Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Dual Shocks, Split Adjustments???

Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Dual Shocks, Split Adjustments???

Old 11-05-2002, 06:03 AM
blangle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dual Shocks, Split Adjustments???

OK, for the dual shock (per wheel, 8 total) trucks, I'm hearing differing opinions on making different adjustments with the springs and oil ratings among the pair. I'm hearing the very front and very back 4 need to have a stronger settings and I'm hearing the back 4 need to have the stonger settings.

Anyone with experience/physics information on your preferred option?
Old 11-06-2002, 02:03 AM
3maxxman
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dual Shocks, Split Adjustments???

Well I just talked to Tom so I understand the questions you are asking.
1st, spring rates change your ride and ride height. The truck will ride higher and or bounce more depending on shock dampening and how much spring you add. Running 1 heavy spring and 1 light spring per corner will not hurt the shocks they will still rebound together even if 1 had no spring at all.
2nd shock oils change your dampening and your ride, how bouncy the truck will be on the bumps. It is ok to run different weights of oil in the front and back. The front is lighter so heavy oil will make the truck stiffer on the bumps and the rear is heavy so... Make sense? Do not use different oil weights on the same corner of the truck, That can damage the shocks.