Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Were to get superchargers,turbo or NOS

Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Were to get superchargers,turbo or NOS

Old 06-06-2005, 09:54 PM
Shadowhunter985
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Were to get superchargers,turbo or NOS

I was wondering were get superchargers,turbo or NOS. i have been told they exist but i can't find them. can any one out there help me?
Old 06-06-2005, 10:59 PM
crazychris7

Default RE: Were to get superchargers,turbo or NOS

NX makes a nitrous kit, and for superchargers, id look on ebay... turbos.. weill ive never heard of a turbo for a RC, but think of it... "yea man ive gotta Collari .30 twin turbo..."

Chris
Old 06-06-2005, 11:05 PM
SublimeJason
Banned

Try here, http://www.rbinnovations.com/catalog/index.php
Old 06-06-2005, 11:07 PM
Ovgron

ugh..... Another person willing to spend $200 for a single mod that wont do anything. Unless your Rc is running a 4-stroke engine, a supercharger isnt going to help one bit. Running nitrous is like setting your engine on fire, its gonna get burned out fast. Never heard of turbos for rc.

RB Innovations makes superchargers, cheapest one is like $160.
NX or someone makes a nitrous kit thats around $200.

Superchargers = [sm=thumbdown.gif]
Nitrous = [sm=thumbdown.gif]
Ram Air intake = [sm=thumbdown.gif]
Cold Air intake = [sm=thumbdown.gif]

Buy a bigger engine if you want more torque. Buy a faster engine if you want more speed.
Old 06-08-2005, 10:55 PM
SublimeJason
Banned

Like the Last Guy said,There a Waste of Money but Try here this Site has Everything,Look in Nitro under ( WildStuff )
http://www.monster4x4rc.com/
Old 06-08-2005, 11:06 PM
raykessler

ORIGINAL: Ovgron

ugh..... Another person willing to spend $200 for a single mod that wont do anything. Unless your Rc is running a 4-stroke engine, a supercharger isnt going to help one bit. Running nitrous is like setting your engine on fire, its gonna get burned out fast. Never heard of turbos for rc.

Superchargers = [sm=thumbdown.gif]
Nitrous = [sm=thumbdown.gif]
Ram Air intake = [sm=thumbdown.gif]
Cold Air intake = [sm=thumbdown.gif]

Buy a bigger engine if you want more torque. Buy a faster engine if you want more speed.

awwwwww u took my speech...... and u made it shorter but yah if u want more power then save all the money ur gonna be wasting on these gimmiks and put it twords a better quality engine
Old 06-08-2005, 11:25 PM
crazychris7

will the turbo off my 05 F250 6.0 PSD work on a picco .26???

Chris
Old 06-09-2005, 12:55 AM
chowderhead72
My Feedback: (4)

Shuold be a direct bolt up but you may need stiffer springs...hahahah Stroke it baby!
ORIGINAL: crazychris7

will the turbo off my 05 F250 6.0 PSD work on a picco .26???

Chris
Old 06-09-2005, 01:28 AM
MountainMotor
My Feedback: (7)

Bigger engine!
Old 06-09-2005, 01:43 AM
crazychris7

i wonder where id get the piping.. take it from a like 1" pipe to around a 4"... big taper there.. might get some turbo lag... next thing in an intercooler... what do you guys think of maybe a little trailer holding the intercooler and pipes to the truck? Man this is becoming some project...

Chris
Old 06-09-2005, 08:13 AM
agge

Superchargers =
Nitrous =
Ram Air intake =
Cold Air intake =

Whats wrong with buying something for the novelty of owning it? Does it really bother you that someone has the money to blow on something like this?

Let people enjoy the hobby however they like.
Old 06-09-2005, 12:48 PM
AJ DRAGON

Hi

What are you guys talking about that a supercharger will not work on a RC two stroke engine. Tell me why wont a supercharger work on a RC two stroke engine.
Old 06-09-2005, 02:27 PM
piccorevo

because the inlet and outlet are open at the same time and a supercharger is forced which will just push the air/fuel mixture right through the chamber thus creating a very very lean situation which will very quickly ruin your engine
Old 06-09-2005, 07:25 PM
AJ DRAGON

Hi

I'm sorry to tell you but that is not true. Nitro RC Cars work off of a pressurized fuel tank system to supply fuel to the engine, with out it the engine would never run right. So in other words the more presser you apply to the fuel tank the more fuel your going to get to your engine. That is why the RC superchargers have a pressure fitting for hooking up to the fuel tank to increase fuel tank pressure to help prevent the engine from leaning out as more air is forced into the carb. With out that pressure fitting you would have that leaning problem.
Old 06-09-2005, 08:43 PM
raykessler

im sorry to say but thats not true, the supercharger WILL give you a performance boost ill give it that, its been tested and proven, but you better willing to pay $160 and significantly reduce the life of your engine for an extra 2 mph cause thats all ur gonna get

AJ, sure ur gonna get the fuel in there faster, but if it goes straight into ur exhaust it isn gonna do u much good is it?? also its gonna make ur engine run lean as hell so ur gonna have to retune anyways if u want it to have the same lifespan, then ur gonna lose that performance boost u just got, and ur fuel is probably gonna get wasted faster
Old 06-09-2005, 09:07 PM
Demonian

Perhaps you people need to do some research before you go spouting off about something you obviously have no clue about.

Yes, there will be a performance boost, albeit, a very slight one. However, that is not the advantage gained by adding a supercharger.. The biggest advantage to adding one is the fact that it levels out the power band, in other words, a more drivable engine, rather than having all the power at the top of the RPM range as most 2 cycle engines are prone to have, you get a smoother, more controllable power band. Granted you can tune this with header/pipe combos, but not nearly as well as a supercharger would, in combination with said headers/pipes.

As for the engine life... Well, that remains to be seen. I, personally, do not see how it could effect the life-span in any way, so long as you tune properly.

raykessler: Unless a person is a complete moron and running gearing that is far too high for their current engine, they would not gain any top speed. Top speed, if geared properly, would only be effected by changing the gear ratio (whether you use a larger clutch bell, a smaller spur, or even a taller tire). It would, however, accelerate faster than it did prior to the installation of the supercharger.

As for my personal opinion; Not that any of you give a ****... I feel that the performance gained by them is far out weighed by the cost/weight factors. I have to agree with raykessler and say put the cash towards a higher quality engine. Novel toy though...
Old 06-10-2005, 08:49 AM
Ovgron

Heres what it basically looks like in the cylinder when combustion is taking place. Explain to me how you can force more air into the engine when the exhaust port closes after the intake port does?

Old 06-10-2005, 12:04 PM
AJ DRAGON

Hi

I think I'm starting to see what you are guys are all talking about. My conclusion is that I'm starting to get a headache and I'm not going to try to figure this out any more, I'll leave that all up to the pro's.
Old 06-11-2005, 04:22 AM
nitroussavage

but they build there compresssion in the block under the piston