

Please rate this features.. 1-10 - > 1 is bad - 10 being the great. Can you please give a short reason why? 1 Line

Agility:
a) durability of the stock parts included in the kit:
b) design truck overall
c) what you would have like to see included in the RTR kit:

chassis Roll:
a) ability for stock shocks to control trucks roll
b) reaction to bumps

adjustment (ability to customize setup without option parts):

included electronics:

engine power:

stopping power:

Pipe:

Protection:

COST!!!!!!!!!!!:

Add your own if you feel it is relevant and I missed it.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mj24483.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	97.7 KB
ID:	232383  
Old 02-21-2005, 09:01 AM
Salty0790

Default RE: Only Owners of the Trucks PLEASE !!!!!!!!!

and THAT, my friends, is where rc cars come from. (picture he posted^^)
Old 02-21-2005, 09:41 AM
Frost_
My Feedback: (1)

ya mean minis...
Old 02-21-2005, 11:32 AM
Pinolelst

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/New_...2218401/tm.htm
Old 02-21-2005, 07:51 PM
RC2DAMAXX

i own an mgt i like it a lot
Agility: its agile for a truck its size, but not so much with stock tires
a) great so far, ive had a few roll overs and ran into some parking blocks, nothing broke bent cracked or squeaking
b) very good, easy to work on, very sturdy chassis, easy to get used to
c) a glow igniter and a fuel bottle, i had both of these but if you were a newbie youd have to buy these

chassis Roll: quite a bit with the stock springs because they are a bit soft
a) the shocks are fine but the springs are way too soft stock, you three wheel like crazy and it is just too soft for high speed pavement racing
b) perfect in stock form, will roll over anythings and you would never notice a bump due to the springs being soft
adjustment: fairly well i guess, ive only noticed about 4 diff spring stiffnesses, other than that im not really sure i know there are a few options parts out there like steering kits, chassis, suspension parts, gear sets, shock towers, etc.

included electronics: just fine, the steering servo has enough torque to turn the tires with the wheels on pavement, all the servos seem just fine, the only thing is the reverse button on the receiver is very easy to press if your not careful and can engage reverse at speed, but once you get used to it, its fine

engine power: good, but after a while will leave something to be desired, it can pull wheelies occasionally and can push the truck around with ease, mine seemed to go through glow plugs like crazy, 4 glowplugs in about 14 tanks

stopping power: could be better but will stop the truck fairly quick, but if your going top speed and you see something your werent expecting more than likely you are going to hit it, it does not stop on a dime, but it does slow down well for its size

Pipe: alright i guess, its not much of a pipe at all, its horribly loud, and once you change to a good tuned pipe, the engine will richen way way up which tells me the pipe was not very good, the pipe is propably the worst thing on the truck but it does not take performance away from the engine, its just annoying

Protection: protection do you mean like internal parts (radio equip, engine head, and tranny?) if it is there is a roll bar in the center which will save the engine and stuff most of the time in a slow roll over, if you flip going fast more than likely you are gonna bend that bar and hit stuff, with the body on i dont think you are gonna hurt anything because the radio stuff is in their own boxes and pretty secure

COST!!!!!!!!!!!: i payed $369 for mine, which to me is too little for this truck, though ive seen them for $519 and i would not pay that for this, this truck is awesome, and i liek it alot, big, lots of suspension travel, off road handling is flawless, sturdy, and is a great basher, it would handle much better if it had some stuffer springs and smaller tires, the stock tires roll over a lot and will give the impression the truck is going to flip, change the tires and you can drive in twice as hard. I wouldn't trade my mgt for another truck
Old 02-21-2005, 10:14 PM
platnumjr1

Thanks for the link, some useful info on it. The reason I put owners only, cause I really want to hear what people who owned the various trucks had to say about it. Have you ever read a review for something and then went out to get it, and for some strange reason its not what you thought, or worse why they had you believe? I am not saying that i hate them, but i just want to know if everyones expectations where met ?

The picture that i posted was of the trucks eating dinner (charging the battery packs). That is how they like to charge, being husband and wife. that was corny but these things take up room, so its easier for me to just conserve space and stack them.

RC2DAMAXX, thanks for your post. I feel the same way after running it. I took it out today and the MGT seemed to be dainty, for a lack of a better word. If you are giving it power on a turn, the wheels dont want to stay on the floor. I am playing with differnt shock setups now. One of the options that it should have is a Sway bar kit.

When I said protection, I meant, the way they designed everything, I love how everthing with the MGT is in a case someplace. The servo cover for the steering was a good touch for the truck. I put silicone in there to waterproof the servos. I was taking them out in the snow today. I also did the servo cases, where ever there was the potential for water to get in. Thanks again for your post.

Anymore people want to comment on their Stock Trucks ? I will post my review of the two trucks later, its been a ruff day ! ! ! ! ! !