Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Higher end radios

Old 05-16-2005, 08:48 AM
brushless

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Higher end radios

I just have a question about which radio to get. I am considering the following radios:

Futaba 3PK
Airtronics M8
Ko Propo EX-10 Helios

I would like to start with synthesized modules and then go to the DSM Spektrum modules. Does anyone know if all of these radios will work with the DSM modules? Also, do these radios come with regular synthesized modules?

Check out www.killerhobbies.com. Monster trucks, parts, & accessories.
Old 05-16-2005, 08:53 PM
nitromacguyver

Default RE: Higher end radios

i know for a fact that all those work with the spectrum system but i dont know if they are sinthetic but it would surprise me if they were not. i know the 3pk is available in synthetic.
Old 05-17-2005, 12:40 AM
crazychris7

helios is a GREAT radio! If you can wait, the JR Z1 (synthesized helios) will be out, and ill be getting one when they come out for sure Plus its gonna be a pretty sweet price!

Chris
Old 05-17-2005, 09:11 AM
binaryterror

M8 is the chosen radio by most pro drivers. It is older, but that says alot about its design and features...that even the newer Helios and 3PK can not compare.

On a side note, those all have or will have Spektrum's available.

Airtronics will be releasing a new version of the M8 called the M11, it will not use the same module, but Spektrum says they will make one to fit it when they receive all the needed information from Airtronics.
Old 05-18-2005, 08:44 PM
fastcrash

has anyone looked into the sensor radio that has been advertized heavily on rcu? i know it looks kinda toyish, but it boasts some amazing features. like it transmits and recieves on the 2.4 gig band(i think) and it is a self controlled synth, meaning you never have to fiddle with it to set the channel. you acctually never have to worry about channels again. not to mention the reciever in the car also transmits info like mph, engine temp, fuel level, battery voltage and a few other things right to a huge screen on the controller, and if you cant take your eyes off the road, it will speak the info out to you! if your looking to spend a considerable amount of money on a high end radio, it's worth a look.
Old 05-18-2005, 09:08 PM
cardriverx

yeah fastcrash, I was going to mention that too, it looks like an awesome radio with tons of features, if only I had the money haha[:@]
Old 05-18-2005, 09:10 PM
fastcrash

have they announced a price yet?