Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

To run or not run in the snow that is the question!!!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

To run or not run in the snow that is the question!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2005, 07:52 PM
silverman1

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default To run or not run in the snow that is the question!!!

I've been debating whether to run in the winter or not. I know you can waterproof the servos with ballons and do the same with the reciever, but what about the bearings, do you need to do a complete disassembelly after each run, or just blow dry the truck, and hit it heavy with wd40, when i mean blow dry I mean using a compressor. These trucks are expensive and i hate to 400.00 dollars down the drain. I have some beater rc trucks, a Cen MT2, but I hate to abuse it, because it has been a good little truck. Id appreciate your imput and ideas.

Thanks
Old 12-11-2005, 08:24 PM
ssj2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: To run or not run in the snow that is the question!!!

I can't help you cuz that's what I'm debating to do to. I'm in IL and its startin to get cold every single day. I just got my Mammoth ST too, and I'd hate to ruin it cuz I ran it in the winter and I just could'nt wait till spring. I'm gonna be checkin replies on this topic!
Old 12-11-2005, 08:33 PM
ICrashThings

Sure, run it in the snow. You can always replace parts. Just tighten the screws, ballon the batts, and dip the servos. Go have fun.
Old 12-11-2005, 08:54 PM
FE_Chris
My Feedback: (2)

.................and don't forget to get the extreme elements air filter. Helps keep snow and water from getting sucked into the intake.
ORIGINAL: ICrashThings

Sure, run it in the snow. You can always replace parts. Just tighten the screws, ballon the batts, and dip the servos. Go have fun.
Old 12-11-2005, 09:23 PM
guver
My Feedback: (325)

What I decided to do was to wait until it got cold enough that it more just dry powder and go ahead and run without waterproofing. On the warmwer wet sloppy days I just do not run. Ok call me lazy.

saves me from a lot of work . I am allergic to it .
Old 12-11-2005, 09:33 PM
ICrashThings

ORIGINAL: U-dUd

On the warmwer wet sloppy days I just do not run. Ok call me lazy.

saves me from a lot of work . I am allergic to it .
[&o]

Then you obviously need a new hobby. Wrenching on your truck is half the fun.
Old 12-12-2005, 10:58 AM
benifur
My Feedback: (4)

Running in the snow is great fun. It's been real cold here lately makes my fingers num. I run my most expencive LST in it. Call me crazy but that's why I spent so much on it (almost bullet proof). I used plastic drip but didn't like the way actual dipping the servos turned out so I painted it on. I wraped my reciever box in Saran wrap (plastic wrap) I used a bread wire tie where the wires come out and got it nice and tight. When I'm done I blow the snow and water off and then use a hair drier to get it real dry. I hear that if you let it get to cold plastic things on them get britle. Like your rims, it's real important they stay felexable. So I go out for 2-3 tanks then go back in. You can shoot snow roster tails easy 10' into the air. Yep if you ask me the snow is great fun! YEEHAW. I havn't figured a way to keep the brakes dry. So after a sec. or 2 you have no brakes. And that's OK you can't stop on ice anyway
Old 12-12-2005, 01:29 PM
ryuhito

DO IT! I had so much fun with my Mini-Giant last winter! I acutally made a vented box to cover the electronics which provided a great balance of heat dispersion and water protection. I've also used balloons (the 'over-the-hill' ones are cool because they're black) to cover receivers and such. Avoid fat-lipped rims and tight tread patterns- they gather snow and slow the truck down.
I just ordered my E-zilla this morning, all the stuff I got for it showed up at the office today. Pics to come!i
Old 12-12-2005, 06:59 PM
love those warbirds
My Feedback: (39)

I just took mine out and ran it like it was July! LOL I foresee rusting.