Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

AE monster gt tanny prob.

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2005, 10:56 PM
LostHate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AE monster gt tanny prob.

so the other day i tuned my motor to puLL wheelies. and seeN THAT it shifted to soon. so i tried to set it to shift later. only thing is i dont think i picked the right set screw to adjust. so i tried both.
so now the truck wont shift it just boggs down and then winds up up to top out. is there and way to reset my tranny? also i wont more power. not real crazy power but more would be better what motor to go with?
Old 06-23-2005, 11:18 PM
Ironhorz

Default RE: AE monster gt tanny prob.

ORIGINAL: LostHate

so the other day i tuned my motor to puLL wheelies. and seeN THAT it shifted to soon. so i tried to set it to shift later. only thing is i dont think i picked the right set screw to adjust. so i tried both.
so now the truck wont shift it just boggs down and then winds up up to top out. is there and way to reset my tranny? also i wont more power. not real crazy power but more would be better what motor to go with?
Hey man-

I did the same exact thing on mine and unfortunately the only way to guarantee the fix on it is to tear apart the tranny. Make sure that you reset that set screw onto the shaft correctly before you reassemble the tranny of you will have done all of that work for nothing. Use your directions and make sure to use some threadlock too. If you try to do it and run into something weire let me know and maybe I can help you out.

Now that I have the LST and the MGT I prefer the LST all the way around...

Laters...
Old 06-24-2005, 06:53 PM
LostHate

awww man that blows . i just ant got time for that lol. i have so many other cars im trying to get going. well looks like its going to hit the shelf for a while.
Old 06-24-2005, 06:55 PM
LostHate

well looks like its going ot hit the shelf for a while. i just ant going to have any time for a few weeks like 4 to 6 weeks. man that sucks i was just starting to like it.
Old 06-25-2005, 12:21 AM
Ironhorz

ORIGINAL: LostHate

well looks like its going ot hit the shelf for a while. i just ant going to have any time for a few weeks like 4 to 6 weeks. man that sucks i was just starting to like it.
It's not really that long of a job to be totally honest. The most important part is making sure you've got that setscrew in the correct position before putting the tranny back together. It should only take you an hour, maybe 1 1/2, to tear it apart, fix it and put it back together...
Old 06-26-2005, 06:10 PM
blackrain

it only takes a few minutes to take apart and next time the screw you adjust is the one on a slant angle also try running metal clutch shoes and 30% for more power out of stock engine. plus doing the forward only kit makes it faster on top and bottom. then when your tired of that engine drop a collari .30 on it and watch it flip on its back when you tap the throttle.
Old 06-26-2005, 11:07 PM
CR500rider

that same screw on my savage goes through a hole o the shaft so even if you did tihten or loosen it it should still hold just fine, just make sure it is tight. maybe look at your manual im sure there is an exploded parts vew
Old 06-27-2005, 06:56 PM
Ironhorz

ORIGINAL: CR500rider

that same screw on my savage goes through a hole o the shaft so even if you did tihten or loosen it it should still hold just fine, just make sure it is tight. maybe look at your manual im sure there is an exploded parts vew
The MGT doesn't work like that. It's set up like a pinion gear on an electric motor is. It just tightens down onto a flat spot on the shaft so if it's loosened it at all then it'll just slip and cause the truck to stay in first.