Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Ok, so I bought a T-Maxx. What's next?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Ok, so I bought a T-Maxx. What's next?

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2005, 10:03 PM
shrinkwrap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ok, so I bought a T-Maxx. What's next?

I found a good deal today on a T-Maxx on eBay that is used and has been broken in. It seems to include everything I will need, but I have to ask what I will need to modify on it before I can have it successfully running. Keep in mind that my primary application for this truck at the moment is bashing, but racing could become an option in the future. Are there an especially week points on this truck, other than the arms of course? Also, I know that the T-Maxx has a huge aftermarket catalogue, and I was wondering what important upgrades I can buy and still stay under a very limited budget cap.
Old 06-06-2005, 10:13 PM
cruiserx

Default RE: Ok, so I bought a T-Maxx. What's next?

the a-arms are not all that weak..they are stronger than the lst arms that's for sure..the weakest part of the maxx is the rear skid plate/bulkhead area..all you need is to put aluminum chasis braces and skidplates front and rear..see,,when you land on the rear off a huge jump most of the time it's the rear skid plate that breaks, and then, it puts a lot of pressure on the bulkhead and then it usually breaks.same for the front..i would start with that first and then get the rpm arms later..t-maxx's are really good bashers..
Old 06-06-2005, 11:19 PM
shrinkwrap

I am completely new to monster trucks, and actually nitro trucks in general and I don't know the best companies that make hop ups for them. Can you recommend a good website where I can find a good selection of T-Maxx parts in aluminum?
Old 06-06-2005, 11:37 PM
fantomas
My Feedback: (3)

www.towerhobbies.com
www.stormerhobbies.com
Old 06-07-2005, 09:05 AM
maxximum_overdrive

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

aluminum is not all its cracked up to be..........the only "metal" i have are the skids(mine are custum that i made). aluminum is heavy, adding to the already 11 plus pounds, it decreases performance. plus when you use aluminum it usually puts more stress on the connecting parts..........for instance. aluminum bulkheads........puts, or makes the suspension arms and chassis have to absorb more energy, causeing failures. plus aluminum bends, and once its bent you may as well trash it cause you will never get it straight. like i said the only aluminum i have are my custom skids, and i rarely break parts. i havn't even broken an arm.............yet. but when i do i will replace with rpm. i guess what i'm getting at is that aluminum looks cool, but unless you got the cash to upgrade every part on the truck (including the engine to compensate for the weight), stick with rpm arms and stock everywhere else. Plus stock parts are cheap, and half the funn of our great hobby is repairing the things when they do break. plus, when you are replacing parts you can clean things that don't normally get any attention. example.........replacing bulkheads is a pain, but it gives you the oppertunity to tear down you diffs and clean them up and inspect for wear. anyway this is just my two cents hope you enjoy your new truck.
Old 06-07-2005, 04:47 PM
blackrain

dont get caught up with the aluminum stuff you just need rpm arms and skids there guranteed for life.