Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

can't decide!

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2005, 10:30 PM
peed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default can't decide!

hi everyone, well, my friend is going to buy a mt, and he is deciding between the tnx pro and a savage 25, before you start saying bad stuff, i just want to say i already searched, and i know every car has it pros and cons, i know the savage is a full basher, and the tnx is basher/racer, my friend is going to bash with my jato and my brothers lst.
i think he has $500 to spend, iknow there is a lot of aftermarket support for the savage, and for the tnx also
also i already saw the mt chart and saw what each cars has to give.
i don't want to start a flame, just want to know simple opinions of savage and tnx owners.

every adivice will be apreciated

ALEx
Old 06-29-2005, 10:45 PM
MountainMotor
My Feedback: (7)

Default RE: can't decide!

Hey Alex, you sound like you know the basics. Just look at the trucks and see if you drive them, they all have a different feel to them. Like you said the Savage is a full basher and the TNX is a basher/racer. Both do have pros and cons but both are nice trucks. If you know all the specs and info on them, then the final decision is yours. Everyones opinion is different. What characteristics are you looking for most, speed, size, durability, etc? Think about the characteristics.
Old 06-29-2005, 10:55 PM
peed

well i know the basics, my friend is looking for a fast and durable car, here in Bolivia theres only 1 lhs....and my lhs sucks, they don't sell any hop-ups for any car, they only sell micro street force[X(][X(].
my brother bought a txt-1 two years ago, and he learned there is not to much aftermarket for tamiya...this happens with the tnx?
i know everyone has different opinions, savage owners will say the savage is the best truck, and tnx owners will say that the tnx is the best truck.
just want to know what would you do if you'll be in my friends position.

also what do you guys think about the lightning stadium rr, beacuse that would be my friend third choise.... i know it is a truggy.

thanxs
Old 06-30-2005, 12:37 PM
Topher
My Feedback: (1)

personaly I would get the lightning just because its faster and will be able to jump higher and farther. The best thing to do is just to go and look at the trucks and find which style you like better.
Old 06-30-2005, 12:44 PM
peed

thanks man, well my friend is going to buy the car in 1 or 2 weeks, and i think he is going to buy the savage.

well this is for me, the lsr(lightning stadium rr) is $480, and the lsp is $520 in tower prices, i searched but i can't find anything of the lsr, do you know what are the main diferences between this cars?
Old 06-30-2005, 01:55 PM
DarkSavageX

the savage is good. stick with that
Old 06-30-2005, 03:09 PM
turbopwr

The TNX is a more fun truck. It is faster in every way and handles a ton better than the savage. Not to mention maintenance is alot easier on the TNX. Most of the people who say Savage have never seen a TNX run much less driven one. And yes I have driven both trucks.
Old 06-30-2005, 11:24 PM
MountainMotor
My Feedback: (7)

The TNX is faster and handles better but no one will deny the durability of the Savage. If he's looking for more of a racer that can bash then I'd tell him to get a TNX but if he wants an all out basher then I'd tell him to go with the Savage. Both are great overall trucks, just have different characteristics. I personally like the Savage better but nothing against the TNX. I have seen and driven almost every MT so I do know the differences.