RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

XTM Mammoth ST

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2005, 08:53 AM
BAMF90
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default XTM Mammoth ST

Upon breaking in, starting for the first time, we did not see fuel in the Mammoth ST's lines and flooded the engine while priming it. (All happened while going directly from instruction booklet) We fixed the flooding and realized that my glow starter was dead. We removed the fuel tank and dumped the excess fuel back into the quart. There are little bubbles of fuels inside the lines, is this a problem? If there is any fuel residue in the enigine that isn't visible, is that a problem too? THanks!
Old 10-01-2005, 03:12 PM
REVOJoe

Default RE: XTM Mammoth ST

First ,take a relaxing breath of air................... , alright while relaxed remove glow plug and turn truck upside down, then upriht it and put glow plug back in snug , then back it out 1/2 turn so air can escape out glow plug hole if flodded. While glow plug is out 1/2 turn put glow plug starter with good batteries in it on the glow plug and pull the cord. Use quick short snaps of the pull cord, only pulling out maybe 6 or so inches of cord. If it doesn't crank in about 10 pulls REMOVE glow starter and put your finger over the exhaust hole and pull cord until fuel just barely reaches carburator( called priming). Then put glow starter back on and pull until it cranks. If still no go, tighten glow plug and prime again, put glow starter on and pull cord.
If this doesn't work check your needle settings with factory specs to be sure your carb isn't out of wack ( technical term), or go to Global hobbies forum for XTM help.

Hope this helps.... and remember , patience is precisious in a situation like this. It is easy to get mad a sell it for scrap , so remember me when you want to give it to someone for merely shipping costs alone, I'll be happy to give it a good home
Joe
Old 10-01-2005, 03:19 PM
REVOJoe

Oh yea, check out the upgrades you can do for your XTM ST.
Chassis braces
Hi Tech 945MG steering servo
alum lower a arms
big ol fuel tank
alum servo saver
NIMH receiver batts w/ charger cord
come to think of it, I have spent more on upgrades than the truck to start with[]
Joe
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj23903.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	78.5 KB
ID:	332220   Click image for larger version

Name:	Av67316.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	78.8 KB
ID:	332221  
Old 10-01-2005, 04:33 PM
sikntired
My Feedback: (5)

Also from what I hear on the global site, it would be wise to put some shims in the diffs.; both front and rear.

Hey REVO, how do you like the brakes on the ST? Just curious!
Old 10-01-2005, 07:28 PM
REVOJoe

Hey,
The brakes on my ST are the best of any of my trucks. Flat lock em up on bout any surface. It is a fine line to get em perfect ,chance of too close and rubbing ,and throttle trim will upset the adjustment if I'm not careful, but none the less , the best brakes of my fleet.
Why do you ask?????? , I just reassembled the truck today from just about an empty chassis, thought you saw something in my pic that was hooked up backwards or something, as it has not been run since the rebuild ( added chassis braces this weekend). Knowing my state of mind working with a 3 year old at my heels it would not surprise me if I forgot to install the linkage or something
Joe
Old 10-02-2005, 08:52 AM
BAMF90
My Feedback: (1)

My problem is the XTM glow starter, the thing won't charge. No directions came with it from Hobby People. Check out my XTM Glow Starter post in RC Car General Discussions. When I get the glow plug working, then I'll be able to break it in.
Old 10-02-2005, 10:52 AM
sikntired
My Feedback: (5)

Nothing wrong from what I can see in the pics! I cant get these brakes to do squat! They are just enough to slow me down! I'm not new to this kinda stuff but man I just cant seem to get these things to work!! I was supposed to head up to the track today and let BT take a look at it but I dont know if time will allow it!!
Old 10-02-2005, 01:35 PM
REVOJoe

Come to think of it, my brakes may have gotten much better when I put in a 6v. rechargable receiver pack in it. Maybe it's just to much for the 4.8v. alkalines that come stock?
JOe
Old 10-02-2005, 06:56 PM
badxlt

so does ever one here like the mammoth st is it strong and fast you now that kind of stuff. im a racer and i think im going to buy a new truck and would like to now if i would be going wrong with this truck or not.
Old 04-05-2008, 12:52 AM
kolester9

My mammoth is being really retarded. The guy i bought it from was kinda creepy and was always like how do you "prime you engine" he didnt tell us much about the truck either just said put out finger over the carborator then pull, well wrong he was we pulled the string comes out for the pull start!!!!. It took us so long just to start the thing, were is electirc start??

Is it alot easier to start after you get it broken in???

I think i will take some of the advice from some of you guys about starting it because mine would always air lock so do a half turn with the glow plug???
Old 04-05-2008, 09:36 AM
ssj2

ORIGINAL: kolester9

My mammoth is being really retarded. The guy i bought it from was kinda creepy and was always like how do you "prime you engine" he didnt tell us much about the truck either just said put out finger over the carborator then pull, well wrong he was we pulled the string comes out for the pull start!!!!. It took us so long just to start the thing, were is electirc start??

Is it alot easier to start after you get it broken in???

I think i will take some of the advice from some of you guys about starting it because mine would always air lock so do a half turn with the glow plug???
This is such an unbelievably old thread, from 2005 if you didn't notice. You'd be much better getting answers in this thread from the Truggy Forum: http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_4451350/tm.htm
Old 04-05-2008, 01:20 PM
rclynx

The electric start thats made for it is a [link=http://xtm-dealer.com/zencart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=13&products_id=180]Sure Start[/link] and it works quite well. As far as the starting is concerned nothing could be farther from the right way to start it than put your finger over the carb [&:] a drop of fuel or with the electric start finger over the exhaust pipe till fluid gets up to the carb [:-] when set up right that SH engine is easier than most to start and run
Old 04-19-2008, 09:04 AM
kolester9

My mammoth doesnt seem to click into second and it sure aint going fast is it jsut tuning or is there jsut something wrong with the engine you think?
Old 04-19-2008, 10:36 AM
ssj2

My mammoth doesnt seem to click into second and it sure aint going fast is it jsut tuning or is there jsut something wrong with the engine you think?
You may have to adjust the shift point, those directions can be found in the manual.
Old 04-19-2008, 11:43 AM
rclynx

It has to be running real well before you get it to shift (good High RPM's) otherwise yes its an adjustment or cleaning [&o]
Old 04-20-2008, 11:59 AM
kolester9

And where would this shift point be located to adjust it? And How should i adjust it?
Old 04-20-2008, 12:37 PM
ssj2

And where would this shift point be located to adjust it? And How should i adjust it?
Everything regarding the shift point should be located in the manual. If you don't have a manual, it can be seen here: http://media.hobbypeople.net/manual/145619.pdf
Old 04-20-2008, 02:10 PM
kolester9

Alrighy.
Old 05-17-2008, 04:23 AM
rclynx

Well darn, had to dig this old thread up because of the new kid on the block thats taking over for the Mammoth st.........................hope it brings back the flair that the old Mammoth had,and it just might [link=http://www.xtm-dealer.com/Truggy.html]X st[/link]