Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Aluminum A-arms (Go or No)

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2005, 10:07 PM
EMaxxer05

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aluminum A-arms (Go or No)

"IF" I do go ahead and put them on, they will be the only aluminum component on my Maxx except the tranny skid. I'm on my stock arms right now and have not had any trouble out of them what so ever. I have everything needed for a simple install. They are even length with my stock arms. However, one HUGE question I have is that (try to follow me here): The metal pins (that hold the a-arms to the bulkhead) that they sent me have no way of being anchored in place. They simply slide in and out. Some with little or no effort. Others have to be tapped in. I am not worried about those, but what about the ones that just slide in? I am looking for a quick fix to this that I can include during the install.

BTW - I'm no hardcore flip over a house basher, but are there any real cons to this install? Should I stick with my stockers? Will the aluminum cause other plastic components to break in the long run (aka bulkheads)???

Old 05-03-2005, 10:16 PM
PillowPants

Default RE: Aluminum A-arms (Go or No)

the thing with aluminum is, it's like a chain reaction of alluminum parts you have to buy, IMO. if you replace 1 shock tower with an alluminum one, you have to replace the other, and soo on. that just what happened wth me when i tried out aluminum on my Losi.
Old 05-04-2005, 05:45 PM
monstatruCkin

the pins are nown as hinge pins and you put e-clips on each end once you slide them in. the arms should of came with them
Old 05-04-2005, 07:17 PM
EMaxxer05

Hmm E-clips. What are these. I'm sure I know what they are, I just don't know the terminology. How can I get them? LHS???
Old 05-04-2005, 08:26 PM
allen0622

I hate e-clips, I bought some Lunsord pins but decided to keep my stock ones because I hate e-clips.
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXJH92&P=ML
Old 05-04-2005, 08:29 PM
supernova803

Or, You could drill a hole in your A arm and put a set crew in there. I would look at my maxxs a arms but dont have it anywhere near me.
Old 05-04-2005, 08:31 PM
hybridstone

RPM A-arms the best.