Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

REVO On airplane?

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2005, 09:00 AM
RockHoundDon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default REVO On airplane?

I'm going on vacation and want to take my REVO with me to bash and show off for the family. Has anyone tried to take a gas RC on the major airlines? I want to check it as luggage or carry it on. I have talked to the local airport and gotten two different stories. One guy said I could check it as long as it didn't have any fuel or fumes of any kind... The other just said no way if it has ever had fuel in it... Any of you ever taken your MT flying???
Thanks
Old 05-19-2005, 02:00 PM
kanairacer

Default RE: REVO On airplane?

It will proably be a no go. I would suggest sending it by UPS or someting to your destination and then sending it back.
Old 05-19-2005, 02:20 PM
idvsego

shipping it would be safest. you never know what kind of hassles you will run into these days. USPS has very reasonable rates
Old 05-19-2005, 02:57 PM
crazychris7

having known many people that take them as carry ons, and doing it myself, all you need to do is clean it up completely, run some wd40/after run oil thru the motor, clean out the pipe and pull the tank/fuel tubing. they WILL NOT let you go with the tubing or tank, but if you dont have any sign of fuel or the smell, they should let you thru. haha i took my LSP on a plane with me and thru the flight i rebuilt shocks, diffs... completely redid the truck... Other than a few wierd looks it was fine! But if theres a LHS where youre going or maybe ship a new tank/tubing and fuel to where youre going, you'll be alright... But id go to the airport just to be sure...

Chris
Old 05-19-2005, 07:40 PM
proxpilot
My Feedback: (3)

when i went to NC i didnt want to take ANY chance's messing around with it on an airplane, so 4 or 5 days before i left i shipped it USPS priority insured and tracked to my buddies house. then i just bought a couple quarts of fuel when i got down there. it was there the day i got there.
Old 05-22-2005, 08:11 AM
speedyz

Hi, I took my Savage and T-maxx to the Phillipines. I cleaned them both and made sure there was no fuel in it. I checked them both in one box. Niether the US or Phillipines customs questioned me.