Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

??going revo even though i was so against anything traxxas? ?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

??going revo even though i was so against anything traxxas? ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2005, 11:07 AM
blackrain

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ??going revo even though i was so against anything traxxas? ?

i ve finally decided ill give this revo a try for christmas even though i wanted a nemesis just not enough support around here for parts. plus my local my local hobby shop really looks out for me he gives me great deals and almost always lets me pay less than others because im such a loyal customer. know ill get to see if this truck is all everyone claims it to be. what parts do you guys recomend i know i want a carbon fiber chassie and rpm arms and im keeping it small block o.s. 18tz does it come with slide carb or only rotary. what else do you recomend im looking to race this thing.
Old 11-14-2005, 01:16 PM
piccorevo

Default RE: ??going revo even though i was so against anything traxxas? ?

i have heard that the carbon chassis is brittle even for racing, the top boys that race the revo are still usint the stock chassis or a custom lengthened one.
Old 11-14-2005, 01:40 PM
turbopwr

The carbonfiber chassis is fragile. Must haves are P2 rockers,heavier shock oil(I use 50 wt all around), heavier springs, and of course some racing tires.
Old 11-14-2005, 02:05 PM
blackrain

ive actually held the carbon fiber chassie in my hand and tried to bend it even from the skinniest areas and this thing doesnt lex one bit its solid
Old 11-14-2005, 04:49 PM
-Fast-Eddie
My Feedback: (2)

blackrain at the track i race at ,,a guys carbon chassis snapped in half and everything else pulled apart his batterys shorted and started a small fire. There are also reports of same types of things happening to other people carbon chassi's. Engine wise the .18tz is a very good decision. On a track it's killer. I run a .18tm and it is awsom as well. There is not a huge difference between the 2. ThermalRD may pop in here and share some wisdom as well, Where i got have the stuff i know about MT's
Old 11-14-2005, 05:55 PM
blackrain

the 18 tz version isnt that bump start you usually gain a lot more on a bump start engine compared to a pull start im looking for a bumpstart engine i thought about the rb tm323 but felt that may be 2 much power.
Old 11-14-2005, 07:26 PM
ThermalRD

That vantage CF chassis snaps easily. You mentioned holding one, and it NOT flexing. Well, what doesnt flex, usually BREAKS. I wouldnt waste the money on it. As for the motor, the TZ is NOT a direct drop in for the Revo. You'll have to modify a portion of the casing, to fit the engine cradle on the revo. Or, you could wait for the Maxx TZ, that WILL be a direct drop in. You should see that in about another month and a half. The TZ does have more power. The RB 23 is a powerhouse. A ton of torque on that one. Personnally, i havent seen any engine on a Revo more reliable than the .18 TM. Enjoy the Revo, you'll love it.
Old 11-14-2005, 07:29 PM
turbopwr

The OS .18 TZ and TM are not completly the same. From what I understand the sleeve is also a little different. The TZ puts out a little more power than the TM. You may also have to modify the shaft to use the Revo style clutchbell on the TZ. Either TM or TZ have enough power to win with. You will have to play with gearing cause with the stock gearing all the truck wants to do is wheely.
Old 11-14-2005, 08:25 PM
hybridstone

Traxxas has another victim
Old 11-14-2005, 10:01 PM
blackrain

I LL WAIT FOR THAT MAXX TZ SOUNDS LIKE THE BEST WAY TO GO. HYBRIDSTONE i wont be another traxxas victim. i put a lot of time and careful descision making into any kit i buy. this truck was designed for a small block so i plan on keeping it that way. that was the mistake i made when i had a tmaxx in the past. i think the thing that caused me to want it real bad was when i saw that rd logics quick turn for the front center driveline. what other small changes and things you guys recommend.