Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

JR xs3 radio adjustments, help please?

Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

JR xs3 radio adjustments, help please?

Old 09-09-2005, 09:00 PM
silverman1

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default JR xs3 radio adjustments, help please?

I've tried reading through my manual, and it just confuses me more. I started by holding the channel and scroll but as specified, and turning on the radio. It said scroll to channel in the manual. I then tried adjusting the channel on the radio, I have a 75mhz radio wich gives me from 60 to 90 i think. But the channel did not adjust up, the radio just flipped to another mode, like throttle epa or something like that.

My other questions are do you want throttle epa set at 0% Or 100% I have the same question about the steering and brakes.

I know I may sound like a dunce here, but this digital stuff is not my strong suit, although Im sure once i get the hang of it I'll love having this radio and the airtronics mx3. My strong suit is enigines.

Oh yeah how do you save individual models to?

Thanks for any help
Old 09-10-2005, 09:12 PM
proxpilot
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: JR xs3 radio adjustments, help please?

your EPA's should be set at 100% unless you need a lil more through, as far as the models go you should just hold scroll/channel turn it on it should say MDL just scroll up to two and put it the settings you want and it should save automaticly
Old 09-12-2005, 07:26 AM
gerwen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: JR xs3 radio adjustments, help please?

Hold down scroll and channel and turn the radio on to get into setup mode. To change the channel from there press the Scroll key until β€œCH” appears on the screen, then press Increase or Decrease key to set the channel.

Setting up your end points (EPA) is something you do while you are sitting in front of the car. Set each of the steering end points so that the wheels go to their full travel just as you fully turn the tx's wheel to full lock. Do this for left and right.

If your car is electric, you can leave the throttle and brake end points alone, and just setup your esc. For nitro, you want to set the throttle epa so that the carb *just* gets to full open as the trigger reaches the full throttle position. The brakes are more of a preference thing. You can set it so that you get full brakes as you get all the way forward with the trigger, or some lesser postion so that you don't lock them right up.

You should also set the throttle deadband so that as you just touch the throttle, the radio takes up all the slack in the linkage and just barely moves the carb open a sliver.

The manual isn't too bad if you read it carefully while you have the Tx in your hand to do as it says.