RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Tuning MT's

Old 07-31-2005, 09:55 AM
yoclick

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tuning MT's

Hi,

Just bought an LST

Person i bought it from has the brakes on FULL when car is neutral and idling. He says this is how it should be? I always thought that the car should roll free when the transmitter is not being pushed in however he says this helps for safer changes to reverse? Wont have car running for a few days so just wondering, should i adjust it so no brake is applied when throttle or brake is applied?

Thannks
Old 07-31-2005, 10:42 AM
RCtruckRacer

Default RE: Tuning MT's

Yikes! Going around corners on my track would mean cart-wheeling every time! Yeah, put the brakes off or just barely on when the throttle is in neutral. I should think the truck would be very difficult to drive the way it is set up. I would agree that it is better to have the truck at a full stop with the brakes on full when shifting to reverse, but how would you negotiate a tight turn when the brakes are on full and you are trying to coast the first half of the turn?

JMO
Old 07-31-2005, 10:50 AM
yoclick

Default RE: Tuning MT's

What i was thinking, guy said this was how all the MT he had are setup and i was thinking....[sm=confused.gif]

Will get it sorted but im guessing the idle screw will need adjustment and therefore main needle aswell!