Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

MAMMOTH ST brakes..........

Old 09-27-2005, 10:02 PM
sikntired
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MAMMOTH ST brakes..........

Or should I say lack of!!! OK guys and gals heres one for ya! The brakes on this thing are absolutely horrid!!! It takes a good 15-20 feet to stop, it doesnt even slow down all that great!! I have tried messing w/ the linkage, sanding the discs down but nothing!! Their is no way this thing could ever be allowed on a track, it would damage something or someone!!! It needs either an anchor or a parachute! Now I know why they made the front bumper stick out so damn far!!!! It needs all the cushion it can get!
Old 09-28-2005, 07:08 AM
binaryterror

Default RE: MAMMOTH ST brakes..........

Wow...like I said, my Mammoth ST with far more power than stock brakes as good as my revo even on dirtburners track...

Granted I am using a different throttle/brake servo but when I did use the stock 311, I finished 2nd at Lansing's MGR race.
Old 09-28-2005, 09:18 AM
sikntired

HAHAHAHA!!!! You again!!! I will bring her up there sunday (unless somthing comes up!?!?) and let you fiddle around w/ it. I swear for the life of me I just cant get these brakes to stop me, slow me down...well kinda, stop me noooooooope! I appreciate the help man, I had four guys out at the monroe track look at it and the only advice they really had was to switch the whole setup and try and get a 1/8 buggy setup to go in there! thanks again! Oh and thanks for letting me know you meant sunday, and not today! I live an hour away so that wouldve have been a nice little trip for nothing!!LOL
Old 09-29-2005, 08:07 PM
aluminum crusher

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: sikntired

Or should I say lack of!!! OK guys and gals heres one for ya! The brakes on this thing are absolutely horrid!!! It takes a good 15-20 feet to stop, it doesnt even slow down all that great!! I have tried messing w/ the linkage, sanding the discs down but nothing!! Their is no way this thing could ever be allowed on a track, it would damage something or someone!!! It needs either an anchor or a parachute! Now I know why they made the front bumper stick out so damn far!!!! It needs all the cushion it can get!
HMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmm lets see[sm=idea.gif], I GOT IT all you have to do is remove the brake pads from the brake shoes . YOU DO NOT NEED THE BRAKE PADS ON THOSE BRAKE SHOES TRY IT YOU WILL LOVE IT[sm=sunsmiley.gif][sm=thumbup.gif]
Old 09-29-2005, 10:34 PM
binaryterror

But without the pads you will get stop or no stop...no nice progression.
Old 09-30-2005, 08:55 AM
aluminum crusher

ORIGINAL: binaryterror

You will get STOPPING POWER BIG TIME adjust your amount of servo throw if your getting to much brake. TRY IT YOU WILL LIKE IT
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	If10603.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	61.2 KB
ID:	331520  
Old 09-30-2005, 09:26 AM
binaryterror

ORIGINAL: aluminum crusher

ORIGINAL: binaryterror

You will get STOPPING POWER BIG TIME adjust your amount of servo throw if your getting to much brake. TRY IT YOU WILL LIKE IT

I am a racer, stopping without the fiber pads means locking up the wheels, which means no steering, which means NO winning. I've tried this trick on many other non-race trucks I've had, yes it does stop better, but you lose the progressive feeling and the ability to control braking. Again my thoughts are on RACING braking, not just to stop fast.
Old 09-30-2005, 07:13 PM
sikntired

I was told by someone else to try that method, then as I was leaving the track someone else came running up to me and told me forget it and not to do it that the guy doesnt know what he is talking about!?!? I will say this though, I will defintely keep it in mind as a last resort mothed!! Hey Binary, they got some racing going on down in Monroe this saturday (tomorrow), not sure on the exact start time, I believe around noonish! The track is HUGE!!! Last time I was down there it seemed like the LST is pretty popular w/ the guys!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj23651.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	91.4 KB
ID:	331740   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dy79121.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	98.8 KB
ID:	331741   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mr39687.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	93.9 KB
ID:	331742   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk25804.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	68.2 KB
ID:	331743  
Old 09-30-2005, 09:46 PM
binaryterror

Yeah the Monroe track looks good....LST's do seem popular.

Though I race, and this year they won't have a scoring system, so I'm headed indoors to Dirtburners.
Old 10-02-2005, 09:19 PM
aluminum crusher

Bin terror your right it does lock up the brakes for racing... but some fuel tube or a inkpen spring can smooth out things to the point of love[sm=kiss.gif] LOL. Also we are hear for sharing suggestions & advice these are just my suggestions that work well for me and others (I'am not a R/C guru I'am the BIGG THE MIGHTY ALUMINUM CRUSHER LOL ). I also done the same to my savage and others have done it to there LST and they love it.[sm=sunsmiley.gif]