Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

NEED TNX ENGINE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

NEED TNX ENGINE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2005, 02:16 AM
soccernerd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEED TNX ENGINE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey, i got a new TNX for christmas and checked eveything on the engine and the settings and everything, when i go and try to start it up, it starts ok, but there is a lot of fuel come out of the exaust and more smoke coming out from under the cooling head. When I push the button for the electric start it makes a strange sound so I took off the glow ignitor and tried again and there were bubbles of nitro fuel leeking through. What is wrong with the engine? and what can i do to fix it?
Old 12-30-2005, 02:25 AM
jombo

Default RE: NEED TNX ENGINE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thefuel coming out of the exaust is because its running rich thats ok for breakin, the exaust comming out of the head may be from loose hex nuts or a missing copper glow plug washer.
Old 12-30-2005, 02:32 AM
soccernerd

all the screws and everything are tight and are there
Old 12-30-2005, 02:37 AM
dustin7837
My Feedback: (1)

If you mean that fuel is comming out from the inside of the cooling head that wouldmean your glpw plug is loose or missing a washer as jombo said. If you mean that it is comming out from UNDER the cooling head that would mean that either the cooling head is not sealing to the engine. This could be because it is loose, needs sealed, or is defective from fatory. Your best bet would be to talk to the manufacture becasue if it is defective you should get warranty.
Old 12-30-2005, 02:39 AM
jombo

but is the copper washer that came with the glow plug there between the head and the glow plug?
Old 12-30-2005, 02:41 AM
soccernerd

yea its between the glow plug and the head and the fuel is coming from the under the glow plug
Old 12-30-2005, 02:47 AM
jombo

if the answer is yes , then is your glow plug getting tight or its just turning and not getting tight. if its not tightening down its striped and you need a new one.if this is the case you can cheat by using 2 copper washers and using a longer glow plug like a os8.you should be using a a3 or a fox short plug for the 18cc motor.
Old 12-30-2005, 02:54 AM
soccernerd

i changed the glow plug and its tight and wont turn anymore and its still doing the it
Old 12-30-2005, 10:23 AM
Bria1

Is it the stock head, or did you get the pro version and changed to the other head?
Old 12-30-2005, 10:55 AM
snowbl!nd

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If there are any scratches on the small copper washer this can cause fuel to leak. If you are using a brand new glow plug/washer and it is still leaking, try turning the copper washer the other way, sometimes they seal better one way than the other. Also, do not overtighten the glow-plug, as this can strip the threads in the head - just 'nip it up.
Old 12-30-2005, 02:39 PM
soccernerd

I replaced the head and it still leaks a bit of fuel out from under the glow plug
Old 01-01-2006, 11:40 AM
Dil

first time i am hearing a problem with the TNX Engine, did you check if your exhaust pipe nuts are tight at the port, i cant think of anything else if you already got a new head and stuff,

if its still not the exhaust pipe nuts at the engine, then i suggest you go to an expert and get it checked up, cos theres' no point just messing about with your nuts and stuff

when you changed your cooling head did you use the correct gasket, (sometimes if the gasket is not facing the correct side there can be a leak as well, i am not sure if there is a specific side that the gasket goes in the TNX but you should get it checked)

your best option is to take it to a pro and get it checked up,