Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2006, 11:02 PM
WAD
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LUNCHBOX

Finally got my Lunchbox re-release kit on Fridaya from tower
I should have the truck finished and running by tomorrow

is anyone else excited about this little MT ?

Is this the same 540 motor that was released with the orig?
(it seems a little different)
Old 01-21-2006, 11:24 PM
Vertical3-D
My Feedback: (20)

Default RE: LUNCHBOX

It is probablly from the same company(motor) just updated over time, i was born in 87 and my first truck was a lunchbox my dad had since before i was born, they have had midnight pumkins out for a while now, but with the esc you cant beat that price for this cool old truck, they are near bullet proof and ae awesome for just messing around with....lets see, it doesnt climb or handle well, isnt that fast, but is it one of the most fun to drive trucks i have ever had....hell yes....so here is one person at least who is happy to see it brought back...
Old 01-22-2006, 07:17 AM
binaryterror

That came out some time ago...I got one the day tower showed them first in stock (though at my LHS...and it was cheaper).

FUN FUN FUN. I grew up on those times and always wanted a Lunchbox, but my Dad pushed me to the racing ones (thanks!).
Old 01-22-2006, 02:24 PM
WAD

I just had it out today for the first time.
It is SLOW as can be (compared to what is out there now) but your right,
tis a BLAST!!!!

and with my 2000mah battery, great run times!
Old 01-23-2006, 11:07 PM
WAD

WELL, HERE IS A PIC...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec87546.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	70.3 KB
ID:	394135  
Old 01-24-2006, 09:32 AM
maxximum_overdrive

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i wonder how much of a handfull it would be with a brushless system? back in the 80's i used to run indoor carpet circle track with a bolink pan car, a few of the guys tht we raced with started bringing there 'boxes and pumpkins, so we started a mt class. one of them was crazy fast, the guy had modded a set of rear pan car foam tires and wheels ( the rules at the time said the tires had to be at least 2 1/2 inches and the foams were about 2 3/4 before they were cut and trued) and was running a 16 turn motor i think. anyway that little truck was turning about 16 second laps (my pan car was turning about 12 second laps) and the closest any of the other trucks could get was about 18 sec. then losi offered a truck conversion for the jrx2 buggy, wich by to days standards made it a stadium truck, but back then it was a moster truck. my best friend got one and started racing with us and ended up beating the little box about half the time. but for a long time that little box was the truck to beat. i coverted my pan to mt status but they outlawed it after the first race saying that it had to have suspension to be considered a mt. anyway i was never able to get a lunchbox, but aloways wanted one. hmmmmmmm, my b-day is in a couple of weeks, maybe i can talk the wife into getting me one. i already have the radio gear (accually i have my friends jrx2 convesion, complete with body) that i hd way back then (futaba jr. with esc and original servo). anyway i guess i've rambled long enough.
Old 01-24-2006, 10:30 PM
WAD

ah,
do it!
it will bring back the memories!!!

Old 01-25-2006, 08:16 AM
EG1

I love to see old school RC's! A Bolink onroad car & indoor tracks is also where I started racing. I soon found dirt and never went back.
Old 01-25-2006, 08:26 AM
maxximum_overdrive

i would accually still have the bolink if it hadn't hit a curb head on at wot. being that it was all graphite........chassis, rear pod, and rear axle all exploded. the only things i was able to save were the radio gear, motor, and the fron axle, wich got use on another project. yeah..........maybe i will go for it.
Old 01-25-2006, 08:53 AM
binaryterror

The Lunchbox's stock tranny can barely handle a 19T motor...it'll never handle a Brushless.

Also remember back in the day the motors weren't as good as they are now. I know some guys making Stock motors nearly as fast as the 19T's on our track.
Old 01-25-2006, 10:52 PM
EG1

I still have the chassis back home in the US, it just needs some new front sprngs(lol cheap but effective back then) and a new rear complete shock.

I never had a lunchbox but I had like 3 blackfoots!
Old 01-26-2006, 08:23 AM
maxximum_overdrive

yeah the only "truck" i ever hadback then, was the bolink conversion, but i did have this crazy four wheel drive buggy that had a chain drive and a three shock four wheel independant suspesion set up. i think it was called a Dolphin, but don't quote me on that. i converted it to on road with a set of foam tires and an '88 Iroc-z body that i paited deep purple metalic with black rally stripes. i don't even remember what happend to that car.
Old 01-26-2006, 08:58 PM
blackrain

some of my first rc was a tamiya lunchbox , tamiya falcon and a bolink eliminator pan car
Old 01-28-2006, 03:40 AM
original.mb

wad,

wow that sure brings back memorys for me i remember the release of the lunch box 1st time round and it still looks cool

i remember the early 80's and the original release of the then wild willis, man when i saw the illustration on the wild willis box thats what got me into r/c and i've never looked back
Old 01-28-2006, 10:31 AM
WAD

well Veron,
I take it you know of this little nifty site..

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/

i LOVE the vintage media section!!
Old 04-03-2006, 07:18 AM
Z-Rider
My Feedback: (53)

I just ordered my Lunchbox from Tower yesterday. I had one of the original trucks back in '89/'90, awesome little bugger. Also ordered a grasshopper for my 7 year old daughter. We plan on building them together, should be fun.

Later,
Z