Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

WARHEAD FACTORY CARB SETTINGS

Old 12-28-2005, 10:47 PM
tar70403

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WARHEAD FACTORY CARB SETTINGS

I am new to RC Nitro and having trouble starting my new warhead. In reading the book it shows factory carb settings at 4-1/2 turns out HSN and 12-1/2 turns out LSN. Is this actually 2 turns out HSN or 4.5 turns out for the HSN. Also, the engine appears to flood all the time. Any suggestions.
Old 12-29-2005, 11:54 AM
spacoli

Default RE: WARHEAD FACTORY CARB SETTINGS

Hi,
I'm new also and have the Warhead. I flooded mine the first time too. I could not see the fuel in the line because of the color of the fuel and I'm not good with colors, but it was there and I kept priming it (flooded).
Just like the manual states, I removed the glow plug, turned it over on its side and pulled the started a few times to clear out the extra fuel. Then it started right up. You just have to keep an eye on the fuel in the line, once it gets to the carb, stop priming.
good luck
Old 12-29-2005, 12:06 PM
elite
My Feedback: (2)

if the PS is hard to start, losen the glow plug. If you know its flodded, do the above and take it out, pull the started a few times, reinstall GP and try again. New engines are tough to get going. Also, if i remember correctly the HS needle is 4 1/2 and the LSN is 12 1/2. Double check the manual though its from memory.
Old 12-29-2005, 01:07 PM
clegen3

im having a little trouble starting it up, even though this is my first MT i followed everything but still nothing
Old 12-29-2005, 10:09 PM
tar70403

When my HSN is set at 4 1/2 turns out and my LSN is set at 12 1/2 turns out, fuel just pours into the carb. I can remove the filter and glow plug and pour the fuel out but it just fills back up in the carb. immediately. I am sure this is why it keeps flooding. What does everyone have their HSN and LSN set at?
Old 12-29-2005, 10:48 PM
spv1425

I started with mine at 4 1/2 turns on HSN like factory settings say. Make sure you check it and don't take their word for it. After a few 3-4 minutes runs, I noticed it was running way too hot so I richened up the LSN about 3/4 a turn. Now after 7 tanks it's running at 270F for the entire tank, just as it should. Hope this helps.
Old 12-30-2005, 01:46 PM
spacoli

I turned my LSN out to richen it up, not sure how much probably around 1 turn.
When I pinched off the fuel line to shut it down, it shut off right away. Now it revs up for a few seconds and then shuts down, just like the manual states it should do.