My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Hot Bodies M/T

[sm=spinnyeyes.gif] ohh my!
Old 02-23-2005, 10:33 AM
ThermalRD

LOL! Thats crazy. Bet it would be fun on a track though.
Old 02-23-2005, 11:58 AM
infernalstone

I'm curious as to when someone's going to just make a 2 cylinder truck engine
Old 02-23-2005, 12:29 PM
bib

Pretty sweet looking - does anyone else have any of the other two engine trucks? Just curious on thier input regarding them I know for me one engine is enough to handle and try to tune!
Old 02-23-2005, 02:26 PM
RC RAC3R

HOT BODIES over prices every vehicle..[sm=spinnyeyes.gif].. $$$$ the vehicles are cool.. but too expensive..
Old 02-23-2005, 02:26 PM
crazychris7

Ahh, the GTX2... Ive been wondering when Hot Bodies was going to put that out for the public to see... Well Its dual .26's which are pretty good motors out of the box, 2 pipes, 2 tanks.. the Lightning Stadium layout just mirrored on the other side. HB has been making the Truckzilla package for Savage owners so it was only a matter of time until they did this... Great truck, but isnt the best to race, its mostly a bash/"look at what i got" truck, and price will be up pretty considerably. I wonder what the point is in these trucks? Is it the " I can go thru twice as much gas as you", the bling factor... what exactly is it? Call me old fasioned, but a good single engine setup ill already make these trucks almost unraceable at ht etrack, plus twin engine trucks arent legal to race... might be if there was a sudden wave f people buying them, but I don't see that happening. I dunno, maybe its just me... But tuning them... god thatd be a nightmare... one would run richer than the other and then youd lean that one out a lil to hasve the other one be lean on the bottom end... god... if someone ever came up to me with a truck like this and was alike "i cant tune it, can you help me?" Id try to not be a ***** and say no.. Id help... but thats just me.. and then itd prolly go away worse than it came haha im a good tuner but tuning 2 engines exacly the same is a little much... what about when one loses compression? Single engine is 100- 300 already... but youd have to replace both so it'd be matched... I could go on and on but my point is... what is the REAL reason behind it?

Chris

Cliffs: I find no reason for twin engines
Whats their point?
PITA to tune
Old 02-23-2005, 02:51 PM
Jerry Williams

This is some thing I would pass on. THe bodies and tires look like they are from the dirt demon. They just beefed everything up and squeezed a extra motor on nothing big
Old 02-23-2005, 03:07 PM
devious1
My Feedback: (15)

well all it is is a kit that they decided to put out as a rtr truck i believe that the public has been doing to the dirt demon and the quake for a while now you can find sites out there makeing kits for the d.d. basically they just put there own out to compete nothing new really a different version of the d.d. i could be wrong wouldnt surprize me
Old 02-23-2005, 03:48 PM
silverman1

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Its just like a having a awesome hot rod, or import sport compact with 1000 hp its the WOW factor!! I know a kid who has a 300 hp ford focus with standard tranny and drive-train 4 into 1 header, supercharged, cams, nitrous. Can you say BOING & CHA-CHING$$$$$$ when he hammers it a little to hard.

HEY if I had the massive dollars, what the hey??
Old 02-23-2005, 06:21 PM
crazychris7

Silverman, i understand your analogy... your talking to a guy that has a certian 950+ hp (1037 hp on a 3 stage NX nitrous system) turboed stang in the garage pulling low 8s all day long... and those numbers are at the wheels... I love my toys just as much as anyone else, but a twin engine beast seems like just a big pain when tuning and maintanince is considered. Id rather have a Novarossi .28 that has been worked over for my truggy, but I know there is a point where there is too much power (not feasable? try a 8 sec 1/4 mile run and see how you feel after that...) Im running only 18 psi on my stang... drivetrain can handle up to 35 psi, but traction is a little bit of a problem. RC's are fun when they have too much power if youre basshing and whatnot, but try and race it and forget it, you'll be wishing for less when youre spinning out in the corners and going down the straights sideways at full oppisite lock... (Picco 21 in a stock Stadium maxx = DRIFTER!) Well thats my opinion, and I race more than bash so I'll always take a well mannered balanced truck than a powerful truck to race...

Chris
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fc90241.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	77.6 KB
ID:	233843   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pk29500.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	72.4 KB
ID:	233844   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ty64594.jpg
Views:	16