Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Mugen MSRX5T Conversion kit info!!!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Mugen MSRX5T Conversion kit info!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2005, 07:50 PM
crazychris7

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mugen MSRX5T Conversion kit info!!!

Ok, BIG NEWS!!!!! I have inside source on the Mugen MSRX5T conversion for the MBX5 and MBX5 Prospec. They will be available on April 20th and for a pretty reasonable price you get some nice things...

The conversion will consist of:
1. MSRXT Chassis
2. New long center driveshaft
3. Graphite Upper diff plate
4. Graphite Radio Tray
5. Brake Cam
6. Spur Gear (62T) and adapter
7. Wheel Hub Adapters
8. Front and Rear Body mounts
9. Center Diff Spacer
10. Throttle Servo Spacer
11. Proline Velocity Wheels with Bowties
12. Truck body (theyre giving you one so you dont have to rig one to fit... nice!)

In other words, EVERYTHING you need will be included in this kit, no need to buy tires, body or anything... if you have a MBX5 roller or one built, this will be the best thing for you to do with it. PM me if you would like to know more.. Ill be more than happy to help you guys out! Yahoo SN: Blured_red , AIM: InsaneChris7

Chris

EDIT:
Old 04-08-2005, 10:53 PM
hybridstone

Default RE: Mugen MSRX5T Conversion kit info!!!

I'm thinkin this is gonna be the truggy to beat! mbx-5's are tough!!! I may have to buy a x5 roller
Old 04-09-2005, 12:46 AM
Texdav

The ony bad thing is that supposedly the conversion is to see if a full truggy design is warranted by sales of the conversion.With jammin;TTR full truggy design and a rumored Kyosho they may fall a little short with a conversion in sales. That is unless they already have a full form ground-up stadium design on the drawing table. It sure would sux to buy the conversion then have a new design follow shortloy therefater.
Old 04-09-2005, 01:00 AM
crazychris7

well with pros already racing the mugen kits (and have been for awhile) i highly doubt its a "rock getting thrown in the pond to see if it floats" These trucks are winning and on the podiums at the national level, competing agist kanai conversions, HB LSPs and the occasional revo or two. The fact is... this is where the MT class is going and there wont be a stop to it. These trucks woke the MT class up with a bang and have been hitting jhard everywere. Just think of them as a oversized buggy with all the grip you would want. I pull faster laps with my LSRR than with any of my buggies (and im not the only one). Richard Saxton is at Thunder Tigers facility overseeing/building the TTR truggy that will soon be out, and with AE now under TTR (theyve been together for a long time already) I see truggies being right up there with buggies in the future. Imagine if Unlimited MT was a bigger class than 1/8 buggy... thatd be insane... and it has the potential to do so. Kyosho hasn't made a "kyosho truggy" but there are conversions out there and they have been selling pretty good. All I posted this for is to give you guys with a roller/running MBX5 some info as to what you could do with it. This kit has everything you need so you dont have to worry about rigging a body to fit and you dont need to go and buy wheels/tires along with the kit. The price is fairly reasonable considering you have the choice to run mt or 1/8 because you can switch form one to another overnight w/o a problem. I can take my LSRR to the bare chassis and back up, cleaned and all in less than 3 hrs. Thats taking EVERYTHING apart and putting it back together, so in theory you could race MT on one day and 1/8 the next if you had the wild idea to do so.

Chris
Old 04-09-2005, 01:07 AM
Raster

ORIGINAL: Texdav

The ony bad thing is that supposedly the conversion is to see if a full truggy design is warranted by sales of the conversion.With jammin;TTR full truggy design and a rumored Kyosho they may fall a little short with a conversion in sales. That is unless they already have a full form ground-up stadium design on the drawing table. It sure would sux to buy the conversion then have a new design follow shortloy therefater.

Tex - Bingo. Mugen didn't want to bear the expense of tooling up for a full-blown truggy design, until they were sure they would sell. I'm very dissapointed in it. I was holding out on getting a LSP, to see the Mugen design. Since it's just another extended-hub design, I'm going to get the LSP.

With Hot Bodies and HPI merging, the parts and kit supply chain is supposed to open up in a couple of months, so I'm hoping parts won't be difficult to get, any more. HPI is supposed to be handling the HB distribution.

Personally (and this is just my opinion), I think the truggy market is going to be the hottest racing catagory to be in (along with 1/8th scale buggies). I think the companies not willing to make the commitment to a full truggy design are probably going to be second choices. Just my opinion.
Old 04-09-2005, 02:27 AM
crazychris7

oops, got in a little trouble with the mods on this one... sorry... dont mean to try and sell these things, im just giving info and a source, not much more than that... I'll be getting this kit for sure though, you guys can count on that...

Chris
Old 04-09-2005, 08:20 AM
ThermalRD

Ya, im a bit let down by that truggy. I wanted to see it, and now i know i wont buy it. Hub extenders are extremely lame. They kill bearings. So now its between the LSP, Mammoth Stadium, and the TTR truggy. I've also heard rumor that they may be making a class for this new breed of trucks soon. Calling it the 1/8th scale stadium truck class, which is appropriately named if you ask me. They are in no way an MT. Thanks for the update on this truck though. But for the cost of mugen kits, i expect better than hub extenders...
Old 04-09-2005, 04:35 PM
hybridstone

I don't mind the hub extenders I have had no issues with em on my sut pro! any doubter's of this mugen then just watch the race vid! it smoked everbody including and lsp! I will try to post the vid link.
Old 04-09-2005, 08:29 PM
Raster

ORIGINAL: ThermalRD

Ya, im a bit let down by that truggy. I wanted to see it, and now i know i wont buy it. Hub extenders are extremely lame. They kill bearings. So now its between the LSP, Mammoth Stadium, and the TTR truggy. I've also heard rumor that they may be making a class for this new breed of trucks soon. Calling it the 1/8th scale stadium truck class, which is appropriately named if you ask me. They are in no way an MT. Thanks for the update on this truck though. But for the cost of mugen kits, i expect better than hub extenders...
Thermal - I agree. 1/8th scale stadium truck is an appropriate name. I'd like to see how the TTR truggy looks, too. If the alleged TTR/AE rumors are true, then TTR would be buying the biggest distribution channel for TTR products and no longer be hampered by any AE agreements on distribution. It should be interesting. I had high hopes for the Mugen. To me, it doesn't matter that people are winning with it - it's just not the design that I want. As for them winning - I'm sure they run great, but any company can buy the driving talent to sell their cars. If these same Mugen drivers were driving _____ (fill in the blank - LSP, TTR truggy, etc.), they would probably still be winning. (Same with buggies.)

I think the 1/8th scale stadium truck class is going to be one of the two most exciting classes. 1/8th scale buggies being the other.
Old 04-10-2005, 09:15 AM
binaryterror

ORIGINAL: stonesavage

I don't mind the hub extenders I have had no issues with em on my sut pro! any doubter's of this mugen then just watch the race vid! it smoked everbody including and lsp! I will try to post the vid link.
I don't think I'd call it smoking...Matt Gosch and his LSP was in front of factory sponsored racers. Matt Gosch is running unsponsored and only like 14, so give him the same support and experience, watch out.
Old 04-10-2005, 04:59 PM
Xtreme R/C

the 777 kawahara version is coming as well:^)
Old 04-11-2005, 12:55 AM
crazychris7

Yea, all these truggy kits and such are coming out... even tho I'm prolly going to end up at least trying them all, my LSRR i set up for club races is still my #1 choice. I have a pro with a mod rossi .28, all kinds of other stuff... but it sits on the shelf more than anything because its the baby of the 3... my LSRR club racer isnt really stock anymore, but it isnt TOO bad yet... still want to swap my 645 to the throttle and get another stonger, maybe digital steering servo.... other than that, i think its pretty much done with and it places top 3 every time its out (TQ'ed twice this weekend... 2nd on sat... real rich still somewhat breaking the motor in, 1st on sun) and then comes #3... the LSRR project "Street Beesh".. think of a truggy set up for on-road type running... street tires, 2 speed, geared up, Collari .30 ... I absolutely LOVE these trucks...

Chris
Old 04-11-2005, 10:56 AM
Raster

ORIGINAL: crazychris7

Yea, all these truggy kits and such are coming out... even tho I'm prolly going to end up at least trying them all, my LSRR i set up for club races is still my #1 choice. I have a pro with a mod rossi .28, all kinds of other stuff... but it sits on the shelf more than anything because its the baby of the 3... my LSRR club racer isnt really stock anymore, but it isnt TOO bad yet... still want to swap my 645 to the throttle and get another stonger, maybe digital steering servo.... other than that, i think its pretty much done with and it places top 3 every time its out (TQ'ed twice this weekend... 2nd on sat... real rich still somewhat breaking the motor in, 1st on sun) and then comes #3... the LSRR project "Street Beesh".. think of a truggy set up for on-road type running... street tires, 2 speed, geared up, Collari .30 ... I absolutely LOVE these trucks...

Chris

Chris,

What two-speed are you putting in your LS? Are you going to use the two-speed from the HB 1/7th-scale touring car?
Old 04-11-2005, 11:27 AM
crazychris7

yes, the HB 1/7 car is where i got it form... put it in the LSP for maybe a day to see how it is... ran like a raped ape... thats on fire But its more suitable for parkinglot racing, bashing, or really long tracks...

Chris