RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

FREE revo!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2005, 05:01 PM
lazycow54
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FREE revo!!!!!

Guess what! I might be getting a free Revo. I am 15 and my mom co owns a toy store. The other owner is a laser eye surgeons wife, so they are rich. they got their son a revo for his birthday. he let his sister drive it and she crashed it into a tree. it broke but they didnt know what broke so they are going to buy him a new one. well, i might get the broken one for FREE. i think it is just an a arm or something simple. that would be awesome!!!
Old 10-11-2005, 05:45 PM
proxpilot
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: FREE revo!!!!!

hells yeah! tell em it's something major like the whole cjassis is broken er something. dats what id do!
Old 10-11-2005, 05:46 PM
badxlt

no that would be luck
Old 10-11-2005, 06:37 PM
gogita502

you suck.......jk hope you can fix it
Old 10-11-2005, 07:00 PM
jkrustchinsky
Banned
My Feedback: (7)

or he blew the engine or some crazy crap like that, but anything free is TOTALLY SWEET
Old 10-11-2005, 07:08 PM
capone12

kid: uh mommy I broke this thing that they called an a-arm in the manual.

mom:dont worry ill just buy you a new one!

Gotta love the rich
Old 10-11-2005, 07:29 PM
gogita502

ORIGINAL: capone12

kid: uh mommy I broke this thing that they called an a-arm in the manual.

mom:dont worry ill just buy you a new one!

Gotta love the rich
rich people dont read. their butler or maid does it for them.......hehehe jeffery
Old 10-12-2005, 08:26 AM
The_Collector

Thats great! I've only managed to get free lawnmowers and appliances, most of which were an easy fix.
Isn't it great when people just give up on stuff? When they have alot of money, they can afford to...
Old 10-12-2005, 08:31 AM
maxximum_overdrive

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i once got a heea nice gas grill from a doctor. the only thing that was wrong with it was that the push button starter was bad in it. it was only like a year old and he just gave it to me and bought a new one.
Old 10-12-2005, 10:09 AM
Volfy
My Feedback: (23)

Most "rich" folks don't get where they are by being ignorant consumers. They may just have been generous about giving away items they had wanted to replace anyway. When your income earning potential exceeds a certain level, you begin to re-evaluate which is a better resource to spend - time or money. If you make $100/hr, is it worth spending 3hrs fixing something when you can buy a brand new one for $200?

I hope you do get the broken Revo, kid. But... my advice to you is don't think like you "stole" it based on their ignorance. Appreciate their generosity, and do what you can to "earn" that gift. Teach the surgeon's son how to run and fix his new Revo. The "rich people" will appreciate your help and honesty, and you will go a long way in building a good character that will benefit your whole life.
Old 10-12-2005, 02:13 PM
RenegadeRevo

ORIGINAL: Volfy

Most "rich" folks don't get where they are by being ignorant consumers. They may just have been generous about giving away items they had wanted to replace anyway. When your income earning potential exceeds a certain level, you begin to re-evaluate which is a better resource to spend - time or money. If you make $100/hr, is it worth spending 3hrs fixing something when you can buy a brand new one for $200?

I hope you do get the broken Revo, kid. But... my advice to you is don't think like you "stole" it based on their ignorance. Appreciate their generosity, and do what you can to "earn" that gift. Teach the surgeon's son how to run and fix his new Revo. The "rich people" will appreciate your help and honesty, and you will go a long way in building a good character that will benefit your whole life.

Agreed. One day, you may be "rich" and understand what people go through as "rich" people. I have many wealthy friends that make an unGODLY amount of money. They are all different, too. One guy got into RC... and within a week bought 5 trucks/buggies/truggies... he got way into it... another wealthy friend got into it before I did... he spent $2k on his Mammoth... and ended up giving it to someone because he was moving to Florida and didn't want to pack it. The guy he gave it to ran it like twice, then gave it to my other friend... Wealthy people don't care about money... it's not ignorance... it's just their relationship with money. If you read any of the books about becoming wealthy or thinking big, you will understand why. Anyways, that's cool that they are giving it to you. Like Volfy said... teach the kid's son how to take care of and fix his new Revo...
Old 10-12-2005, 05:16 PM
DaveG55

You know, "rich" is relitive, right? To millions of people a 15 year old who has parents that own a buisness is rich beyond imagination.
I do not consider myself monitarily rich but I'm comfortable. Over the years I have given many things to many different people. Furniture, clothing, vehicles and even hobby quality rc cars are all things I've given away. I can tell you that if I give someone something and they act like "thanks but it's no big deal cause you can afford it" they will never get another single solitary thing or consideration from me. People who are truly grateful are, to me, worth helping again if need be. As others have said, "rich" people are not stupid nor are they ignorant of your reaction.
It's great that you may get a free Revo and you should be excited, just try not to be arrogant about it. People will and do notice.
I hope you get the truck and that you are able to get it fixed.
Good luck
Old 10-12-2005, 06:11 PM
PillowPants

My peers give me a lot much crap about the stuff that i am very lucky to recieve from parents, such as r/c cars. Prude, snob, rich boy, i have heard it all. Funny thing is, they are always the least greatful. Just don't take it for granted, and don't ProXpilot's advice on lying to them. If you get it, you get it. If you dont, then you dont.
Old 10-12-2005, 07:05 PM
RenegadeRevo

ORIGINAL: DaveG55

You know, "rich" is relitive, right? To millions of people a 15 year old who has parents that own a buisness is rich beyond imagination.
Yep, and even some of those parents aren't as rich as their credit card companies are... LOL...
Old 10-12-2005, 10:35 PM
2DMaxLST!!

Nothing free in this world is as valuable as something earned................. IMO
Old 10-12-2005, 10:53 PM
RenegadeRevo

ORIGINAL: 2DMaxLST!!

Nothing free in this world is as valuable as something earned................. IMO
Wow... on a roll tonight... I agree with that. I have never appreciated anything as much as when I had to strive to achieve it. Back in high school, I went to a "wealthy" school.. and many of my friend's parents bought their cars... they thought they were awesome... but I paid for my own, and to be honest, I was well-known for my vehicles back then... I have sense calmed down, but I agree... you don't appreciate it as much if you don't pay for it yourself.
Old 10-12-2005, 11:25 PM
2DMaxLST!!

I've been earning my way since I was 12 years old, and consider myself very blessed. I feel sorry for kids who have never struggled, and I'm serious.
Old 10-12-2005, 11:58 PM
RenegadeRevo

ORIGINAL: 2DMaxLST!!

I've been earning my way since I was 12 years old, and consider myself very blessed. I feel sorry for kids who have never struggled, and I'm serious.
I agree.... I don't know if "struggled" is the right word for it... but, I've been working since 14.... started in drywall. That's tough work. My father passed away when I was 15, leaving my mom and I to "struggle" Luckily for me, I got social security checks... but 3/4 of that went to my mother to help her support us. I worked all the way through high school and beyond. I've never had anything "given" to me without some sort of payment. My first vehicle was "given" to me, but I had to make the payments every month, and pay my insurance, gas, etc. I never had to "pay" rent or anything growing up, but I struggled for a while when I got married because I was temporarily "laid off" and couldn't find another job. I purchased my own home at the age of 23 without the help of parents or in-laws.. at the time, I had a brand new $30k car and a 1995 Camaro Z-28. None of which was given to me. I am now, at (soon to be) 26 purchasing a home that rivals the one that I grew up in (3000 sq. ft)... I am the owner of a business, and I have had my set of struggles, but I have done it... and I am DANG proud of myself. (It's not bragging if it's true) There's nothing like the feeling of accomplishment when you do something. There is no contest between that feeling and having someone GIVE something to you. It almost takes all the fun out of it. Anyways, enough of a rant... take the Revo if they give it to you, and help the kid learn how to take care of his new truck.... it's the least you could do for them. Be thankful that they were generous enough to just give it to you. Many people become "wealthy" by stiffing people... just be glad they aren't one of those kinds...
Old 10-17-2005, 09:17 PM
cman9toes

Most "rich" people I know are not ignorant, stupid, stuck up, etc..etc.. However many of their childern and some of their spouses are.
One quite wealthy fellow I know, happens to be one of the most humble and giving individuals I know. You would never know that he clears more in a month than most do in a year by the way he dresses, acts, or talks. Most the time he drives a nisson sentra, although he has two corvettes, an excursion, jeep wranger, new VW bettle, and my personal favorite HUMMER.(a orignal, not H1, H2,H3) Now his kids on the other hand are brats! They take advantage of their fathers generosity and have grown to expect a "free ride"
Some kids take advantage of this situtations and grow up with the attitude of "why take care of stuff, when I can just replace it when it breaks." One family friend bought his son 7 new cars in a year and a half due to them all being totaled with 2 or 3 months of ownership. Dad worked long and hard and felt bad about not being home so he tryed to compensate with "gifts". Thus the kids got what they wanted. Dads a great guy, just raised ungrateful brats.
Not saying this is the case here, but not fixing the truck because it's just as easy to get a new one shows a lack of graditude in this young person.
Old 10-18-2005, 05:57 PM
Desert Racer
My Feedback: (5)

I hate rich people they do just that oo mommy my viper broke on the freeway dont worry we will leave it there and get you a new one. If i become rich I will fix the things I brake and not be so snotty as the rich ppl. We have about 50 of them at our school I beat the living crap out of 5 of them because they were giving my a lot of crap about my clothes then the threw a pizza at me. I havent seen them since my court apperance which they couldnt walk to they had to be pushed in by there mommy's. That is what happens when you do good in shcool accept some rich folks go about differrent ways of doing things 10% fix and now how to fix things them selves they other 90% are complete jackass's.