Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

to all dads or for kids 4 to 6yo good indoor monster truck

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

to all dads or for kids 4 to 6yo good indoor monster truck

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2005, 08:34 PM
jombo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default to all dads or for kids 4 to 6yo good indoor monster truck

ok, i know its a newbright but wait, it comes with batteries(4.8v,9v)but a 9.6 will fit under the body.your going to cut the 4.8v plug and solder a male plug on as an adaptor and the 9.6 will plug into that male adaptor you made.this thing is now ready for adult fun.i dont think my daughter played with it yet since i modified it. the truck does wheelies on the carpet and donuts on the hardwood floors. i think i need to go buy 1 more for my daughter because this si just too fast now. i could put it back the way it was but what fun is that.here is a pic and kb toys has them for 15.00 its a good stocking stufferfor a little one who wants to start in rc and wont break the bank.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq48270.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	44.4 KB
ID:	372409   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ay74208.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	59.8 KB
ID:	372410   Click image for larger version

Name:	Oj26878.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	59.5 KB
ID:	372411  
Old 12-19-2005, 12:43 AM
MBX5T Maniac
My Feedback: (-1)

Default RE: to all dads or for kids 4 to 6yo good indoor monster truck

that thing looks too much like a toy to me. How much is that? I bet you that a 9.6 volt might destroy the drivetrain
Old 12-19-2005, 12:58 AM
jombo

yes its a toy, and its $15.00 us dollars.and so far the 9.6v is not destroyed it yet. i thought the same thing but it has the same type of gears that a geared airplane uses,and the motor is the same type that you can pickup at radio shack for 2.00 that have a voltage beteen 4v to 12v.
Old 12-19-2005, 11:08 AM
jombo

hi all, i tryed to upload a vid but it said its not supported so no wheelies vid sorry,but i uploaded the mod i did to make it go faster.
Old 12-19-2005, 04:12 PM
Volfy
My Feedback: (23)

I have gone through several Radio Shack and Walmart RC jobs trying to find something fun for my son. Most of them have bang-bang speed control and steering, which means they are either ON or OFF. Plus the steering is usually very limited. They are good for nothing but dinging up my furniture and walls.

The best INDOOR monster truck, bar none, is the Hobbyzone Mini Mawler. It is $79, but it is fully proportional - speed & steering. It turns on a dime and goes just fast enough to be fun. Yet it doesn't carry enough speed and weight to do much damage around the house. The pistol grip Tx operates just like the real thang, so your child can easily step right up to dad's big monster trucks.