Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

used MGT... is it worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2005, 03:56 PM
KaliFormuLA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default used MGT... is it worth it?

sup everyone, i've got a friend who said he'll sell me his mgt. besides having a broken knuckle it's got a used wasp .26, new era rollbar, 17T & 52T gearing, maximizer bead locks on terra crusher tires(i think), shock socks, foward only conversion, AE side exhaust mount... that's all i can remember. he's asking for $450. is it worth it so far??? or should i demand $400. thanks for the help. later.

Old 03-17-2005, 05:04 PM
bkmademedoit

Default RE: used MGT... is it worth it?

i wouldnt even pay the 400 for it.
Old 03-17-2005, 07:29 PM
KaliFormuLA

what would be a good asking price then? BTW... it also has AE factory team shock caps & brakes, Ofna Failsafe & AE red shock springs.
Old 03-17-2005, 08:57 PM
bkmademedoit

i'm no expert on used values of things but i've heard of people on here getting new MGT's for 389 or so. personally i'd eliminate any chances of getting someone else's problem and buy a new one.
Old 03-17-2005, 09:13 PM
KaliFormuLA

yeah... you've got a point but this is a close friend and im sure he wouldn't jack me(or else i'd smack his face LOL). i'm just not familiar with the MGT and it's hop ups. well, thanks for your info.
Old 03-17-2005, 09:44 PM
proxpilot
My Feedback: (3)

you can get a new one from ultimatehobbies for $369 free shipping, does this used one have an aftermarket radio or anything? it does have alot of nice goodies with it . is he giving you the stock tt .21 too?
Old 03-17-2005, 10:56 PM
brokenstuff

whys he selling?

does he need the money? if so quit being a jerk off and help your freind out.

as he been in the hobby awhile? does he know how to tune and take care of the truck?? answer your own questions here.

regardless i wouldnt give more than 400 for it
Old 03-18-2005, 12:47 AM
KaliFormuLA

ORIGINAL: proxpilot

you can get a new one from ultimatehobbies for $369 free shipping, does this used one have an aftermarket radio or anything? it does have alot of nice goodies with it . is he giving you the stock tt .21 too?
oops forgot about that... yeah, he's gunna throw in the stock radio with that. he's not gunna give me the stock .21 though. the other goodies that came with it is the only thing that got he interested in a used MT. i'll tell him $350 and see what he says.
Old 03-18-2005, 01:05 AM
KaliFormuLA

ORIGINAL: brokenstuff

whys he selling?
he seems to be getting bored with it... i guess he could use the extra money for other stuff.

does he need the money? if so quit being a jerk off and help your freind out.
he been in the hobby awhile? does he know how to tune and take care of the truck?? answer your own questions here.
regardless i wouldnt give more than 400 for it
i guess i'll answer this ... if my friend needed money he wouldn't have to sell to me just to get a couple hundred. i'd lend him the money on the spot. yeah... he's been into the hobby for the last 6yrs. as for tuning and taking care of his truck, i wouldn't be interested in buying it if he didn't take care of it. as for answering my own ?'s... let me ask the question again... with what i described above, is it worth paying $450. it's a very simple question and i just wanted to here peoples opinion. $400's what you think... that's great, that's all you had to say.

Edited for bad langauge and Bashing.