Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Just got my LSR...

Old 05-30-2005, 10:06 AM
Demonian

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just got my LSR...

Now I am wondering what to do for upgrades...

I am mostly a basher, kind of. I run a little at the local BMX track, when I feel like spending alot of money on replacing parts that I inveriably break, a little at a lake bed where they are repairing a dam so there is a lot of open space to roam about in, a little at work; dirt, grass and a gravel driveway that I try to stay off of, local sand dunes (I know, bad idea, but SERIOUS fun!), and I am thinking of doing a little racing this year. Mostly a leasure sport for me at this point. I do, however, have a thing for high tech goodies!

I have a list I have compiled.

So far on the list I have: Carbon Fiber Goodies, Tasais Axles, LST CVD Bones, LST CVD Rebuild Kit, Steering Components, Draglink (MBX 5) or this one. Alu Shock Ends, Picco .27 8 Port, yes, it isn't the best available, but I happen to have had very good luck with Picco engines in the past, Hex Hardware, Ofna or whoever fly wheel, 3 pc. clutch and Alu. clutch shoes, and of course a JR XS3-Pro w/Spektrum, HiTec Ti Gear Servos, already have the 1200 mah 5-GP cell reciever pack.

What I am really interested in at this point is: Rear Alu. Axle Carriers, Shocks... Are there any others made that will work, have 3.5mm shafts, and be the same/very close to the same length, or should I just get the Pro Shocks in all their ugly, brown, glory? Center CVDs (not from HB), any made for it/that will work on it? Front Bell Crank Brace, I am thinking Carbon Fiber would be nice here.

Also, gearing: Is it supposed to be rather slow out of the box? I have gone about as lean as I want to with the engine and it still seems to be rather slow...As compared to, say, my Revo, 2 speed aside, the Revo still seems to have more top end in first/first part of second, even with a 40t spur and smaller clutch bell.... Bottom end on the LSR is rather insane, though. I was thinking that maybe a 14t or even a 15t clutch bell might be in order. I have heard of a two speed for this truck... Any info on that?

Anything else I am forgetting?

Thanks in advance

(Yes this is a repost from another forum... What can I say? I am impatient [sm=tired.gif])
Old 05-30-2005, 02:53 PM
CR500rider

Default RE: Just got my LSR...

what is an LSR?
Old 05-30-2005, 03:02 PM
itspuddingtime00

an LST maybe?
Old 05-30-2005, 03:17 PM
crazychris7

Man thats a list... In all seriousness (is that even a word? ) id calm down a lil... I run my somewhat modded LSRR hard almost daily at the track and have yet to really need to upgrade much other than the usual. I run a Picco .26, fironi slider clutch, Jammin JP-1 pipe, hitec/ace servos, racers edge kyosho hubs, Airtronis MX3S rdaio (when it gets back from airtronics), 5 cell rx pack and thats pretty much it... Its nice to go all out and get all the stuff and bling, but in the end, you have empty pockets and a very nice truck. I run the stock shocks, arms, everything... never had a serious problem. I broke the stock servos within the first few days breaking it in, but thats normal... blew the front shafts (HB mfg error), hubs, and one of the steering plastic links... all 3 diffs (swapped to hard metal) and thats it other than the normal clutchbell bearings and such. I run my truck HARD, and im even running it in parking lots with foam tires just for kicks, with next to no problems. I run the stock bell/gearing and with the picco, I have more probs with traction than anything. Im currently running cut bowties (narrowed) on offset maxx sized dish wheels, the plastic blocks on the arms, everything... nothing real serious has broken (knock on wood). But if thats what you wanna do, go ahead, its your truck/money... Im just more of a guy that mods as i break em, not all at once... But you'll love the truck... just make sure you get it to the track on a regular basis, or she'll get mad at you, throw a tantrum and distroy herself

Chris
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv63133.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	61.9 KB
ID:	278237   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sn40084.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	81.9 KB
ID:	278238   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tz66812.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	79.6 KB
ID:	278239   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig13252.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	60.4 KB
ID:	278240  
Old 05-31-2005, 06:19 AM
gerwen

You can't get spektrum for a JR XS3. It is already synth however, just not the fancy new 2.4Ghz type.
Old 05-31-2005, 06:39 AM
Demonian

Your right. Just looked it up. I thought it was available for the XS3 as well [>:]. But there is this..... While not the same, it is kind of neat.
Old 05-31-2005, 08:00 AM
binaryterror

Synth and Spektrum are so wildly different...

Synth yes you can change channels fast...thats about it.

Spektrum has a built in fail safe, and it locks the channel it is on so another transmitter can not interfere...I just tested my Spektrum and it is amazing.