Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

CEN factory Race Genesis

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2005, 08:54 PM
CEN Racing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CEN factory Race Genesis

Pictured here is Andrew Smolnik’s racing GENESIS 46. This is the exact truck right off the track!! You may see this truck at your local track in the near future as Team CEN will be attending many large MT races this year.

This truck is virtually stock, still powered by the .46 5hp engine. It does however, utilize our all new 23mm hex’s (available soon) Andrew’s truck is running on Pro-Line’s 40 series / 23mm rims, along with Pro-Line Bow Tie Racing tires. This truck is also sporting a Pro-Line Crowd Pleazer race body.

When racing Team CEN Driver’s remove their reverse mechanism inside the transmission. They also, remove the first speed gear, using only second and third. Top Dimesion X shocks are removed for weight and down travel purposes. For further questions feel free to contact our friendly technicians. They will be more than happy to help you out with you CEN needs. They can offer many tip’s and tricks to make you reach the winner’s circle!

Email: [email protected] or [email protected]
Phone: 1-888-CEN-9886

Meet the Team!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw67559.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	85.2 KB
ID:	237676  
Old 03-03-2005, 09:23 PM
ThermalRD

Default RE: CEN factory Race Genesis

WOW!!! I think its totally awesome that you guys come on here and post that truck. I noticed those tires are not just 40 series. Those are 40 series wheels, with STANDARD bow ties stretched over them. I never really thought about doing that. So with that setup you achieved the bow tie tread, with an overall larger tire than the standard bow tie. Pretty cool stuff. Keep us posted. A video of that truck on the track would be really sick!
Old 03-03-2005, 09:33 PM
bustergonad

Yeah, come on CEN. How about some details?????? (speed etc)
I like the idea of the 23 mm hexes, been looking for some different rims.
I thought you guys were going to get some new vids from the Chicago show last October???
Any factory hop-ups in the pipeline???

Buster
Old 03-03-2005, 10:09 PM
fastcrash

i dont mean to be a fly in the ointment here but, wasnt the genny purposly designed for the non-racing (bashing) side of the fence? i cant imagine a truck so big and beefy (not to mention as overweight as chris kringle) could be competitive with the more lightweght, race breed monster trucks. ( i realize that a racing mt is a huge oxy-moron ) With that said it is great to see a manufacturer rep so helpful with the needs and desires of his proud owners ( i am not one 'yet'). i wish i could say the same for traxxas and hpi , they have their own sub forums here, and while they may breeze through the treads, i dont remember ever reading a post by a rep. good for CEN, keep up the good support, and i may soon be a happy genny owner.[8D]
Old 03-04-2005, 12:19 AM
CEN Racing

Thank you all for the kind words. I will have our factory driver post the specs and tech stuff tomorrow morning. We will try to film it this weekend. We are working with XXX main for Our factory video is in the work at this time, filming is alreayd finished. IT will be available shortly on our website.

Genesis 46 is built as a ultimate bashing machine. However, with minor adjustments, it can be the fastest MT on the track.
Old 03-04-2005, 06:31 AM
paedbo
My Feedback: (2)

hi cen, Looking good, Cant wait to see how the genesis does racing, I have seen alot of people say you shot yourselves in the foot when you made the truck 17 lbs, However i kind of look at it like this, with the kind of power you put in that truck, you have to have weight to transfer that power to the ground!. Good luck with it on the track.
Old 03-04-2005, 07:24 AM
Scouser

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

That truck is AWESOME!! It is so good to see the Genesis in racing trim and I can't wait to see the vid. Good work boys.
Old 03-04-2005, 12:27 PM
IslandSavage

Man that thing looks awsome...hmm got me wanting one...hmmm.. Why do the tire look rounded out like that though? I know their 40 series but, it looks odd to me....
Old 03-04-2005, 01:04 PM
Andrew Smolnik

Hey guys,

Thanks for the comments. This truck is actually near stock. CEN Racing's intial post mentions the only changes done to the truck.

The speed is pretty much the same. Tops out at about 45 mph. We are working on some option gearing however.

The tires are standard bowtie tires enlarged, on 40 series rims. When we raced we used a little different differential set up. We used 20,000 in the front differential, 100,000 in the center, and 10,000 in the rear. This worked extremely well for bumpy tracks. The truck soaked up the ruts like they weren't there.

We plan on attending many MT races this year. I am confident that we will win numerous events.

If you have any quesitons feel free to ask us anytime!!

Thanks.

Andrew Smolnik
CEN Racing
Old 03-04-2005, 06:56 PM
Groundforce-RCU
My Feedback: (20)

Too cool..I got a virgin Genesis just sittin here waiting for the weather to break. I may go ahead and start making the changes soon enough for opening day here at the track. Id love to blow some minds, and my own at the same time [8D]
Now..some of those large CEN stickers would really be cool for opening day (hint)
Old 03-04-2005, 08:30 PM
HoldDaMayo
My Feedback: (1)

has anyone seen the Genesis on the SMF 11 video? I just can't imagine that thing racing... guess it could have been just a fluke, but it seemed to break extremely easily...
Old 03-04-2005, 09:43 PM
paedbo

go to cengenesis.com/forum and look for a guy named toto's video of his genesis, he wrecks its a few times with no ill effects. The genesis with its weight can break parts easier yes, but overall as long as it doesnt land real awkward on one of its legs it will survive.
Old 03-05-2005, 10:49 PM
nitromacguyver

Andrew Smolnik, how much does it weigh after you removed all of that stuff?
Old 03-06-2005, 09:04 AM
bustergonad

Nitro,
14.1 lbs

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=2727739

Buster
Old 03-13-2005, 05:56 PM
Orlando69

Hello CEN,,,,I love the race Genesis. Let me view the video!!! Please POST POST POST!! I have ALWAYS been a supporter of the CEN Genesis truck. I am also positive of the larger 23mm hub as it will make the .46 lay it's power down much more reliable and solid. Glad to be behind a company who is standing behind it's product through earlier problems too possible triumph in its evolution. This is what I have always been supporting. peace "O"
Old 03-13-2005, 06:09 PM
titan66

the genisis doesnt even reach 40 mph does it?
Old 03-13-2005, 07:22 PM
paedbo

theoretically i think it was said 45+, from experience iwth mine, if i switch to 30% nitro, retune and drop alittle weight i could probably get it up to that speed or close to it.
Old 03-13-2005, 07:28 PM
nitromacguyver

wow. only 14 pounds. i would say that 45 is very possible now. possibly more with some porting and polishing. has anyone ever tried porting their genny engine?
Old 03-14-2005, 12:43 PM
CEN Racing

GENESIS goes 45mph out of the box "with proper tuning" . We have had some people state that they have clocked theirs going 55+. Not too sure about that, but when you lighten the truck up 55 is definately a possibility.

CEN
Old 03-14-2005, 12:59 PM
binaryterror

ORIGINAL: Andrew Smolnik
We plan on attending many MT races this year. I am confident that we will win numerous events.

If you have any quesitons feel free to ask us anytime!!

Thanks.

Andrew Smolnik
CEN Racing

What races, Roar and RC Pro Series all have a engine limit and the uhhh .46 is well above the limit of .28 right now.

Also you do know 14.1 lbs is above the RC Pro Series Maximium weight allowance:
Maximum weight for the safety of turn marshals ------------------- 13 pounds 6 ounces
Old 03-14-2005, 02:42 PM
CEN Racing

binaryterror,

Some races such a the Pro-Line Maxx challenge have classes called big block. As for the races that require .28 size engines and lower, we will simply change our engine. ? This seems like the most obvious thing to do.

Our truck with a .28 engine and titanium parts installed weighs very close to the Maximum weight limit. We have already taken this into consideration.

Thanks for your question!
Old 03-14-2005, 02:44 PM
binaryterror

Sorry, didn't know you could put a .28 or normal big block in a Genesis. I was told the .46 was the only thing that fit...

Learn something everyday i guess.!
Old 03-20-2005, 01:33 PM
jockbarrow

The racing truck looks awesome, i got a genesis for xmas. I have ran 9 tanks through it and on my first proper run i have managed to remove teeth from a couple of gears in the gear box. I am not complaining as this truck is the mutts nuts. I am looking to remove the reverse gear as i dont need it and i wouldnt mind shedding a bit of weight, but i dont know how so a little advice would be good. All said this truck rocks.
Old 03-20-2005, 02:22 PM
Scouser

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Post your question on the CEN forum mate, the CEN boys are pretty quick at answering. Alternatively you can e-mail Andrew Smolnik directly to find out what you need to do.
Old 03-26-2005, 10:41 PM
Orlando69

Continue to make the Genesis lighter and you will see yourself in a new and different racing class!!! Keep getting it more light and we may meet in the same class!! "O"