Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

What is the longest lasting, and most reliable MT

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

What is the longest lasting, and most reliable MT

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2005, 08:07 PM
jkrustchinsky
Banned
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is the longest lasting, and most reliable MT

Im getting a mt soon and want the most reliable and toughest right out of the box, it cannot be a savage though becaus ethe guy down the street from me has one,

out of these,

Mammoth
Mammoth ST
Kyosho Mad Force, my personal favoriote but need info on reliablitly
T-maxx
Old 10-03-2005, 08:18 PM
RCtruckRacer

Default RE: What is the longest lasting, and most reliable MT

My Isuzu!!!!

JK, you may want to consider a Revo. Other than that, check out what your LHS carries and supports.
Old 10-03-2005, 09:54 PM
kawasaki madman

TOP THREE: Revo, Monster GT, Savage Not exactly in that order but you can't go wrong w/ either, some might be easier to work on than others, and parts availability should be good anywhere you go. This of course is just my opinion. I personally started out w/ TMaxx, then Savage, then LST, have run w/ a few MGTs and they are awesome, and the monster truck class where I race is about 97% Revo b/c of it's superior handling and durability
Old 10-03-2005, 10:19 PM
fantomas
My Feedback: (3)

What happen to the terra crusher??

Anyways here ya go
Old 10-04-2005, 07:50 AM
jkrustchinsky
Banned

yeah ive already searched and read factory reviews but i dont trust those things man, i want personal experience with the vehicles, this will be my ninth car and i want this one to actually run
Old 10-04-2005, 08:47 AM
Balact Man
My Feedback: (6)

Mad Force is the way to go. i own 2 ofna titans, 2 t-maxx, 1 FG leopard, 1 rustler, 1 ofna dominator, 1 ofna 9.5 buggy, 1 txt-1 just to name a few which i really enjoy from my collection. i own over 20. yet every time i feel like running all day without any headaches i leave my house with only 2 trucks, my Mad Force and my FG leopard. i usually end up running the Mad Force most of the time. you can't beat its power, its light weight, and its tank like strengh. it may not have reverse but other than that it is one the BEST 1/8 scale trucks one can buy. oh, and my Mad Force is all factory parts and is over 3 years old. haven't broken a part yet.

p.s. go to MadForce.net for more info.
Old 10-04-2005, 09:01 AM
tzque

I dont know anyone that owns the mad force so I can not comment on that truck . Will you bash with your neighbor . the Lst revo and MGT are good trucks to run with against a savage , My soon has a tmaxx and out of all the trucks I have it has been the most reliable
Old 10-04-2005, 10:16 AM
dfn_doe

ORIGINAL: Balact Man
you can't beat its power, its light weight, and its tank like strengh. it may not have reverse but other than that it is one the BEST 1/8 scale trucks one can buy. oh, and my Mad Force is all factory parts and is over 3 years old. haven't broken a part yet.
Aside from not having reverse, the madforce is one of the few trucks in the current generation of MTs that doesn't have independant suspension. I'd say that is probably the number one reason for it's reliability. Less suspension components and less places for weak hinge and pivot points. I'm not so sure I buy the claim that it has "unbeatable power" since the .21 motor in it is far from the strongest motor available in 1/10 MTs especially stuff like the Savage SS 4.6, CEN Genesis .46, Lost LST .26 etc... Heck even the claim of it's light weight is kinda dubious considering it weighs almost the exact same as the Savage.

Hehe, then again everything is a trade off, if durability is the number one goal then the combination of simplified suspension and drivetrain matched with a smaller engine could be exactly the ticket...
Old 10-04-2005, 11:48 AM
redbarton

Just get a Savage if you want a tough truck...Besides, I think the MadForce is discontinued. Get something you can get parts for at your local shop. That Associated MGT 4.6SE is tempting.
Old 10-04-2005, 05:48 PM
cman9toes

He doesn't want a savage, per his first post. Revo is a extremely tough truck. Have yet to brake anything while bashing very rough. I have ripped a dust boot.
A the best choise if you want to make the jump to racing at some point in the future.
Old 10-04-2005, 06:56 PM
RenegadeRevo
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: jkrustchinsky

Im getting a mt soon and want the most reliable and toughest right out of the box, it cannot be a savage though becaus ethe guy down the street from me has one,

out of these,

Mammoth
Mammoth ST
Kyosho Mad Force, my personal favoriote but need info on reliablitly
T-maxx

my opinion... "the most reliable and toughest right out of the box" wouldn't be any of those. Since you can't have a Savage.. because your neighbor has one... a Revo or LST would be my 2 next picks. I would say out of the box, the Revo is the toughest. The LST can be made pretty tough with some aftermarket parts, but if we're talking straight-out of the box durability... Revo would be my pick.
Old 10-04-2005, 07:14 PM
jkrustchinsky
Banned

cool thanks guys, does anyone know about the x factor 2? i got out of electric crawling, and sicne ive been goin nitro for awhile the x factor would be pimp
Old 10-04-2005, 07:49 PM
proxpilot

if you are buddies with da guy with the savage and you plan on running together, it would probably be a Good idea to get a savage esspecially if he is experienced with the truck, me and three other of my buddies all have savages, my buddie rob has 4 i have 2 soon to be 3, my friend greg has 1 and my friend mark has 1. between all of us if we break something while were out bashing it's a matter of mins before the truck is back running cuz we all have such a huge parts inventory and experience with the truck, so if i need something they usually have it, if i dont.
Old 10-04-2005, 09:23 PM
RenegadeRevo
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: jkrustchinsky

cool thanks guys, does anyone know about the x factor 2? i got out of electric crawling, and sicne ive been goin nitro for awhile the x factor would be pimp

It's a pretty cool truck.. not as fast nor as durable as some of the others mentioned (Revo, etc) It's a different setup than the others, though... the X-Factor2 is more of a "nitro crawler" even though Nitro trucks aren't the best for crawling... it's really going to depend on what you're wanting to do with it... if you plan on jumping a lot... and bashing hard, I would say the X-factor is not going to be the best truck for ya. If you plan on doing some slower stuff... rock crawling.. and easy/general bashing... the XF2 would be a great truck to buy. It has a 24.7, which is a great engine.
Old 10-05-2005, 04:56 PM
jkrustchinsky
Banned

yeah but i want somthing cooler than his, he went nuts when he saw my tamiya trial hummer and my trial touareg, and then he saw my reflex nt with picco .12 move so he went and bought a tc3+ to keep up with it, hes got alot of extra cash but little knowhow of where to get rc trucks such as the x factor, he would die when he saw it
Old 10-05-2005, 05:24 PM
silverman1

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Who are you buying it for you or your buddy? If you want an X Factor I got a brand new one never fired up, sulliven tiger drive, although I do have the pull start for it. Its brand new, never run $300.00 plus shipping. Now if you want something for yourself that is relaible, and you can get parts for readily, the big 5, Savage, Revo, MGT, Tmaxx, Losi LST. They are the most popular. If you have to mail order for most parts Like i do because the nearest hobby shop is like 50 miles away, chose your choice of any truck.

The 2 trucks that have impressed me most and I own all of these except for the Tmaxx, are the Tamiya TNX, and the Cen MT2 not a full size monster. They both run fantastic and can really take a pounding!!!!
Old 10-05-2005, 05:34 PM
proxpilot

if you want something cooler get the Losi LST, the shocks on that thing are bigger than the savage.
Old 10-05-2005, 06:15 PM
IslandSavage

My MGT is solid as a rock... Seen more up time than my savage... But in all fairness my Savage was my 1st nitro (i own 6 now), so im sure alot of the down time was my own doing...[]...I have repaored and replaced some things on it, all i need now is a .27 or up and it will be up and running strong...
Old 10-05-2005, 06:20 PM
FE_Chris
My Feedback: (2)

Don't buy a CEN MT2, it will be a nightmare, there is ALL KINDS of things that just break and that you have to do to the truck to make it bash worthy. Not even close to the "longest lasting" or "most reliable" monster trucks. My opinion is get a savage or a XTM Mammoth ST. Can't go wrong with that for 339$ at tower (minu$ whatever cool deal they might have going on too) and they do close to 50MPH i believe.
Old 10-06-2005, 12:43 PM
lloydy

Go Mad force.. it is NOT discontinued and will as solid as a rock. It will NOT beat your m8s Savage in a race, stock that is.. but it will run for longer and will be more reliable. Kyosho are a huge brand and you cna get bits anywhere in the world too. Yes I do own 1.
Old 10-06-2005, 02:43 PM
PillowPants

I have a t-maxx, my little brother has a savage 2, and my best friend (12Stones) has a Savage 4.6k and i can honestly say that my LST out performs every single one of them. The savage 4.6K is a VERY tough competitor and would probably last 2-times as long as my LST in a hardcore bash, but off of the line it'd be left in the dust. So i'd say get either the LST or savage 4.6K. Can't go wrong with either one.
Old 10-06-2005, 02:51 PM
Balact Man
My Feedback: (6)

ORIGINAL: lloydy

Go Mad force.. it is NOT discontinued and will as solid as a rock. It will NOT beat your m8s Savage in a race, stock that is.. but it will run for longer and will be more reliable. Kyosho are a huge brand and you cna get bits anywhere in the world too. Yes I do own 1.

........thank you lloydy for your support on this subject. The Mad Force 1/8 scale nitro is one of the few (savage included) trucks which will stand the test of time and punishment. may not be the "Best" rc truck but is one of "THE BEST".....................
Old 10-06-2005, 04:47 PM
jkrustchinsky
Banned

thanks guys, its between the x factor and a mad force, ill decide in a few days when my ebay auctions end and i have cash
Old 10-06-2005, 08:54 PM
BigGrump

I have a MGT, Savage SS, and a REVO..

The Revo is hands down the best truck of the bunch after I put in an OS Tm engine, rpm a-arms and several different sets of tires.

I hate to say it, but the REVO is tougher than my savage and mgt and frankly more fun to use.

Just my opinion. If I could have only one, it would be the REVO.

Dennis
Old 10-06-2005, 09:04 PM
Kemo

ORIGINAL: Maddance27

What happen to the terra crusher??
Way too many problems with the FRAT transmission. So bad that even the rc mechanics at the hobbyshops near here wouldn't even take the truck in for repairs.