Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

WHAT IS BETTER CEN GENESIS OR THE LOSI LST?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

WHAT IS BETTER CEN GENESIS OR THE LOSI LST?

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2005, 10:39 AM
sideshotom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WHAT IS BETTER CEN GENESIS OR THE LOSI LST?

WHAT IS BETTER CEN GENESIS OR THE LOSI LST? I'M READY TO BUY A TRUCK AND I'VE NARROWED IT DOWN TO THESE TWO.
Old 02-24-2005, 10:59 AM
ed260z

Default RE: WHAT IS BETTER CEN GENESIS OR THE LOSI LST?

Let me think hard about this one. I got it!!!!!!!!!! Neither of these two. This being a Savvy forum, I think I'll suggest an HPI Savage. Hands down there is no other truck out there as durable.
But if your stuck on these two; All I've heard is bad things about the CEN. And if the aftermarket is any indication about which truck is more popular the CEN looses there too.[8D]
Old 02-24-2005, 12:23 PM
Pinolelst

Here this might help. (On the same page even )

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/Losi...2207641/tm.htm
Old 02-24-2005, 12:53 PM
raykessler

iv said it before and ill say it again can we pleaseeeeee make a sticky thread explaining how to use the search button..... to make it even better make sure new people cant post until theyv read it
Old 02-24-2005, 01:14 PM
st1badbrd

Lets put it in other words

""WHAT IS BETTER ChevyOR THE Ford? I'M READY TO BUY A TRUCK AND I'VE NARROWED IT DOWN TO THESE TWO"".

What do YOU like better ???? they both have there good points and there bad points.
Old 02-24-2005, 01:26 PM
Salty0790

personally, i would stay away from the genesis. i dont wanna start a flame war, im just stating my opinion. i went to my LHS a week ago and saw one of 'em displayed. i picked it up and looked it up and down. the engine looks awesome, but i dont know about the transmission and the suspension. doesnt look very durable at all. but i bet it packs a punch with that huge engine. i would drop the money on the Savage. but, if you have to choose between those two trucks, i would say Losi all the way.

good luck in your decision.
Old 02-24-2005, 01:39 PM
binaryterror

ORIGINAL: sideshotom

WHAT IS BETTER CEN GENESIS OR THE LOSI LST? I'M READY TO BUY A TRUCK AND I'VE NARROWED IT DOWN TO THESE TWO.
Old 02-24-2005, 01:40 PM
binaryterror

ORIGINAL: ed260z

Let me think hard about this one. I got it!!!!!!!!!! Neither of these two. This being a Savvy forum, I think I'll suggest an HPI Savage.
LOL actually this is the general MT forum, not the Savage one.
Old 02-24-2005, 02:09 PM
Pinolelst

ORIGINAL: binaryterror

Let me think hard about this one. I got it!!!!!!!!!! Neither of these two. This being a Savvy forum, I think I'll suggest an HPI Savage.

It was originally in the SAvage forum but the mods moved it I think
Old 02-24-2005, 05:29 PM
rscharp

ORIGINAL: Pinolelst

ORIGINAL: binaryterror

It was originally in the SAvage forum but the mods moved it I think
OHHH, I thought he posted this thread in every forum, and ed just copy and pasted his response. I love how none of us have answered his question.

If you want an answer about something, lose the capslock.

If you want an answer about something, use the search.

I dont know which piece of advise is better
Old 02-24-2005, 07:26 PM
LST-UK

Get a genisis there great................

That will teach him for being lazy....
Old 02-24-2005, 10:35 PM
nitromacguyver

give him a break. he's new. he just needs to learn how to use the forum w/o being alienated.
Old 02-25-2005, 06:45 AM
paedbo
My Feedback: (2)

I dont have a lst , i do have a genesis, it depends on what you really want it for, the genesis is very heavy and seems to break parts easy, the aftermarket is still growing for it and i think eventually with upgraded parts it will kick some tushy, If you dont mind wrenching a bit you could go with the genesis, if you want something more durable then get the lst.

If you do end up deciding to get the genesis i would suggest getting spare parts for it, mainly the suspension arms, the centerlink for the steering or drag link whatever they call it, part number i think is gs014, extra pinion gears, since the gen has so much power it seems to eat up that first gear pinion pretty quick if your really aggressive with the throttle. and maybe pick up an extra wheel axle ( part # gs028). you will porbably need a better steering servo the stock one stinks, so does the stock radio, it does its job, but the transmitter seems to have a smaller turning radius, and the truck will turn alot tighter with a new servo and radio. make sure you get some nice red locktite, it will vibrate parts loose, and the set screws in the drive shafts will come loose eventually.
Old 02-25-2005, 10:56 AM
ThermalRD

ORIGINAL: paedbo

If you dont mind wrenching a bit you could go with the genesis, if you want something more durable then get the lst.
WOW! Thats scary. lol. The term "more durable" has never really come to mind when i reference my LST. Not that its a bad truck, its just not as durable as others. I'll have a Genesis soon, then i'll see how durable they really are. Hopefully i can get my hands on a 3rd generation Genesis without having to get the updated parts from CEN.
Old 02-25-2005, 12:01 PM
bustergonad

I think it might help to know what he wants to do with it. If he wants to race, go with the LST but for bashing I would go with the Gen. I have a Gen and I literally beat the crap out of it every time I drive it. Over time the bad/weak parts have been replaced to a point where it seldom breaks due to part failure, more due to poor driving skills

Also got to agree with Paedbo, if you want a truck to run straight out of the box that needs no upgrades then get the LST. The Gen is a wrenchers dream. I think I have just as much fun taking the Gen apart and putting it back together again as I do driving it. Yeah CEN says this truck is "Ready to Rock" but we all know that is just not true!!!!

Buster
Old 02-25-2005, 01:25 PM
ICrashThings

ORIGINAL: ThermalRD

ORIGINAL: paedbo

If you dont mind wrenching a bit you could go with the genesis, if you want something more durable then get the lst.
WOW! Thats scary. lol. The term "more durable" has never really come to mind when i reference my LST. Not that its a bad truck, its just not as durable as others.
Well it is a losi.... [sm=bananahead.gif]
Old 02-25-2005, 05:02 PM
paedbo

yes, i love wrenching so the genesis was right up my alley, i have broken plenty on it in just the first few weeks that i had owned it, and all were my fault of course, the only part to break on the genesis that got me mad is when it flipped over in hard dirt and the front left wheel went flying, and i found the axle had busted in two, i dont like the design of it, its a hollow shaft and has holes in it for the pin that goes through the wheel adapter, and thats right where it broke.

and as far as my remark goes about the lst being more durable i meant more durable than the genesis.
Old 02-26-2005, 06:56 PM
Orlando69

Hello to you paedbo. How are you this good day? I have a question for you about your last post???? You said """" i dont like the design of it, its a hollow shaft and has holes in it for the pin that goes through the wheel adapter, and thats right where it broke. """" Whaht do you mean by this ??? Is this the same place where most RC cars/trucks have a hole for the wheel adapter? I ask this question in the MOST deserving way for you. Thank-you>>Peace "O"
Old 02-26-2005, 07:59 PM
paedbo

ok you know how the axle has a hole in it right and theres a hex screw that goes in the hole at thet end of the axle?

alright when you put the wheel adapter onto the axle, you have to line up the holes that are on one of the flats of the wheel adapter to the holes in the axle. then stick the pin through it, now you tighten up the screw at the end of the shaft to keep the pin from falling out. i guess while your assembling it. let me see if i can draw a picture of this. ok here it is

It broke at its weakest point, the end towards the differential is super solid straight through. its too bad to see this weakness near the end of the axle. it needs to be redesigned for a 17lb vehicle like this. They should of maybe not drilled the hole in the end of the axle, just drill the hole for the pin. and let the rim of the wheel itself hold the pin from falling out, or just had some kind of threaded wheel axle and adapter, it might be alot stronger.
Old 02-26-2005, 09:23 PM
frozen

Chevy over Ford? You can't compare Ford to anything other then S.hit.

Hands down Chevy here.

Old 02-26-2005, 10:37 PM
Orlando69

Question?? what do you have installed (lock block or gears) in your center differential when this happened to you?? "O"
Old 02-26-2005, 11:16 PM
paedbo

i have the lock block in there now so i can drive the truck in 2wd while i wait for replacement axle, however at the time it happened i did not have the lock block in there but i have aluminum upper arms, someone had posted somewhere that putting in the aluminum arms you will start breaking other parts, so i guess the axle broke instead. i had posted pictures on another forum about the busted axle and my fix, my fix seems to be very strong but i didnt want to test it with the dogbone in there until at least i get the new axle. Since my fix required me to drill out the two pieces of the axle then use a bolt to hold the two together i had to put in 2 pins on each side of the adapter only partially in, i was afraid the power would shear the pins,

sorry for getting off topic here,

if anyone wants to discuss genesis with me you can send me an email , for some reason its not showing up right when i just type it out so i had to put in in a quote

Old 03-02-2005, 09:41 PM
Orlando69

You can post your LINK to the website here if you want people to see what you are talking about.,,please do it if you can.

I will comment as I usually do if you post these things.. "O"

Let us know what happens here and what you are expressing and I HOPE that OTHER PEOPLE will give thier input!!. I hope that others will give some input here on the RCUNIVERSE web-site ALSO. Peace "O"
Old 03-02-2005, 09:51 PM
paedbo

sure the link is here > http://cengenesis.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=332 for my experiences with the genesis.