Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Dirt Burner Racing Race #1 Monster Truck

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Dirt Burner Racing Race #1 Monster Truck

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2005, 10:21 PM
revomanmi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Dirt Burner Racing Race #1 Monster Truck

Saw 2 was SICK!!!! Chris the challenge is on buddie, you looked awesome out there man. I look forward to the challenge, I better do something this revo is busted up man or you will own me! lol . oh yea and I just wanted to say thanks to you all for the help you have given me, you guys are great. its like ive known you for years or something. you guys all ran awesome, congrats to eddie for finishing 2nd, your sick with some stuff you do man, we need to talk I need some pointers. lol
Old 11-06-2005, 10:25 PM
binaryterror

Wow a public call out...

Reminds me of the days when Gabe tried running with the Monster Truck class...now he's givin' up since he never beat me to date
Old 11-06-2005, 10:32 PM
elite
My Feedback: (2)

WOW....not that he will ever see this post or even know how to find it LMAO!

ORIGINAL: binaryterror

Wow a public call out...

Reminds me of the days when Gabe tried running with the Monster Truck class...now he's givin' up since he never beat me to date
Old 11-06-2005, 10:41 PM
-Fast-Eddie

troubles a brewin on these here forums lol next sunday looks to be goooodd lol
Old 11-06-2005, 11:10 PM
ThermalRD

Oh man, more challenges. Rockin! I think the greatest thing right now, is how fast we all are. Man, that A-main coulda gone to several different fast guys.

Doda, if you havent setup those diffs yet, you'll wanna do that. You'll find a world of control, and drivability with a proper setup. Lets find a starting point for ya.

Front diff 7k
Center diff 10k
Rear diff 3k

Front toe out 1-1.5 degrees
Rear toe in 2.5-3 degrees
Camber 3 degrees negative front
Camber 2 degrees negative rear

I cant point out any suspension tips until i've felt the truck, or had feedback from you on how it handles. But thats a good starting point right there.
Old 11-06-2005, 11:58 PM
Ken448

if my stooopid TZ comes in, Im whoopin all y'allz butts next Sunday (nah, I never have time to get out there on Suundays) But Ill own the track on Fridays! ahahahahahahahahahahaha

Great to see you did well Eric, keep it up, youll be adicted soon! Sell that beast of a motor and get a "tame" TM haha Or keep the RB for bashing and Ill hook you up with race truck parts (new revo's arriving at my house daily)
Old 11-07-2005, 07:29 AM
revomanmi

LOL, I my last engine in this revo was a TM, I never raced and sold it for the RB(more power) now I do want the TM again but really dont want to loose my shirt. We will see. I would like a brand new revo? lol
Old 11-07-2005, 07:33 AM
FE_Chris

What can I say, sometimes you gotta put your money where your mouth is!!!!! and hey, my brother always taught me to set goals, so whippin eric's ***** at the next race is my goal I found out what killed the mayhem during b-main, the stupid pillow ball just loosened up from the screw off the end of the bottom front suspension arm, which left enough play for my fron left CV to work its way out from the cup. All I did when I took it apart to fix it was put thread lock on, and slap her back together. I noticed a LOT of slop/play in my center dogbones, they move back and forth in the cups about 3/4mm!!!! That can't be good!!!!! So I think I am going to have to rip it all down this week and take thermal's advice and use some differant diff lube. Gotta get to work, later dudes.
ORIGINAL: elite

WOWWWWWWWWWW ERIC revomanMI is being callllled out - I think its a challlllllenge!!!

Mayhem st tail lights LOL.........or RB smoke in mayhem st's face.....we will sooooon find out! hahahahahaha
Old 11-07-2005, 08:27 AM
revomanmi

Chris, nice goal man. I have always been a goal oriented person my self and my goal is not only to kick your !@#, Im planning on making the A this next race. lol but I do love you truck and hope you get it running awesome
Old 11-07-2005, 08:31 AM
binaryterror

ORIGINAL: DodamissC

I noticed a LOT of slop/play in my center dogbones, they move back and forth in the cups about 3/4mm!!!! That can't be good!!!!!
Thats about normal for an RTR non "Pro" spec type truggy. You can put some small sections of fuel tube or some small o-rings in the cup before the dog bone, but it's not necessarily a problem. My Mammoth ST has a good 2-3mm movement in the cups.

All this trash talk going, I swaer I want a good race report since I'll be away!
Old 11-07-2005, 10:23 AM
GT Batman

Hi guys, I am the guy with LST. Sorry for all of you that I have ran over or wrecked[&o] Anyway, my LST felt pretty good last race, if I can ever learn how to drive it I could maybe make the A main I am only driving about 1/4 throttle through most of the track, my truck is really loose in that "S" section. Any setup tips for the LST? I never see any out there (maybe there is a reason for that). Looks like we will have a good battle in the B group next week. Doda, I'll see what I can do to make sure the mayhem sees nothing but LST taillights[8D] I woulda had a good main as well if the cvd pin in my right front dind't back out. That turned my truck into a donut machine.
Old 11-07-2005, 10:38 AM
ThermalRD

Skyodyssey, you have that pimped out LST right? With all the hop ups, and ti-nitride stuff? Truck looks good out there. With proper setup, it should eat up most the trucks on that track. I used to run an LST, and it was fast. Real fast on that track. Lets see how much i remember.

On my LST i ran 25wt TL shock oil.
Black springs rear.
White springs front.

That created a slight nose down situation on jumps, and thats what i liked. That slipper design is awesome on that LST. You can really hammer it without hurting gears. So i drive aggressive, hitting the down side of jumps on power.

You could do about 1 degree toe out up front. No more than 2 degrees in at the rear. That truck steers like crazy already. If you havent learned how to setup a radio yet, ask me at the race next week. I'll throw some negative EXP on your steering, to about 30%. That'll keep you in control, and driving smooth thru turns. I believe you have camber adjustments with those RPM arms, so go with 3 degrees camber up front, and 2 degrees rear. 30k diff oil front and rear, 50-70% full. Now, depending on the weight of your LST, due to mods, the spring setup might change. But that should give you a great starting point. And dont be shy man. Come over and chat with the rest of the MT crew. BTW, the LST population is going to grow by atleast 1 in December. Hehe... I've got a deposit on an LST2.
Old 11-07-2005, 10:53 AM
binaryterror

Wow we should change RCU's name to Michigan Monster Trucks!!!

Skyodyssey: Yeah you look to be getting better with the LST, and ThermalRd and Rusty did well with theirs last winter. I'm no fan of the truck, but thats just one slow guys opinion.
Old 11-07-2005, 11:11 AM
revomanmi

I have a question for you experts. I have a revo as many of you know that will mostly be my racer. I have a Savage 4.6 that will mainly be my basher (I do think I will run a qualifier with it next week just to see how is goes) but I am thinking about getting a new truck in the next month or two, I need your guys help on figuring out what to get. These are the trucks ive been thinking of. 1: LST 2....2: Mayhem 3. mammoth st........4. hellfire........5. Genesis.

what do I get lol to many options. I do plan on racing with the new truck since I have the Savage that is plenty enough for bashing.

thanks,
Eric
Old 11-07-2005, 11:24 AM
ThermalRD

Eric, i would go with the LST2, the Hellfire, or the mayhem ST. But you know, i say go for the LST2.
Old 11-07-2005, 11:31 AM
GT Batman

Thermal, thanks for the tips. I haven't messed with the radio much, except for EPA. I installed MGT servo savers and BAC sterring link to improve steering. I will have to get some type of gauge to measure the camber and toe. I toe in the rear and toe out the front, but no idea on the %. Camber is close to 0. Not sure what you mean on putting oil in the diff. So you actually fill the diff case up with oil? Or do you mean actually inside the diff? Right now i just have some grease on the gears.

I plan to upgrade my LST with at least the LST rear arms, I hate that turnbucle setup. One of the screws always seem to break. I pretty much have everything else the LST2 will have

Racing at DB has been really fun, totally different than back yard bashing. This has been the first time I ever raced it. So far it has been a big learning curve for me. I was going to hobby town races over the summer in a parking lot, but no other monster trucks ever came up there. I have been going to electric races trying to get more track time (I also have a BK2 and MF2).

So do you race your MTs in the summer? If so, where at?

Eric, you can drive my LST if you want, maybe that will help you decide if you want one.
Old 11-07-2005, 11:48 AM
revomanmi

Awesome, also I am selling my Savage if anyone is interested. its sick fun but I want a new racer. here is the link. I am thinkin lst 2 so far.

http://rctech.net/forum/showthread.p...29#post1920229

Thanks man I would love to drive your LST I have never driven one before

Old 11-07-2005, 11:52 AM
GT Batman

No problem, you free thursday or friday 6-8pm? I want to practice one or both of those days. I can't get there any earlier due to work and I am 1 hour away.
Old 11-07-2005, 11:57 AM
revomanmi

Im not sure what my schedule is like this week, today is my first day back after a 10 day vacation and I am lost with what Im doing!!!! lol I think thurday im taking the day off, Ill let you know
Old 11-07-2005, 12:47 PM
ThermalRD

Skyodyssey, take your front and rear diffs out. The silicone diff fluid actually goes inside the diff, where all the bevel, and spider gears are. You'll improve your lap times drastically by doing that. More control, more power to the ground. And Eric, i definitely think you should go the LST2 route. I'll have one, and if SandAr gets one, that makes it even better for helping each other out. And they are just plain fast racers.
Old 11-07-2005, 12:51 PM
GT Batman

Thanks! I'll do that to the diffs tonight. Should I clean out the grease that is in there first? I'm glad to hear more LSTs will be at the track
Old 11-07-2005, 01:17 PM
Ken448

You guys are raving the LST2, who has seen one run in the real world, and if you have not, how can you justify telling someone else they should buy one? Im lost....
Old 11-07-2005, 01:24 PM
GT Batman

The LST2 has not been release yet, it's coming out in December. But I pretty much have the LST2 except the new arms. I race my LST and am really happy with it, and I don't even have it setup properly to race...I will after using Thermals setup tips If you look at the LST2, it is pretty much a LST with all the optional Losi parts, and a few re-desined parts such as the arms. I think the engine is the same with a different head.
Old 11-07-2005, 01:44 PM
binaryterror

I know...I'm shocked to see Matt raving about a truck he got screwed by. Will the 2 be better? It better be.

I'm not scared of no LST 1 or 2, my Revo is just fine. I think my problem lies in the driver! argh *&*^%^&$&
Old 11-07-2005, 01:53 PM
Ken448

[X(]DOH![X(]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.