Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

REVO/TNX PRO

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2005, 03:16 PM
beaglegod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default REVO/TNX PRO

I reads an article comparing these two, and they seemed very close in a number of areas (speed, handling bumps/jumps etc)

Any thoughts as far as one being the better deal for the money? I want to get my first MT, and while the revo looks hot and I love the design, the TNX looks like a monster too with a stock engine that has been used in some races.

Uh Oh I probably shoulda checked these forums for a comparison first.......sorry bout that, if ya wanna post an oppinion thats cool if not I completely understand [8D]
Old 11-07-2005, 03:54 PM
RenegadeRevo
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: REVO/TNX PRO

They're both great trucks... downside to the TNX is ... local support. Many LHS's don't support the TNX, and the Revo is suppored at most of 'em... I've heard lots of good things about the TNX... but have never experienced one.
Old 11-07-2005, 05:21 PM
ThermalRD

Well, i own both, and i race both. Both are good trucks. Being your first MT, you'll likely make some human errors. Having a Revo will really help your stress levels. When i race my TNX on Sunday, i've gotta find any weak, cracked, broken, or about to be broken parts by Monday. That is if i plan on racing again the following Sunday. Its not even that the LHS doesnt stock parts, its that Tamiya is horrible with customers. They have parts in stock at Tamiya, that the distributor and the LHS dont even have knowledge of. I've been waiting on the spur/slipper kit since i bought this TNX Pro over the summer. Months ago! Now due in this month.... Im not gonna hold my breath on that one. I'll surely wind up dead. So parts support is a huge thing here. The Revo is a way more advanced truck. They are both tough as nails, but the TNX will not outlast a revo in a race, without atleast a couple minor upgrades. You would need new rod ends, and the updated spur gear. Other than that, im very pleased with the toughness of the TNX. Now that you know the bad, i should tell you that i have been routinely reaching for my TNX week after week at the races. I just feel steadier with it. The stock TNX motor also pulls as hard as the TM powered Revos. So thats a nice bonus. Oh, you'll need some new hardware for the TNX. A good screw kit is a must! The Revo already has nice machine thread, hex hardware. What are you planning to do with it? Race, or bash?
Old 11-07-2005, 09:35 PM
FE_Chris
My Feedback: (2)

You have a fine lookin TNX Thermal!!!!! Looks good on and off the track. I dig it!!!
ORIGINAL: ThermalRD

Well, i own both, and i race both. Both are good trucks. Being your first MT, you'll likely make some human errors. Having a Revo will really help your stress levels. When i race my TNX on Sunday, i've gotta find any weak, cracked, broken, or about to be broken parts by Monday. That is if i plan on racing again the following Sunday. Its not even that the LHS doesnt stock parts, its that Tamiya is horrible with customers. They have parts in stock at Tamiya, that the distributor and the LHS dont even have knowledge of. I've been waiting on the spur/slipper kit since i bought this TNX Pro over the summer. Months ago! Now due in this month.... Im not gonna hold my breath on that one. I'll surely wind up dead. So parts support is a huge thing here. The Revo is a way more advanced truck. They are both tough as nails, but the TNX will not outlast a revo in a race, without atleast a couple minor upgrades. You would need new rod ends, and the updated spur gear. Other than that, im very pleased with the toughness of the TNX. Now that you know the bad, i should tell you that i have been routinely reaching for my TNX week after week at the races. I just feel steadier with it. The stock TNX motor also pulls as hard as the TM powered Revos. So thats a nice bonus. Oh, you'll need some new hardware for the TNX. A good screw kit is a must! The Revo already has nice machine thread, hex hardware. What are you planning to do with it? Race, or bash?
Old 11-07-2005, 10:58 PM
beaglegod

What are you planning to do with it? Race, or bash?
Well I just found the location of a track not too far from me so next year Id like to give racing a shot, until than I figured just learning how to get realy comfortable with the vehicle is a good idea. I just wanna make sure whatever I spend 400 or more dollars on has that special something that makes me wanna keep takin it out whether or not Im racing. But yeah I hear ya on the customer support thing. Now the Revo is a 1/10 scale the TNX a 1/8 but from what Ive seen they look almost the same size, is the TNX any bigger?
Old 11-08-2005, 11:14 AM
ThermalRD

The TNX is larger. It will use the proline 8th scale bodies as well. I love both trucks, but again i keep reaching for my TNX week after week at the races. Just wish Tamiya would get their act together. Its pathetic knowing they are the largest company in the business.
Old 11-08-2005, 05:32 PM
Tnx_4_life

nuff said.

ORIGINAL: ThermalRD

The TNX is larger. It will use the proline 8th scale bodies as well. I love both trucks, but again i keep reaching for my TNX week after week at the races. Just wish Tamiya would get their act together. Its pathetic knowing they are the largest company in the business.
Old 11-12-2005, 12:27 PM
Dil

tnx is my pic, the engine is damm good, one of the easiets i ever tuned, maintenance is minimal, its a damm good truck, actually the engine comes factory tuned and all you have to do is tune the high speed needle, but the rest is factory set,

i' beat all the revos on drags, its pick up is like lighting, lots of power, i live in sri lanka, and the tnx is got a lot of respect here,

although if you are playing hard with it i suggest the aluminium shocks, i would recommened it to anyone over a revo!, i get wheelies, and loads of fun, and its easy to maintain and remove stuff and put it back in cos the chasis is all well spaced out unlike in a revo where everything is all cramped up!

my choice TNX!! all the way