Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Finally broke my TNX

Old 03-03-2005, 12:49 PM
rscharp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally broke my TNX

It started as a nice day. Snow on the ground, kinda warm, and I had made some ramps from the snow.

I landed a jump really badly, cracked the bumper. I kept on going. I landed ANOTHER bad jump, 12 foot landing right on the left front wheel and snapped the plastic driveline.

On another note, anyone ever run sidewinder? Man this stuff stinks! Im used to O'donnells with a light odor. Sidewinder is potent stuff, makes the car run like crazy with less oil though, so I cant complain.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz79517.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	48.5 KB
ID:	237501   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lh18789.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	69.7 KB
ID:	237502  
Old 03-03-2005, 03:27 PM
crusher03

Default RE: Finally broke my TNX

dont you just love the snow for cleaning your truck. makem look almost new again.
If you dont want to replace the driveline with the plastic ones, you can replace them with metal drives and universal joints.
search for "tnx plastic driveline fix" and enjoy
Old 03-03-2005, 04:45 PM
Tnx_4_life

yep yep. nice job on the bumper ghehe. i havent been able to break something like that YET ! only clutch shoes...[&:]
Old 03-03-2005, 07:00 PM
zzskater

I love riding on snow, the truck are a bit breaky but still ok.
I only ride 30 tank on gaz in snow so far and I only break the c part.

This truck is tuff.
See some vidéo of my tnx on snow on: http://www.crvproduction.net
Old 03-04-2005, 07:17 PM
KaliFormuLA

sweet carnage[8D] sidewinder kinda stinks but nothing seemed as bad as biron's. looks like piss and comes out smellin like crap. now i'm using odonnell and my nose has been happy so far.
Old 03-05-2005, 01:04 AM
rscharp

I was using odonnells, but i didnt like the fact that it is clear (makes quick checking fuel levels a pain). so i switched to a colored stuff, and i read somewhere that sidewinder and odonnells provide practically the same tune. turns out they do, but i richened it up a bit more for the sidewinders. byrons is worse than sidewinder? must be potent stuff[sm=stupid.gif]
Old 03-05-2005, 01:11 AM
gagt2nv

nice job on the driveline there. how are those tnx's? pretty good or no? also me and my friends were at the hobby shop today before work. we found this stuff from PARMA that makes your exhaust smell like cherries - root beer - lemon - and cotton candy. I think that is all the scents they had. anyways it was five bucks for for a bottle that treats 8 quarts. you just add a cap to a quart of fuel and shake. i work in a suspension shop so it smells just like any other mechanics shops, like grease and air tool oil and crap. well my one buddy who bought it mixed it up and ran his truck on lunch while me and another coworker went to get food. well when we came back all you could smell was cherries. could barely smell nitro at all. so if you want to make the nitro more nose friendly try some of this stuff out. he got his at Hobbytown USA in Ohio. dont know where else to get it though. just thought i would shed some light and post about it. it is quite cool

Mike
Old 03-05-2005, 09:42 AM
Jman44

i have seen that sold on e bay, They must want you to die from sniffing the fumes.
Old 03-06-2005, 12:57 AM
rscharp

ORIGINAL: gagt2nv

nice job on the driveline there. how are those tnx's? pretty good or no? also me and my friends were at the hobby shop today before work. we found this stuff from PARMA that makes your exhaust smell like cherries - root beer - lemon - and cotton candy. I think that is all the scents they had. anyways it was five bucks for for a bottle that treats 8 quarts. you just add a cap to a quart of fuel and shake. i work in a suspension shop so it smells just like any other mechanics shops, like grease and air tool oil and crap. well my one buddy who bought it mixed it up and ran his truck on lunch while me and another coworker went to get food. well when we came back all you could smell was cherries. could barely smell nitro at all. so if you want to make the nitro more nose friendly try some of this stuff out. he got his at Hobbytown USA in Ohio. dont know where else to get it though. just thought i would shed some light and post about it. it is quite cool

Mike
Thats awesome! Ive heard of the stuff, but didnt know it was that potent. The TNX is a great racer, and can hold its own bashing. I do not give this truck any slack, and this is the first time I have broken anything since September '04. If you are looking to get it, wait for tower to have it down around 370, then get there 40 dollar off coupons and orders over 150 are shipped free! I got mine for 330 shipped to my door. I like it because it is a large pan chassis, and you can move stuff around easily to redistribute the weight of the truck for better handling, not to mention it has a great OS powerhouse.