Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Need new wheels/tires for TNX

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2005, 08:59 PM
rscharp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need new wheels/tires for TNX

Well guys, I've decided to retire the stockers on my TNX. So now the question comes up, what do I put on in place of these?

I've thought about bowties, and figured I don't race enough to use these. I was looking for something that doesnt wear down as fast as bowties do, but still provides decent grip on packed dirt. These tires will be used on grass, dirt and some concrete here and there.

I hate doing the "I cant decide so help me out" routine, but I just need some ideas. Any and all help appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Old 02-24-2005, 10:19 PM
double_d

Default RE: Need new wheels/tires for TNX

I have 40 series bowties on my TNX,and they work just fine.
Old 02-25-2005, 12:00 AM
rscharp

ORIGINAL: double_d

I have 40 series bowties on my TNX,and they work just fine.
Do you run on concrete at all? I would think that they would wear down really fast on concrete, and I am not in the position to lay out 70 bucks for wheels/tires that do not last.
Old 02-25-2005, 02:10 AM
crusher03

I use a set of proline mulchers to bash with, not the best for concrete but will still work
Old 02-25-2005, 10:17 AM
HoldDaMayo
My Feedback: (1)

buy a set of stock LST wheels and tires for like 40 bux for a brand new set of wheels and tires on ebay
Old 02-25-2005, 12:06 PM
speedfreak1234

Ive got some Imex jumbo maxx tyers and i love them they look realy good and make the truck more stable. They are also great for bashing
Old 02-25-2005, 01:03 PM
crazychris7

Best tires on grass/dirt/hard surfaces would be the Proline Maxx Masher, but the big joes and moab's are real good tires.. but theyre 40 series and bigger... The maxx mulchers are great in grass, but will wear down if you do alot of street driving. Ive run the mulchers on a tmaxx that i used for general bashing and they were a great tire, then went to big joes, another good tire, but then traded it for a buggy with a blown engine... anyway its all up to you and what you see at the LHS... always support the one that helps you out!

Chris
Old 02-25-2005, 04:06 PM
KaliFormuLA

ORIGINAL: Nex2stupid

Well guys, I've decided to retire the stockers on my TNX. So now the question comes up, what do I put on in place of these?

I've thought about bowties, and figured I don't race enough to use these. I was looking for something that doesnt wear down as fast as bowties do, but still provides decent grip on packed dirt. These tires will be used on grass, dirt and some concrete here and there.

I hate doing the "I cant decide so help me out" routine, but I just need some ideas. Any and all help appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
i use HPI dirt bonz on maximizer beadlocks for track, proline mashers on HPI q6's for bashing and stock tires and wheels for concrete.

EDIT: btw... i've got a tnx too
Old 02-25-2005, 10:15 PM
rscharp

I think I wil be going with the Maxx Mashers or LST tires, depends on what the LHS carries. If he has the Mashers, Ill get'em, otherwise its off to the bay for LST tires.

Do the LST tires hook up well on packed dirt? Or maybe Zombie maxx would be better suited to my needs?
Old 02-26-2005, 02:41 PM
skate4182

one other option is the hpi dirtbonz they rock, seriously, especially on a set of Hotbodies dagger wheels[8D]
Old 02-28-2005, 04:01 PM
KaliFormuLA

ORIGINAL: Nex2stupid

I think I wil be going with the Maxx Mashers or LST tires, depends on what the LHS carries. If he has the Mashers, Ill get'em, otherwise its off to the bay for LST tires.

Do the LST tires hook up well on packed dirt? Or maybe Zombie maxx would be better suited to my needs?
mashers are cool for bashing but i noticed on track they don't give traction like a bowtie or dirt bonz... my friend has an lst and those tires are a lot bigger then our stock tnx tires. if you go with them you'll notice a difference in performance. i've heard a lot of good things about the zombies. i'll probably pick up a set after the mashers get worn. hope this helps... later.

Old 02-28-2005, 04:06 PM
rscharp

You definately helped. I just ordered the Zombies 2 minutes after reading that. I didnt think the mashers would provide good enough traction on hard packed dirt ( I hope to race it soon), and the LST's tires would rob my acceleration. Thanks guys, Ill let you know how they hook up when I get them in and mounted.
Old 03-04-2005, 01:22 AM
HoldDaMayo
My Feedback: (1)

is it possible to change the gearing so that adding larger tires like the LST's will still have good low end grunt? I saw some pinions on speedtech but I'm not sure if they are taller or shorter gearing, anyone know the stock pinion size? I saw a 16t and a 17t pinion on that site. I also saw a 44t spur gear, not sure again if that's smaller or larger than the stock... seems kind of lame to want to make the TNX's gearing taller... top speed is plenty high enough