Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

3racing extended chassis for revo

Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

3racing extended chassis for revo

Old 01-18-2006, 10:42 PM
hybridstone

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3racing extended chassis for revo

I'm building a race revo for a friend and i want to extend the wheelbase since i'm adding a midblock 21 anyone know about 3racing is there stuff crap?? anyone here own an extended chassis revo?
Old 01-19-2006, 10:21 AM
binaryterror

Default RE: 3racing extended chassis for revo

Their first version was utter trash, they claim the new one is better but built on the same material...giving me low hope.

I'd recommend the Extended rear A-Arms over the 3 Racing chassis right now until we get more proven feedback.
Old 01-19-2006, 12:29 PM
Haulin bass

Hybrid you got a pm
Old 01-19-2006, 04:30 PM
nicholsm04
My Feedback: (-1)

ive never had any problems with a 3Racing Product, theyre typically very nice. I have had springs, shocks, etc.
Old 01-20-2006, 10:33 PM
McFrosty

Maybe I'm missing something but does a 3cm extension really make a difference?

3cm is basicaly nothing. If it was 3cm wder maybe but 3cm in length doesn't really seem like its worth it.
Old 01-21-2006, 12:22 AM
hybridstone

The 3racing extended chassis is 30mm longer over stock its $59.00us. The ballistic batteries chassis is .90 longer almost 1 inch!! but its $149us I will try the new traxxas a-arms and see how the truck handels with the mid block wasp21 if its still unstable i will ad the 3racing chassis
Old 01-21-2006, 02:04 AM
MBX5T Maniac

30mm is 3cm. that's not going to make enough of a difference for it to be worth it.

Now the Vantage racing chassis on the other hand shaves 146 oz over the stock one, but it's the same length
Old 01-21-2006, 02:27 AM
RCtruckRacer

I feel the need to point out the scale here... 3 cm can most definately make a difference! Thats about a 6% increase. Ummm, Mayhem, what did you mean to say, 1.46 oz? Because the 146 oz is like 9 lbs.
Old 01-21-2006, 03:17 AM
Haulin bass

sorry but the vantage chassis is crap unless you like flexy weak chassis, and 3cm is a huge diffrence in scale that would be a 1 foot diffrence.
Old 01-21-2006, 02:42 PM
MBX5T Maniac

excuse me, 146 grams.

I still don't think that 3cm will make enough difference for the price of that chassis.
Old 01-21-2006, 03:11 PM
A.B.U

I agree with mayhem. I mean.. 3 cm longer. Whoopde doo. What difference in a race will 3cm make? I mean.. sure if both back hwwles are aligned the 3cm will take the lead, but itll be so close nothing will matter. Get something like.. an inch longer.
Old 01-21-2006, 03:57 PM
MBX5T Maniac

3inches would make a difference, but 3cm is something that the pros are worried about.

Pros that get paid to race will want smaller differences like that because the truck is more stable, and less likely to wheelie. A normal racer will not see the difference enough for it to actually be worth all that money.

Now if it were 1-2 inches longer, then I could see why someone would buy the chassis, because that is a big difference.
Old 01-21-2006, 04:04 PM
A.B.U

With a longer chasis, you can control a BB engine easier. because it'll be harder to pull the front up. Since all the weight is in the back, and it'll have mroe to pull up...
Old 01-21-2006, 05:08 PM
Haulin bass

3 cm is over an inch genius, why dont you ever try something before making a comment?
Have either of you drove a high powered stock chassis revo compared to a simillar truck with an extended chassis? Nope because if you did you know it would make a 2-3 second diffrence per lap.You can accellerate harder, pound the rough sections even faster, your more stable in the air, and less likely to traction roll.Im no pro but I can easily tell the diffrence between when Im running my ext or standard chassis
Old 01-21-2006, 05:20 PM
MBX5T Maniac

it is 1.18 inches. Okay, so I still think 1in isn't going to make a huge difference. But hey, it isn't my money
Old 01-21-2006, 05:39 PM
A.B.U

ORIGINAL: Haulin bass

3 cm is over an inch genius, why dont you ever try something before making a comment?
Have either of you drove a high powered stock chassis revo compared to a simillar truck with an extended chassis? Nope because if you did you know it would make a 2-3 second diffrence per lap.You can accellerate harder, pound the rough sections even faster, your more stable in the air, and less likely to traction roll.Im no pro but I can easily tell the diffrence between when Im running my ext or standard chassis
I wish people like you would learn to actually make sense out of something. I meant an INCH ADDED ON to the 3 CM. "genious" And have I driven a High Powered sotck length chasised REVO? I wouldn't say NOPE to that. I have driven one, and IMO Longer is better. And uh, a longer chasis is more stable at higher speeds. Unlike a smaller chasis, again.. "genious". BUT a shorter chasis is better on a tighter track.
Old 01-21-2006, 09:53 PM
Haulin bass

wow quote a word that spelled diffrent in diffrent countries smart guy, and turning has to do with weight transfer and tire slip angles more than wheelbase, In fact traxxas emplyees have stated even a stock revo could use a wheelbase extention for all tracks.
Make sence of your post lets see
With a longer chasis, you can control a BB engine easier. because it'll be harder to pull the front up. Since all the weight is in the back, and it'll have mroe to pull up...
so from this jumbled english I get you tring to say more weight in the rear end will make you wheely less.
I agree with mayhem. I mean.. 3 cm longer. Whoopde doo. What difference in a race will 3cm make? I mean.. sure if both back hwwles are aligned the 3cm will take the lead, but itll be so close nothing will matter. Get something like.. an inch longer
What are hwwles? You obviously didnt know how big three 3cm was and your trying to now state that 2 inches would make all the diffrence(wich is possible with the setback arms) but 1 inch does nothing.also you seem to have gone back against your first statement.
Old 01-21-2006, 10:34 PM
A.B.U

No, I didn't type my first statement correctly, but seeing as you're so "perfect" and you just can't afford for me to make a typo, wth out you whining about it, or HAVING to correct me, when you KNOW what I meant, is kinda chidlish. I know hwat I said, and I emant An INCch longer than 3 cm. I know about 2.5 or w/e cm's is an inch, I'm not a retard, What I WAS saying, but obviously didn't understand, was an INCH longer than 3 cm. Or want me to say, Oh, lemme be more accurate. needs to be 2.5 CMs longer and it'll be good. And im not "gone back" my first statement, like I said, I just didn;t type correctly. It's the internet, I don't always type what I think/say. Get over it.
Old 01-21-2006, 10:41 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: Haulin bass

so from this jumbled english I get you tring to say more weight in the rear end will make you wheely less.
no, but the longer chassis positions the weight that IS in the front end further out, so yes, it WILL wheelie less.

what I think is utterly humorous is that you and ABUN agree completely, but you're arguing over stupid little semantics.
Old 01-22-2006, 12:55 AM
Haulin bass

Your completely right I got a little hot headed and I would like to apoligise to Anotherboringusername, funny thing is we were both arguing the same thing in the same way.Sorry bud
Old 01-22-2006, 12:51 PM
hybridstone

Hallin do you still have the sut?
Old 01-22-2006, 08:50 PM
Haulin bass

yeah I was trying to get rid of it and use the money to buy something else but I dont know if its gonna happen.
Funny Im *****en about the short chassis on the revo when the suts just as short.
Old 01-22-2006, 08:53 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

SUT is lower too, though, isn't it?
Old 01-22-2006, 10:06 PM
MBX5T Maniac

How much for the GS?
Old 01-22-2006, 10:11 PM
revopqrs

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the real question here should be, will the new 3racing chassis be a peice of crap or not! its still softer aluminum than the stock chassis, and longer. i would be worried......