Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Goodbye Revo- Hello Monster GT....Savage?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Goodbye Revo- Hello Monster GT....Savage?

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2005, 05:30 PM
flatout->

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Goodbye Revo- Hello Monster GT....Savage?

I'm so close to selling my Revo right now. I need something tougher and preferably something that handles better without the need for extensive suspension mods. I am looking to replace my truck with either a Savage LE or the new monster Gt 4.60. Has anyone had any experiences with either of these trucks?
Old 11-02-2005, 05:35 PM
RenegadeRevo
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Goodbye Revo- Hello Monster GT....Savage?

LOL... sorry to say it... a better handling truck than the Revo probably won't be found in either of those... The MGT is cool, but is in need of suspension upgrades (taken from a true MGT owner himself) The Savage will be a tough truck, but I don't think it handles nearly as well as the Revo. Out of those two, I would probably pick the Savage, if it were me. Actually, if it were me, I'd keep the Revo... but that's just me.
Old 11-02-2005, 07:21 PM
hybridstone

The Savage handels great!!!! with a few mods!! all the info you need is at savagecentral
Old 11-02-2005, 07:36 PM
blackrain

if you plan on racing it the mgt handles better on the track aND IS THE BETTER RACER
Old 11-02-2005, 08:10 PM
hybridstone

ORIGINAL: blackrain

if you plan on racing it the mgt handles better on the track aND IS THE BETTER RACER
Tell that to the owner of rockconcepts and His savage that ALWAYS wins!!LOL he kills mgt's revos and truggys!!s I have 2 savages and had a mgt(sold it) it was good but the savage with vertigo lcgtvp's and Rock concept Lp towers w proline shocks is just amazing!! It handel's better than the revo and you can run a collari 32 and not have any drivetrain problems!! spurface good to hear your getting rid of that traxxas crap and getting a solid truck like the savage or mgt.
Old 11-02-2005, 08:30 PM
RenegadeRevo

ORIGINAL: hybridstone

he kills mgt's
Unfortunately, that's not tough to do. I killed an MGT today... BIG TIME... of course, it was in a drag race... we ran several times... and I caught up to him everytime... a few times he got a good head start... and I caught up... and passed him. Never raced with an MGT on the track, though. They seem like good trucks, however the guy that I went bashing with today said that his MGT wouldn't withstand the punishment I give my Revo.
Old 11-02-2005, 08:32 PM
elite
My Feedback: (2)

A stock revo is more competitive than any other truck outta the box hands down. Expensive suspension upgrades? Meaning oil and springs? Possible P2s if you want to get real fancy for another 8 bucks LOL. Seems like the driver IMO......I also bash my racer, my revo...and its tough as nails.....If I were you id check the lemon in your state and see if you can sue traxxas lol....I had to sue Mazda, my RX8 was a lemon

JK - but honestly the mgt isnt that competitve or all that great IMO....Savages can race with MORE MODS then a revo but they IMO still are not as advanced as a revo with all its adjustments.

My 2 cents
Old 11-02-2005, 09:08 PM
blackrain

ive seen the rock concepts setup were talking about out of the box wich handles better and the mgt is just as good if not better with hopups. a truck is only as good as its driver you cant go wrong with either one.
Old 11-02-2005, 09:34 PM
2DMaxLST!!

ORIGINAL: Spurface

I'm so close to selling my Revo right now. I need something tougher and preferably something that handles better without the need for extensive suspension mods. I am looking to replace my truck with either a Savage LE or the new monster Gt 4.60. Has anyone had any experiences with either of these trucks?
You describe a LST2.
Old 11-02-2005, 10:38 PM
RenegadeRevo

ORIGINAL: 2DMaxLST!!
You describe a LST2.
I'm not quite sure I'm sold on that one yet... I'd like to see one run... I started really liking the LST, when you came out here and raced... I saw one before, but it didn't really impress me as much as yours did (holding your own on an unknown track... impressed me with the LST) *Shrug* I'm just not sure about the LST2... guess I've gotta wait 'til I see one in action first.
Old 11-02-2005, 10:51 PM
2DMaxLST!!

Sorry, but I thought I did more than 'hold my own' The LST2 is a LST with all of the perceived and actual weaknesses addressed and/or fixed the toe in the rear convinces me that it will rock the track.

[link=http://www.dennisnadams.com/tmaxx/LST/Phoenix_0002.wmv]Video: Here I am holding my own with my LST(by 3 or 6 laps, I forget) [/link]

Old 11-02-2005, 11:01 PM
RenegadeRevo

ORIGINAL: 2DMaxLST!!

Sorry, but I thought I did more than 'hold my own'
Well, that's what I call it.. Second place behind a truggy is awesome... especially running with all the Revos that usually dominate the track. LOL... hmmm... I'll have to look into the LST2 a little more... haven't seen much info on it yet... just saw a picture... and a brief description... I'm not sure I like the stock body... but... that's not a big deal...

LOL... I can't remember how many laps... I died out on my 5th lap.. (right at the end of the 6th...)... with a good driver (and a fully-charged battery) I think my Revo could have won the race (between you and I...)... however... I'm not that "good" driver... if I did have a fully-charged battery, however... I could have fought for 3rd.
Old 11-02-2005, 11:12 PM
turbopwr

The Revo is one of the best handling monster trucks on the market period. All it need is P2 rockers and different weight shock oil(maybe stiffer springs if funds allow). Only monster trucks that out handle it are truggys.

Yes a Savage can be made to handle but he clearly stated he didn't want to do extensive modifications.
Old 11-02-2005, 11:15 PM
RenegadeRevo

ORIGINAL: turbopwr

The Revo is one of the best handling monster trucks on the market period. All it need is P2 rockers and different weight shock oil(maybe stiffer springs if funds allow). Only monster trucks that out handle it are truggys.

Yes a Savage can be made to handle but he clearly stated he didn't want to do extensive modifications.
UNFORTUNATELY, he also clearly stated he didn't want his Revo anymore, either... [&o]
Old 11-02-2005, 11:16 PM
2DMaxLST!!

ORIGINAL: turbopwr

Only monster trucks that out handle it are truggys.

oxymoron
Old 11-03-2005, 06:54 AM
flatout->

Guys, I said I'm "close" to selling my revo, not 'definately' selling. Elite, please read my posts more carefully, I said "extensive" and not 'expensive' mods, and I'm afraid you're talking out the back of your neck when you say "A stock revo is more competitive than any other truck outta the box hands down". The stock suspension set up on the revo is ****e. It is ridiculously soft, it wallows and dives all over. It spends more time on it's lid than on it's wheels. I am currently running 40wt shock oil, orange springs up front and gold at the rear, P2's and centre centre push rod holes and it still flips at anything more than half-/3/4-throttle turn. Even a slight dab on the brakes at speed when entering a corner and it wants to roll. I tried 50wt shock oil and it just hops around on the rough and becomes skittish. A can't seem to find a happy medium with it.

Hybrid, which would you say is the most durable out of the savage and the MGT?
Old 11-03-2005, 08:40 AM
gerwen

Savage has the rep of being the most durable truck around. Some argue it, but most don't. It's built tough, which is why it doesn't handle well in comparison to some other trucks.
Old 11-03-2005, 08:54 AM
flatout->

Gerwen, have you ever owned a revo? How did the handling compare to the savage?
Old 11-03-2005, 11:30 AM
tzque

Revofamily I dont know what your going to do if that trucks ever breaks . I can not knock your loyalty . this is the second thread I have read and you stand by your truck.
I just dont think there is any truck that far superior to any other . My friend is selling a MGT that will hold its own against any truck out there .
But it has taken two years and alot of money to get it there .
I would never trade my MGT or Savage for a Revo not knocking the truck I just dont like the way it drives but in the end we are all entitled to enjoy what you like .
Revofamily I respect that you defend the Revo so hard . I have more than 1 truck , not saying you only have more than one , but I drive what ever is running . My favorite truck right now extended chasis Savage .
Old 11-03-2005, 04:40 PM
RenegadeRevo

ORIGINAL: tzque

Revofamily I dont know what your going to do if that trucks ever breaks . I can not knock your loyalty . this is the second thread I have read and you stand by your truck.
What do you mean? It does break... (2DMaxLST was a witness of that) of course, a WOT run straight into a wall would break just about ANY truck... LOL... I stand by my truck because it's a great truck, and has HIGHLY impressed me. I have had relatively few breakages... and what I have broken... hasn't cost me an arm and a leg (I think in the year I've had it... it's cost me $50 or so... in broken parts.. of course, most of those were MY fault). With the TM323, it's one of the fastest trucks around... (still haven't raced the Mammoth... the pull start broke before we could take it out) and it handles great... why wouldn't I stand by it? It's an awesomly designed truck... and has great aftermarket support. This is MY first and only truck right now... I have other friends with different trucks, and I respect them... I am going to buy an LST, once I get into my new house... I just don't see the point in having several trucks.. my friend has like 5 trucks... he's got a Revo, LST, Truggy, Buggie, and an E-maxx... I just can't see having that many trucks... my Revo runs great... why do I need another one, ya know? I love the LST, though... it's an awesome truck. The MGT doesn't impress me that much... it does look pretty aggressive with the large tires, and such... but the durability (taking the opinion of a local MGT owner) is less than the Revo... and it definitely isn't as fast as MY Revo...(we're gonna find him a bigger and better engine so that maybe he can compete...) IMO... the Revo is the best out there, and I'd recommend it to anyone... of course, as you said, too... there's not a HUGE gap between the different models.... so, I say it's the "best" but I don't say BY FAR... or ... 20x better... or anything like that...
Old 11-03-2005, 04:58 PM
hybridstone

Guys, I said I'm "close" to selling my revo, not 'definately' selling. Elite, please read my posts more carefully, I said "extensive" and not 'expensive' mods, and I'm afraid you're talking out the back of your neck when you say "A stock revo is more competitive than any other truck outta the box hands down". The stock suspension set up on the revo is ****e. It is ridiculously soft, it wallows and dives all over. It spends more time on it's lid than on it's wheels. I am currently running 40wt shock oil, orange springs up front and gold at the rear, P2's and centre centre push rod holes and it still flips at anything more than half-/3/4-throttle turn. Even a slight dab on the brakes at speed when entering a corner and it wants to roll. I tried 50wt shock oil and it just hops around on the rough and becomes skittish. A can't seem to find a happy medium with it.

Hybrid, which would you say is the most durable out of the savage and the MGT?
savage(upgrade to Rrp spur/cb)and its the most durable mt on the market! Mgt is solid after a few mods like rpm a-arms and cvd boots
Old 11-03-2005, 05:33 PM
flatout->

The savage is growing on me, however I have heard it doesnt handle too good and it flips pretty easily?
Old 11-03-2005, 06:12 PM
turbopwr

If your having problems with your Revo handling wise with the mods you have you need to learn to drive. I'm not trying to flame you but that is a very good setup you have on your truck right now. If you have problems with the Revo good luck with the Savage or MGT. The Savage can't touch the Revo handling wise and the Mgt handles a ton better than the Savage but is still not as good as the Revo. You should either slow down for turns or look into getting a truggy style monster truck. Now i'm not trying to flame you in any way but you should not have handling issues with the set up you have other than maybe putting some bowties or Panther Pythons tires on if your running the stock tires.
Old 11-03-2005, 06:53 PM
RenegadeRevo

I am currently running 40wt shock oil, orange springs up front and gold at the rear, P2's and centre centre push rod holes and it still flips at anything more than half-/3/4-throttle turn. Even a slight dab on the brakes at speed when entering a corner and it wants to roll.
If you are trying to make 1/2-3/4 throttle turns on anything other than loose dirt, you want to drop the suspension to the "lowest" holes. I have P2's... LT springs, and 70wt shock oil... and if I drop it to the lowest holes... or what I call "Racing stance"... it doesn't flip. But if you think a Savage or MGT is going to be able to handle that type of turning, I think you've got another thing comin'...
Old 11-03-2005, 07:19 PM
flatout->

I have been driving on and off for 12 yrs, I have run 1/10th - 1/5th scale...I doubt it's my driving. I'm running stock tyres...maybe I'm gettin too much sidewall flex on the bends which could be affecting the handling?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.