Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

What do you think will be outlawed in the MT class?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

What do you think will be outlawed in the MT class?

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2005, 09:29 PM
MrGame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What do you think will be outlawed in the MT class?

What do you think will be outlawed in monster truck racing when roar makes official rules? I'm guessing buggy wings on trucks and cut down tires, and i also hope they put the true high CG trucks (revo, tnx, lst, savage, etc.) into their own respective classes based on engine size, and make the truggies compete in the outlaw class because they have such a great advantage
Old 06-03-2005, 12:31 AM
Ovgron

Default RE: What do you think will be outlawed in the MT class?

Why would they start separating the Outlaw class? Theres a reason its called "Outlaw". They should be able to run any rc, any engine, any tires, anything.

Last I heard here in Vegas is that you cant race truggies in the Outlaw/Unlimited class because they were blowing all the other mt's away. There would be like 10 - 12 MTs a race, only 2 or 3 Truggies, and the truggies kept taking 1st and 2nd place. My memory is vague, so im not 100% sure.
Old 06-03-2005, 08:12 AM
maxximum_overdrive

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i agree about the "outlaw class"............run what you brung.............but will they allow factory "truggies" in other classes. for instance, the hot bodies lighting stadium is a truggie, but it comes from the factory that way and could be argued as being a "stock"(unmodified) vehicle. roar will no dought break it down as you said, true monster (high chassis), and low chassis, then break it down farther, big block, small block,(.18 being the size limit for small, meaning that oversized "midblock" mills would not be allowed) and unlimited. only time will tell however. does anyone know when they will accually release the rules? and will they go into affect this year or next?
Old 06-03-2005, 04:11 PM
supernova803

buggy wings
why does everyone say if you run a wing you get and advantage for downforce? The buggy wings are much too small to give any downforce. Thats why outlaw sprintcars wings are so massive. Your truggy or buggy would have to be goig extremely fast to take advantage of the tiny wing. Or am I wrong?
Old 06-03-2005, 09:51 PM
MrGame

ORIGINAL: supernova803

buggy wings
why does everyone say if you run a wing you get and advantage for downforce? The buggy wings are much too small to give any downforce. Thats why outlaw sprintcars wings are so massive. Your truggy or buggy would have to be goig extremely fast to take advantage of the tiny wing. Or am I wrong?
I don't know the science of it but with cut tires and buggy wings it seems like the big name racers are trying to make the MT class into a glorified 1/8 buggy class with different bodies, which would take away the easiest class of racing to get into and make it just like all the others
Old 06-03-2005, 10:10 PM
C3Racing
My Feedback: (1)

What is a truggie? Sorry the only mt ive seen and been around is a Savage. (sweet )I race s/t's and on road. Ive heard about truggie's ! are they like a mutant breed somthing?
Old 06-04-2005, 08:41 AM
SNOW

I think they should make everyone run the monster truck size tire. That is what makes a monster truck outlaw our not when you think monster truck you see big tires not car tires. You could just buy a 1/8 scale buggie and put a truck body on it.
Old 06-04-2005, 12:52 PM
mudbrother

actually the large wing on the top of a 1/1 outlaw sprint car does work like a normal wing like is being discussed here in this forum.while it does supply some down force while moving forward, where it really works is while the cars is sideways in a corner,the large side panels on both sides rotate the chassis on its axis to the inside of the slide putting massive downforce on the inside tires,thus creating traction in the corners where needed.
my roomate has both a lightning and a revo and i agree they need differant classes.in stock trim the revo has a small advantage top speed but in all other aspects the lightning is a far superior vehicle for racing,i would almost say the lightning should run with the 1/8 buggys
ORIGINAL: supernova803

buggy wings
Old 06-07-2005, 09:24 AM
maxximum_overdrive

believe it or not the "tiny" wing produces a cosiderable amount of down force...........take nascar for example.........a small fin to begine with.......but only a few degrees of adjustment makes huge changes the the amount of down force that is appied. if you don't believe me try it on your rig........you will notice the differnce, i promise.
Old 06-07-2005, 04:48 PM
Paniro tha Ghost

you guys have to think about the size of the trucks when you talk about speed and down force. i dont know anything about this, but it would seem to me that with the small size of the truck and the weight of the truck going 20, 30, or 40 mph is really fast. and with the speeds they reach combined with the size and weight they could make a lot of down force. does anyone know what i am trying to say?
Old 06-08-2005, 09:04 AM
maxximum_overdrive

yes i do.........these trucks are 1/10 or 1/8 scale............if you put the true speed in to scale it would be like big foot running 200, 300, on 400 mph............ 40 mph times ten (for the scale). now picture it with a wing that would be of scale to that of a buggie wing and imagine how much down force it would applie. another example........you know the tiny wing on 1/10 touring cars.........try driving one of those with out the wing........now try to drive it with out the body.............even the bodies are designed to make down force a tourning car will go airboure at around 50 mph with no bodie. but with the bodie and wing you can drive it and even controll it a even higher speeds....