Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

how cold is too cold?

Old 12-10-2005, 10:21 AM
basher25

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how cold is too cold?

hey everyone i live in Wisconsin and today has a high of 28 degrees. is that to cold to drive my savage around without risking to crack my engine or anything? it will just be on the street and on a little ice. thanx
Old 12-10-2005, 10:39 AM
A.B.U

Default RE: how cold is too cold?

Wrap a towel around the engine head and I'm guessing it'll be fine.
Old 12-10-2005, 11:13 AM
RCtruckRacer

What you want are engine temps over 200 F. Run the truck for 1/2 a tank or so and take a temp reading, If its too low, wrap some aluminum foil around the cooling head. The aluminum foil works like a charm.
Old 12-12-2005, 06:30 PM
love those warbirds
My Feedback: (39)

I personally don't do anything for running it in the cold. I ran my Maxx today and we had about the same temps. Just richen it and don't leave it in your garage or in the cold. I did yesterday and I spent a 1/2 hour with the heat gun melting them free[8D]. Just my 2 cents.
Old 12-12-2005, 06:39 PM
FE_Chris
My Feedback: (2)

Yup, sometimes I have to put a sock on my cooling head on the mayhem ST. I heard tin foil works great too. Like they said, as long as your 200+ but not up to 300, yer good. (for the most part, every engine seems to be a bit differant.)
Old 12-12-2005, 08:00 PM
GT Batman

28 degrees is warm man It couldn't have been much more than that Sunday in michigan when I broke in my LST2. Was a PITA to get up to temp though. I had a sock stuffed with paper towel and tin foil[8D] LOL, it was crazy, temps under 100 without, so I had to do something fast. like everyone said, get it to 200+
Old 12-24-2005, 12:35 AM
dustin7837
My Feedback: (1)

I know i'm a little late with a relpy but i just wanted to share. I am from alberta canada and i have run my cen mt2 in temperatures down to 0 degrees F with no trouble. I just check my temps oftena dn i usually end up leaning it out a bit if it is really cold and i use a body that has no hole cut in the windshield or rear window. has always worked fine for me. another thing to do is to warm up your engine in a garage if you have one before going outside.