RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Got Some Warhead News!

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2005, 07:58 PM
tamiya08
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got Some Warhead News!

The news is that the Warhead is scheduled to be shipped to Duratrax in december, and from there to distrubutors. so sometime december or January people should start reciveing the warhead.

The Reason for delayed? I Asked a guy that worked at Duratrax on One18th.com
Could you tell us why the warhead was delayed?
I am not the Development Manager in charge of the Warhead so I do not know all the details. The short answer is that it took us a LOT longer to "get it right" than we thought. We had to develop several new manufacturing processes that we had never done before (several of which have not been used before in the R/C industry to my knowledge) and it took a lot of experimentation/practice/learning until we got the parts we wanted. We are all set to go now.
Heres the proof: http://www.one18th.com/forums/showth...t=27945&page=2

Noff works at DTX on the Vendetta from what i have gathered.

Please dont start asking him a bunch of questions about the warhead in that post
a: The post is meant for the vendetta
b: We've been asking him questions for 2-3 days know, i dont think he wants that many more.

Chris
Old 11-10-2005, 09:26 PM
DaveG55

Default RE: Got Some Warhead News!

It was nice of him to reply to your question.
It would have been nice for someone from dtx to have posted something in one of the many threads on many other fourms or on their website at some point during the last year. In my eyes they have left many people that have preordered the truck, myself included, hanging in the wind. Now this reply states that they have been having trouble with new manufacturing processes. That means to me that not only has dtx failed it's potential customers by advertising something and allowing orders to be taken for over a year with no product rollout but the fortunate (unfortunate????) ones that recieve one of the first shipments are going to be their unpaid guinie pigs.
I thank you for posting that reply on this site. You have helped me more than you know.
I am now going to the Tower web site and cancel the order for the Warhead that I have been waiting for since last February.
Old 11-11-2005, 01:55 PM
Dale Gribble
My Feedback: (4)

Now I can say at one time I was hounding my LHS to get one reserved. That ship has sailed for me... It wasn't that great and innovative of a truck to wait for. Done and done. I am getting a Mini LST instead.

Even 3 years ago, when the original TMaxx really revolutionized the MT market and there were a few players in the field, the Warhead's schedule could have kept slipping, and just due to the lack of products, it wouldn't have mattered. The interest would have remained.

Nowadays that you can literally pick from like 25 good MTs in the market, the old Warhead just doesn't seem so special.

And I thought Losi was the only group that never got a product launched and in stores by committed dates.
Old 11-11-2005, 06:55 PM
FE_Chris
My Feedback: (2)

Hey, if you ask me...the truck has promise. It looks to be really good and a lot of people are going to be disapointed if this thing is a piece of crap, because I think it's going to sell like hotcakes

And hey, like lots of other people have said.......Atleast they did'nt rush it and turn out a bad truck. Better to wait for quality if you ask me. I'll be waiting with my 400 bucks.
Old 11-14-2005, 01:52 PM
lloydy

ORIGINAL: DaveG55
That means to me that not only has dtx failed it's potential customers by advertising something and allowing orders to be taken for over a year with no product rollout but the fortunate (unfortunate????) ones that recieve one of the first shipments are going to be their unpaid guinie pigs.
You would hope that if they had spent so long testing and trying the product then maybe thev'ed ironed out most of the problems before it ships.

Old 11-14-2005, 04:44 PM
DaveG55

ORIGINAL: lloydy

ORIGINAL: DaveG55
That means to me that not only has dtx failed it's potential customers by advertising something and allowing orders to be taken for over a year with no product rollout but the fortunate (unfortunate????) ones that recieve one of the first shipments are going to be their unpaid guinie pigs.
You would hope that if they had spent so long testing and trying the product then maybe thev'ed ironed out most of the problems before it ships.

I agree, you would HOPE that the delay does mean they have worked out the bugs.
And, If it were design or supplier issues, I wouldn't be so concerned. But, it's problems have been with new "manufacturing processes". What does that mean? Are the trying to shortcut something to keep costs down? Are they using some sort of new material that disintegrates when it touches nitro fuel?
The fact is, it's been a year since it was announced and it's release has been pushed back monthly. In all that time they have continued to advertise the truck and never responded to the many, many posts about it. Not a word until someone not related to the project answers a question on a fourm that's not even close to a MT fourm.
To all those still waiting with cash in hand, I wish you luck.
Now I'm going to go fly my new heli that had been on hold while I waited for the warhead.
Oh, and, it should look like a good truck, it looks a lot like a Savage.
Old 11-14-2005, 04:54 PM
ICrashThings

eh, it will be released next december. hands down.
Old 12-01-2005, 10:32 PM
wyd

Two of my local shops have the new WarHead in stock. I did look at one out of the box and for the price it is very nice and very adjustable. I think the SuperTigre motor will be nice as they have strong motors for planes.
Old 12-02-2005, 01:25 PM
Slipracer

I just got my warhead last night it's pretty cool but i havent gotten to use it yet
Old 12-02-2005, 02:34 PM
ScMc

ORIGINAL: lolol

I just got my warhead last night it's pretty cool but i havent gotten to use it yet
keep us updated! [8D]
Old 12-02-2005, 03:16 PM
wyd

Yeah I looked at another one from the other shop I go to and I'm getting closer to buying one just for having fun. I have an indoor offroad track I can run it at duirng the winter. Might just get one and have some fun.
Old 12-02-2005, 06:53 PM
ccs77

My friend just got his Warhead it already stripped a spur gear....during break in. What a POS

Better stick with the Savage 2.5 boys.
Old 12-02-2005, 07:20 PM
alvinl

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just means you have to check your mesh before firing it up. The truck hasn't been out long enough yet to be determined whether or not it is a POS.
Old 12-02-2005, 07:45 PM
paperclipracer
My Feedback: (3)

we got one in the shop and boy its sweet
Old 12-02-2005, 08:20 PM
alvinl

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I went by the LHS on my way home from work today hoping to get a glimpse of one. No luck, they don't have one in stock.
Old 12-02-2005, 09:36 PM
Slipracer

First off im a newb and my friend has a savage 25 and he got me into the r/c trucks so i purchased the warhead last night and i followed all the instructions then when i went to pull start the engine yank pulled it to far cause it didn't start and the line didn't go pack in *shakes head/swears excessivly* so i called the hobby shop and he said it would be covered under warrenty either way
Old 12-02-2005, 10:14 PM
MBX5T Maniac
My Feedback: (-1)

you never extend the pull start more than 12in.
Old 12-02-2005, 10:45 PM
ScMc

Yeah, you gotta keep the pulls pretty short and quick. If you had read the manual you wouldnt have had that problem.
Old 12-02-2005, 11:21 PM
DaveG55

ORIGINAL: ScMc

Yeah, you gotta keep the pulls pretty short and quick. If you had read the manual you wouldnt have had that problem.

Manual??????Manual???????
We're MEN here we don't need no stink'n manual!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-03-2005, 08:56 AM
Slipracer

ORIGINAL: mayhem maniac

In the manuel and video it said 10 inches so that how far i was trying to pull it after it wouldn't go back in i measured it's less then 10 inches!
Old 12-03-2005, 09:59 AM
ThermalRD

10 inches, 6 inches, length wont matter in the event that the engine is flooded, or just stuck at TDC. Not saying thats the case, but highly likely.

ORIGINAL: lolol

ORIGINAL: mayhem maniac

In the manuel and video it said 10 inches so that how far i was trying to pull it after it wouldn't go back in i measured it's less then 10 inches!
Old 12-03-2005, 10:07 AM
wyd

Well I ended up buy the new WarHead. I didn't try to run it yet and I won't get a chance til Sunday. Pull starts in general suck IMO. I don't like them on any brand motor so I'm using a starter box for mine. I did get some new 40 series BowTies for it and I have a new Vantage carbon fiber pipe for it (not sure if I will use it or not, will have to see).

I'm sure the truck will have problems like all new truck do. I know my TNX would strip gears and I have seen many other trucks do that. Remember these are ready to run trucks and need gone over before you ever run one. Never seen a ready to run that didn't have loose screws or some minor teething problems. I will put my own servos in and radio system Sunday and then take it out for a little break in.
Old 12-03-2005, 10:10 AM
sspower

let's get some pictures of this thing
Old 12-03-2005, 11:30 AM
ThermalRD

Ya no kidding man... Already a handful of warhead owners, and not one pic!!! Slackers... Get some pics up.
ORIGINAL: sspower

let's get some pictures of this thing
Old 12-03-2005, 08:29 PM
Wide Open

i got mine for $350 from the lhs! it was a great deal. sorry, though, im not going to be able to get any pics soon.[] just have to wait for the rcu review.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.