Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

.21 t-maxx clutch problem

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2002, 04:53 PM
rebrod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default .21 t-maxx clutch problem

i have a .21 converted t-maxx that has a shot clutch and spur gear, both stock. i want to replace with a 3 or 4 shoe clutch and a metal spur. my problem has been that i can't find a metal spur gear and clutch bell with the same pitch! i have a 3-shoe clutch, but can't find the other pieces. any suggestions? thanks, lloyd
Old 11-21-2002, 02:55 AM
3maxxman
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default .21 t-maxx clutch problem

If you want to use the stock Traxxas spur you are limited on options, Traxxas makes a 1/8 scale sized clutchbell for the Nitro Hawk part # 3119X and 3120X The part #'s MUST have the 'X' that is the designation for the steel C/B, 3119 and 3120 are aluminum and will explode very quickly. They only come in 19 or 20 tooth. The better option is to use the Ultimate Slipper made by Strobe RC it uses an Ofna 51t spur on the stock Tmaxx tranny slipper shaft, then you can use any 1/8 scale clutch and bell you want Ofna, Mugen, Kyosho.... as long as they are M1 (1mod) pitch. The slipper works much better than anything else on the market and the clutch is designed for the high powered engines. I would not suggest a 4 shoe clutch they engage very solidly and you will be breaking parts if you don't have your slipper adjusted correctly, the 3 shoe is much more forgiving and will work very well for jumping and bashing. Here is a link to Strobe RC (click here)
Here is a pic of one my trucks with the slipper installed.