Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

the best monster truck

Old 05-30-2005, 10:18 PM
cory21

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default the best monster truck

of all the nitro monster trucks out today which is the best? im really wanting to buy one but dont know which kind.
Old 05-30-2005, 10:20 PM
Lardman

Default RE: the best monster truck

You can't just ask for THE best mt. Wait do you want? A crawler, basher, speed??? You have to be more specific.
CHEERS, Lardman
Old 05-30-2005, 10:23 PM
Lardman

If your new to Nitro MTs I strongly suggest getting a traxxas, the have good custumer support, they are RTR and easy to break in and get started. If you are new DO NOT get a pull-start. Just a word of advice.
CHEERS, Lardman
Old 05-30-2005, 10:24 PM
cory21

well i basically just want it to ride around my land, the beach, the snow and take it off a couple of jumps hear and there, so whatever would be the best for all that.
Old 05-30-2005, 10:28 PM
Lardman

Look into the Traxxas T-maxx, an exelent truck. 40+ mph, can take a bashing many hop-ups and repair parts. Great all-around truck for the price.
Old 05-30-2005, 11:20 PM
RenegadeRevo
My Feedback: (1)

I recommend the Revo, or Savage... but your best bet is what your LHS stocks the most.. mainly because it sucks to wait for parts when you break 'em.
Old 05-30-2005, 11:50 PM
HoldDaMayo

don't get a tmaxx, get a TNX Pro, or Savage RTR, or Monster GT, or Revo
Old 05-31-2005, 12:27 AM
MountainMotor
My Feedback: (7)

LST hands down! The T-Maxx, MGT, Revo and Savage are all nice trucks but I've seen all of them run and overall I like my LST more than all of them. The LST is fast, a good basher and handles as good as any MT. The LST, Savage and MGT are the best bashers and the T-Maxx and Revo are fast but are not as good of bashers. The LST has the best of all worlds, faster than all the bashers and more durable than the race trucks. Check out the MT forum here that's labeled your favorit truck and you'll see how people are responding, the LST is first and has more than twice the votes of the second place truck.
Old 05-31-2005, 01:17 AM
turbopwr

Do they have hobby stores in Afghanistan? If so what do they carry over there? Considering where you are, unless they have alot of hobby shops I would get whatever your local hobby shop carries parts for.
Old 05-31-2005, 01:39 AM
RenegadeRevo

ORIGINAL: ctwitty

LST hands down! The T-Maxx, MGT, Revo and Savage are all nice trucks but I've seen all of them run and overall I like my LST more than all of them. The LST is fast, a good basher and handles as good as any MT. The LST, Savage and MGT are the best bashers and the T-Maxx and Revo are fast but are not as good of bashers. The LST has the best of all worlds, faster than all the bashers and more durable than the race trucks. Check out the MT forum here that's labeled your favorit truck and you'll see how people are responding, the LST is first and has more than twice the votes of the second place truck.
Ignorance at it's finest... you were doing so good until you said... "the T-Maxx and Revo are fast but are not as good of bashers." What the HELL are you talking about? I bash my Revo EXTREMELY hard.... probably harder than you've EVER bashed your LST... and I'll tell you... it's handled every bit of it.... and asked for more. Don't go spouting crap out of your mouth ... I just wish there weren't so many dang ignorant people. I mean, have you even SEEN a Revo bash? Have you not watched ANY videos? You mentioned "your favorit truck" thread... I posted MY bashing video with MY Revo... and you still say that... wow... You know, I don't bash the LST for it's bashing capabilities... because I've actually never seen an LST bash... I've seen one race, but not bash... so, I don't comment on it. Just stick to what you know... don't go bashing other trucks just because you *THINK* the LST is the best. That is fine if that's your opinion... but don't say that the Revo nor T-maxx is not good bashers... because I know FROM EXPERIENCE that both of them bash quite nicely.

Oh ... and ... what was the SECOND truck? Oh, yeah.. THE REVO. Guess there's a reason the Revo was crowned as the 2004 Truck of the Year, eh?
Old 05-31-2005, 01:48 AM
MountainMotor
My Feedback: (7)

You better watch who you talk to like that!!! I don't take bashing lightly!! Not a good person to put down! Don't p*ss me off. And yes I have seen the revo bash, I know what they're capable of. I know a couple of guys with them and they have all broke a lot of parts on them, so no I don't consider them the basher that some of the other trucks are. I never said the revo was a bad truck, I just said it wasn't the basher of the others.
Old 05-31-2005, 02:29 AM
RenegadeRevo

ORIGINAL: ctwitty

You better watch who you talk to like that!!! I don't take bashing lightly!! Not a good person to put down! Don't p*ss me off. And yes I have seen the revo bash, I know what they're capable of. I know a couple of guys with them and they have all broke a lot of parts on them, so no I don't consider them the basher that some of the other trucks are. I never said the revo was a bad truck, I just said it wasn't the basher of the others.
HA HA... what are you going to do? Come TYPE me to death? Yes, Revos break too, but to say they're not good bashers is pure ignorance. That's all I do... I bash. (I guess in July I will race... ) but otherwise I bash.. and I bash hard. You either don't know what you're talking about, the guys "you know" don't know anything about R/C (running it into stuff is usually going to break it no matter what truck it is) or you're talking out of your butt. No matter how you cut it... that statement was ignorant. That would be like me saying "The LST is a crappy truck, don't buy it becuase I heard they break all the time, and they're slow." Anything I say is from MY experience, not others. I'm tired of people bashing other trucks that they have had no experience with. (myself included in the past) I have changed what I say. Notice my post has "positive" things about the topic (not the post where I was talking about your ignorant statement, the one that I shared my opinion on the topic) It keeps things from blowing up like that "your favorit truck" thread. Unless that's what you like out of life... talking trash about everyone else's stuff. If that's the case... you're gonna have one crappy life, and you will never be happy. Anyways, long tangent... let's get off of the tangent.

Your opinion is the LST is the best truck. My opinion is that the Revo or the Savage are good trucks. Let's leave it at that.
Old 05-31-2005, 03:26 AM
tristy

If the REVO is'nt a good basher wots this > http://www.traxxas.com/ftp/revo_mov/revo_sicktrick.wmv. id love to see an LST do that and the look on their face as it smashes to 1000 peices as it hits the ground . If any body could prove me wrong get a vid uploaded of a stock LST doing a jump that size!
Old 05-31-2005, 08:09 AM
tzque

I own numerous trucks and the best MT for me is the one that is running .
MT selection solely comes down to preference . Very rarely do we hear about Dominators in this forum . I saw one run last week that would make most of put our trucks back in the car and go home . My point is that there are numerous trucks that are made to be good . They all have strong points and weaknesses .
Buy one enjoy buy another .
The best MT is the one that not waiting to be repaired .
Savage 26 extended chasis -waiting for a piston and sleeve
MGT 8 port with cage- Severe clitching
Savage Mach 26 - Shocks broken
The best MT -Tmaxx the only one running out of 8 different trucks .
Old 05-31-2005, 08:12 AM
jefx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: tristy

If the REVO is'nt a good basher wots this > http://www.traxxas.com/ftp/revo_mov/revo_sicktrick.wmv. id love to see an LST do that and the look on their face as it smashes to 1000 peices as it hits the ground . If any body could prove me wrong get a vid uploaded of a stock LST doing a jump that size!
That link doesn't work.

However, here's some video of the LST jumping.
[link=http://www.rcpics.net/view_single.php?medid=58055]HERE.[/link]
[link=http://www.rcpics.net/view_single.php?medid=56526]HERE.[/link]
Old 05-31-2005, 08:28 AM
Nitroaddict

These type of posts always end up like this. This is simply an opinion based thread and everyone has there own. There is no need for bickering back and forth.

This thread is now locked.