RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

CEN Monster: Genesis .46

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2005, 01:19 PM
CEN Racing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CEN Monster: Genesis .46

Hey everybody,

Its time to add a new monster to the fray. This will be the monster truck forum for CEN Racing. Here we will discuss the Genesis .46 monster and answer any questions you may have. Whether you're a CEN owner or an interested consumer this will be the place to come for info on the biggest baddest Monster around.
Old 08-15-2005, 01:23 PM
CEN Racing

Default RE: CEN Monster: Genesis .46

*Newsflash*

Andy Smolnick TQs 1/8th scale and Big Block Monster truck running his CEN Matrix Buggy and Genesis Truck. Andy took the TQ in Monster Truck over Tamiya's Jimmy Jacobsen and David Jun by more than 9 seconds in both the first and second round. Andy also won the Truggy class by 15 laps over Jimmy Jacobsen (Jimmy was not 2nd place) using his Genesis Monster truck. We would like to congratulate Andy on his success and thank him for his hard work and dedication. He really does a great job.

Also representing for CEN was Willam Copley whom did a fantastic job in Big Block Monster truck finishing 3rd with his CEN Genesis. William is the man responsible for the Genesis setup sheets and he has been tearing up tracks all over the midwest for some time now. CEN would like to give William a big thank you and congratulate him on his finish as well.

Overall it was a great race for the CEN team and we can't wait for Andy to get back to Southern California so we can shower him in champagne. (Non-alchoholic of course)

Jeremy
CEN Customer Service
Old 08-15-2005, 02:02 PM
ThermalRD

Congrats on the win! Im still a bit concerned with my Genesis though. The half tank lean issue is still over heating my engine. I get to the half way point, and thats when i start seeing temps in the 280's. Not only is it bad for the engine, it results in erratic performance. Im getting a nice stream of smoke up top as well. When i first start the truck, it takes a minute or two to warm up. Once there i am getting good performance until that half tank point, and beyond. Then it gets real hot. If i tune it for cooler running, and proper performance later in the tank, then i can barely get it to start again. That first half of tank will end up extremely rich if i tune for cooler running later in the tank. Any ideas? Im pulling the carb right now, and sealing it. Hoping that will help a little.
Old 08-15-2005, 04:21 PM
ThermalRD

Well.... nevermind the over heating issue.... I just lost a gear on the clutch bell. It took about a half tank of tuning, and climbing thru ditches, and high speed passes at the park... Very frustrated today.
Old 08-16-2005, 10:22 PM
NitroRunner

how fast does the genesis go?
Old 08-18-2005, 02:15 PM
ross_jsy

are genesis' any good because in the model shop where i work we are always gettin genesis' that people want to sell because they are to slow or break easy and stuff. what do the owners think. i was going to get one but i was put off

thnks
Old 08-18-2005, 02:40 PM
RC30GTR

I have mine for quite some time now and still loving it. NO problem whatsoever... Kick ass torque and speed...
Old 08-18-2005, 05:13 PM
Andrew Smolnik

The GENESIS is definately a solid truck. Since I have been racing it, I have really been able to appreciate the durability of it. Why I feel that some people have issues with it, is In my opinion, the fact the the GENESIS is definately for the hobby enthusiast. It does have a slew of parts, gears, tuning capabilites, set ups etc. I definately would not recommend it for a first vehicle. But for anyone that knows the basic mechanics of nitro powered monster trucks, it is an awsome truck. I look forward to driving it. I actually get that "feeling" everytime I walk up the stand before driving it. It is by far one of the funnest Monster Trucks I have ever driven.

CEN Racing has acknowledge the fact that the GENESIS is not neccessarily for beginners: Their answer to the consumer that wants a a brut horsepower Monster truck with minimal maintenance is....... The NEMESIS 7.7.

The NEMESIS is derived from the GENESIS, but will only come with two external speeds only, and no reverse, and no Dimension X shock system. The color will be different etc. It will allow the consumer's to go out and competitively race.

When I race my GENESIS I remove the internal third speed, reverse system and top shocks anyways. I also install a .28 engine and put on lower profile race tires. THe .28 throws more rpms (but less torque) to push the GEN about 40-45 mph. Just about the same speed as any competition 1/8th scale buggy.

Just some info.

THanks guys.

Andrew
CEN
Old 08-18-2005, 05:45 PM
ThermalRD

Andrew, so you mean to tell me that CEN IS going to put the Nemesis into production? CENracing had said no to that on the radio control zone thread. That really SUCKS!!! Since i just bought the Limited Edition. [:@]
Old 08-19-2005, 06:30 AM
Supertronic Systems-Malta

ThermalRD,

I had seen the Nemesis on the radio control zone website,It looked
great and also its good to see that its in production.

You can buy that next
Old 08-19-2005, 06:53 AM
arnee

Can somebody post some pictures of the new nemesis since I hane been banned from radio control zone forum ? please
Old 08-19-2005, 12:42 PM
Andrew Smolnik

Thermal,

The NEMESIS, will indeed be in production... but will not be out for a while.

The following items will be released from CEN very soon:

CEN Matrix C-1 RTR 1/8th scale buggy

CEN Mini Madness 1/18th scale electric RTR Monster Truck

New uprade line from CEN Racing for the GENESIS 46
Old 08-19-2005, 12:57 PM
fantomas
My Feedback: (3)

Old 08-19-2005, 01:05 PM
Scouser

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

If this truck is in the pipeline, why not cover all bases and release it as a kit with engine, a kit with no engine and as an RTR. The Savage has shown a swing towards the popularity of building your own truck and it may be a good time to follow in the footsteps of HPI. Just a thought.
Old 08-19-2005, 07:46 PM
fantomas

Im with you scouser! If they offered the nemesis in a kit form I would get one.
Old 08-19-2005, 08:57 PM
tomandemmy
My Feedback: (1)

any links to nemesis info?
Old 08-19-2005, 09:16 PM
fantomas

here ya go , but its not much http://forums.radiocontrolzone.com/s...d.php?t=198181
Old 08-20-2005, 02:38 AM
CEN Racing

Guys:

THe Genesis 46 Setup sheet is now available on our website www.cenracing.com

You will find Andrew's and William's personal setups for all the races. More setup sheets are comign
Old 08-20-2005, 08:07 AM
nitrohead5300

ORIGINAL: ThermalRD

Congrats on the win! Im still a bit concerned with my Genesis though. The half tank lean issue is still over heating my engine. I get to the half way point, and thats when i start seeing temps in the 280's. Not only is it bad for the engine, it results in erratic performance. Im getting a nice stream of smoke up top as well. When i first start the truck, it takes a minute or two to warm up. Once there i am getting good performance until that half tank point, and beyond. Then it gets real hot. If i tune it for cooler running, and proper performance later in the tank, then i can barely get it to start again. That first half of tank will end up extremely rich if i tune for cooler running later in the tank. Any ideas? Im pulling the carb right now, and sealing it. Hoping that will help a little.
.................................................. ........ThermalRD I had that problem too with my Zilla. It was not my carb but the shape of the fuel tank itself that contributed to the leaning issue. One possible solution to the leaning issue is to use 2 fuel tanks like the chopper guys do it is called the header tank mod. Another possilbe solution is to used the uniflow modfication. On http://www.savage-central.com if you use the search you will find directions and pictures for the modifications .
Old 08-21-2005, 07:33 PM
silverman1

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

As a Genesis owner i would like to see CEN answer thermal's question!!! He asked I noticed no response from Cen or Andrew Just beating around the bush. Tell us what we need to do to solve this issue. I can tune most engines without any issues, big block or small.

My other question is what glow plug to run, if you don't have easy access to cen glow plugs, a short plug, long plug, Os 8, or 3, McCoy 59 or 8, or 9??

Cen we would truly appreciate your input!!!

Thanks
Old 08-22-2005, 09:51 PM
Jected

CEN,

Are the new upgraded parts available as yet. If not....how long?????

Want a set of the new alloy shocks, centre transmission upgrade, diff case upgrades etc.

Daniel.
Old 08-23-2005, 12:58 PM
ross_jsy

hey CEN guy how come you have kept the flimsy roll bar on it. that thing bends like a piece of butter.
Old 08-23-2005, 01:15 PM
ThermalRD

Its not the same roll bar. Mine is very thick, and does not flex.

ORIGINAL: ross_jsy

hey CEN guy how come you have kept the flimsy roll bar on it. that thing bends like a piece of butter.
Old 08-27-2005, 07:40 PM
RC30GTR

My friend's Genesis LE next to a LST...

Damn.. i want the MX3 [&:]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pm34766.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	74.3 KB
ID:	316017  
Old 09-02-2005, 06:48 PM
choppermikez
My Feedback: (11)

hey cen what size r the wheel hexs on the cen genesis?? will i need to change them to get ofna rims or will they fit the ofna rims and tires thanks yall

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.